Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
We also only received 2 channels.  NBC (ch5) and CBS (Ch4).  I remember we always had a tv, so I would have to say we got it around 1953-54.
I can remember when we had only 2 in Shreveport Channel 3 ABC and Channel 12 CBS.  Don Owens was the 5:00 local news man everyday for many years on Channel 12 and Al Bolton did the weather.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *

In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
LOL that makes me feel young as I was born in 53.  You should be celebrating Shot Stack after that Cock's win!
/I feel the same way about them as I do the Panthers ,Teams with their records should decline post season play and I am a fan of both went to SC and have season tickets for 20 years for the  Panthers received play off ticket invoice this week for 400.00 bucks that I have to pay because I have PSls,I will pay but don't know if I will go

[...]
I am watching the Panthers now.

[...]
Remember the first TV I saw - big ol' cabinet, little ol' tube, all the curtains drawn.

Chit, been a nice 5 days off but got to go back to work in the morning.  At least I only got a 2-1/2 day week.

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!
Just so he does not set Dean or Dean's trailer on fire!

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!
Hiya Mike.  Typical former fireman, pyromaniac.

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.
That would be the norm for Times Square wouldn't it?

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
I'm sure he's fine.  He was sober while setting the fire and that goes a long way.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8