CigarBanter

Advanced search  

Poll

If you had to smoke only three cigar brands in 2015, which of the following would they be?  (Results will be displayed after the poll closes.)

A.J. Fernandez / San Lotano
- 11 (14.7%)
Alec Bradley
- 0 (0%)
Arturo Fuente / Ashton / La Aroma de Cuba / San Cristobal
- 10 (13.3%)
Asylum / CLE / EH
- 2 (2.7%)
Camacho / Room 101
- 3 (4%)
Crowned Heads - Four Kicks / Jericho Hill / Headley Grange / J.D. Howard
- 4 (5.3%)
Drew Estate (including Liga series)
- 2 (2.7%)
E.P. Carillo
- 6 (8%)
Illusione
- 3 (4%)
J.C. Newman
- 0 (0%)
La Zona / Murcielago / 601 (Espinoza)
- 0 (0%)
My Father (DPG)
- 13 (17.3%)
Oliva / Cain / Nub
- 2 (2.7%)
Padrón
- 7 (9.3%)
Perdomo
- 1 (1.3%)
Rocky Patel
- 0 (0%)
Tatuaje / Cabaiguán / L'Atelier
- 9 (12%)
OTHER - There are way too many other brands out there.  Click here if we've missed your favorite.
- 2 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 01, 2015, 12:00:06 AM

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: 12/31/2014  (Read 50692 times)

Threebean

Re: 12/31/2014
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »

Also, another CF noob question: Seems I've heard that the VIH and CigarNut tickets aren't really worth the extra $$. Comments from grizzled veterans of this event?
I've never done the earlier, but it's basically just extra smoking time, and one of them comes with breakfast. I always just do the regular entry.
Maybe the warden is bored with the regular entry, you should consider switching it up!
Scraaaapppe!  Morning biebs.

sfish

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »

Pre-registration is now open for CIGARfest 2015
So will it be Friday or Saturday?
I've always been a Saturday guy until last year.  I think it might be worth taking the day off and doing it again on Friday, next year.
Its an important decision, I'd like to hang with the group more this year so let I'll wait to see what people are doing. Avoiding LTG is also a consideration 😃

Threebean

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2014, 10:08:28 AM »

I've always been a Saturday guy until last year.  I think it might be worth taking the day off and doing it again on Friday, next year.
Yeah, Friday is sounding pretty good, LTG's plans notwithstanding  ;)

sfish

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »

Also, another CF noob question: Seems I've heard that the VIH and CigarNut tickets aren't really worth the extra $$. Comments from grizzled veterans of this event?
I've never done the earlier, but it's basically just extra smoking time, and one of them comes with breakfast. I always just do the regular entry.
Maybe the warden is bored with the regular entry, you should consider switching it up!
Been knocking on that door for years! Morning, Scott.
Morning Dave, all. The new year brings renewed optimism!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »

I've done all three and find that I prefer the regular ticket.  The problem is that they sell out first.  In the last couple of years, we spend most of the day tailgating so more time "inside" the event really isn't needed.

sfish

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »

Depends on the Thur events also but I like going to them

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:09 AM »

Agree with that.  Little difference in what you get as far as swag, and there isn't a real need for more time inside.  Plenty to do outside with the various smaller herfs.  The main benefit is it's a little less crowded during the earlier hours.  I'm leaning to Saturday myself.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »

Its an important decision, I'd like to hang with the group more this year so let I'll wait to see what people are doing. Avoiding LTG is also a consideration
It's practically a necessity.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »

Ya can't ask, you just have to take it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »

Morning Dave, all. The new year brings renewed optimism!
For what?  GFY!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »

Its an important decision, I'd like to hang with the group more this year so let I'll wait to see what people are doing. Avoiding LTG is also a consideration 😃
Well played.  Morning Scott!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2014, 10:14:55 AM »

Is 'Dirt Road Anthem' your theme song?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »

You mean the third entry point?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »

I am listening to the suggestions also, might just make the trip.  Avoiding Golf would be great  :) but since he has booked the week that seems impossible.

My two questions would be what is the best airport to use (Travellin Dave should be well qualified for that one) and what city should I spend the nights in?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »

Morning S Fish.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22