CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: 12/28/2014  (Read 20827 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 12/28/2014
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2014, 05:07:23 PM »

In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
We also only received 2 channels.  NBC (ch5) and CBS (Ch4).  I remember we always had a tv, so I would have to say we got it around 1953-54.
I can remember when we had only 2 in Shreveport Channel 3 ABC and Channel 12 CBS.  Don Owens was the 5:00 local news man everyday for many years on Channel 12 and Al Bolton did the weather.

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »

In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
LOL that makes me feel young as I was born in 53.  You should be celebrating Shot Stack after that Cock's win!
/I feel the same way about them as I do the Panthers ,Teams with their records should decline post season play and I am a fan of both went to SC and have season tickets for 20 years for the  Panthers received play off ticket invoice this week for 400.00 bucks that I have to pay because I have PSls,I will pay but don't know if I will go

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »

LOL that makes me feel young as I was born in 53.  You should be celebrating Shot Stack after that Cock's win!
/I feel the same way about them as I do the Panthers ,Teams with their records should decline post season play and I am a fan of both went to SC and have season tickets for 20 years for the  Panthers received play off ticket invoice this week for 400.00 bucks that I have to pay because I have PSls,I will pay but don't know if I will go
I am watching the Panthers now.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »

We also only received 2 channels.  NBC (ch5) and CBS (Ch4).  I remember we always had a tv, so I would have to say we got it around 1953-54.
I can remember when we had only 2 in Shreveport Channel 3 ABC and Channel 12 CBS.  Don Owens was the 5:00 local news man everyday for many years on Channel 12 and Al Bolton did the weather.
Remember the first TV I saw - big ol' cabinet, little ol' tube, all the curtains drawn.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:37 PM »

Chit, been a nice 5 days off but got to go back to work in the morning.  At least I only got a 2-1/2 day week.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »

I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »

tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2014, 06:38:12 PM »

Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »

Just so he does not set Dean or Dean's trailer on fire!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »

Enjoy yourself!
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »

Hiya Mike.  Typical former fireman, pyromaniac.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »

Enjoy yourself!
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.
That would be the norm for Times Square wouldn't it?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

I'm sure he's fine.  He was sober while setting the fire and that goes a long way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8