CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: 12/18/2014  (Read 46402 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 12/18/2014
« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »

BD, I found a new photo idea for you...

I believe years back on vacation, we stopped and took some photos at Beaver Creek.
Used to be Beaver College nearby in western PA, actually it's earliest iteration was Beaver Women's College....but the stuffed shirts renamed it in 2000 as Arcadia.
I know it's always going to happen, but I hate it when the meaning of words keep changing. I remember when queer meant odd, and fag was a cigarette. I believe there's a new commercial when a kid tells Santa he had to get a new line, I think meaning haircut.  Yikes, I feel like everyone is speaking martian or something.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »

BD, I found a new photo idea for you...

I believe years back on vacation, we stopped and took some photos at Beaver Creek.
Used to be Beaver College nearby in western PA, actually it's earliest iteration was Beaver Women's College....but the stuffed shirts renamed it in 2000 as Arcadia.
I know it's always going to happen, but I hate it when the meaning of words keep changing. I remember when queer meant odd, and fag was a cigarette. I believe there's a new commercial when a kid tells Santa he had to get a new line, I think meaning haircut.  Yikes, I feel like everyone is speaking martian or something.
Eep opp ork ah ah!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »

Tap 357 is a decent Maple Rye that isn't a sickeningly syrupy sweet as many...still wouldn't stick with it for a whole night.  Otherwise Red Stag which was one of the first.  For the holidays, people enjoy even mix of Rum Chata and Fireball...tastes like a cinnamon bun!
Plus you get a head start on your embalming.
One New Years my buddy challenged us all to take a shot of whiskey.  Not a problem, until he pulled out these Texas shot glasses that were about 7 inches tall.  He pulled out a bottle of Mekhong Whiskey from Thailand.  After we drink it, it informed us that it also contained formaldehyde... We all got pretty drunk that night.
So, you are telling us you have more questionable friends, then!
Howdy, flip.  Are you meeting up with mweber tonight?
that's tonight, shoot, got a call at 6:30 this morning, worked on that fro a few hours, then dragged my asz into the city, cause they don't want you working from home.  Plus the warden was off today. just getting ready to head home and crash. So I think no, not tonight.   

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »

Tap 357 is a decent Maple Rye that isn't a sickeningly syrupy sweet as many...still wouldn't stick with it for a whole night.  Otherwise Red Stag which was one of the first.  For the holidays, people enjoy even mix of Rum Chata and Fireball...tastes like a cinnamon bun!
One New Years my buddy challenged us all to take a shot of whiskey.  Not a problem, until he pulled out these Texas shot glasses that were about 7 inches tall.  He pulled out a bottle of Mekhong Whiskey from Thailand.  After we drink it, it informed us that it also contained formaldehyde... We all got pretty drunk that night.
Actually, that one is no longer my friend.  One day I caught him telling a lie.  At first I didn't think about it, but later it kept eating at me.  I'm just not a fan of liars, but I can understand some white lies every now and then, but the more I thought on this one, it really got to me.  It bothered me so bad that finally, I just told him, I can't be your friend anymore and that was the end of it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »

that's tonight, shoot, got a call at 6:30 this morning, worked on that fro a few hours, then dragged my asz into the city, cause they don't want you working from home.  Plus the warden was off today. just getting ready to head home and crash. So I think no, not tonight.
I'm not either.  He PM'd me late last night that today would be the only time he could meet up.  I invited him to Yonkers tomorrow night but he said he had other plans.  I think he was afraid we were gonna ask him to build us a humidor.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2014, 03:20:25 PM »

Actually, that one is no longer my friend.  One day I caught him telling a lie.  At first I didn't think about it, but later it kept eating at me.  I'm just not a fan of liars, but I can understand some white lies every now and then, but the more I thought on this one, it really got to me.  It bothered me so bad that finally, I just told him, I can't be your friend anymore and that was the end of it.
Did you remember to grab all your marbles before you left to go home?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »

Well, hell. Doctor says get another CAT scan, may need more surgery. Fuck me.
Sorry to hear it.  At least it would explain the shoulder pain.
Nah, shoulder looks great, he says. Take more pain pills till it heals. The leg isn't looking right.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »

Nah, shoulder looks great, he says. Take more pain pills till it heals. The leg isn't looking right.
You have two lefts?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »

Did you remember to grab all your marbles before you left to go home?
Oh yes...!!!  We had been very good friends for over 10 years.  But that's what happens when you grow up believing in The Lone Ranger, and Superman.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »

You have two lefts?
Yeah, and one needs glasses.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

You have two lefts?
Yeah, and one needs glasses.
I have no excuse because I'm not on Vicodin.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »

I'm not either.  He PM'd me late last night that today would be the only time he could meet up.  I invited him to Yonkers tomorrow night but he said he had other plans.  I think he was afraid we were gonna ask him to build us a humidor.
You'll have to make your own feet however.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »

You'll have to make your own feet however.
Arguably the hardest part.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »

I have the beanie weenies baking, so I think I'll watch an episode of Masters of Sex.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »

I have the beanie weenies baking, so I think I'll watch an episode of Masters of Sex.
So if you keep stirring, will they be bun size?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22