Just found out I got to have my ass in Houston by 9 in the morning be back Friday afternoon.  Chit I was done traveling for the year.

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
You mad bro?  You can get a signed box of those Inaugurals for like $110...

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
You mad bro?  You can get a signed box of those Inaugurals for like $110...
CNS, he does seem agitated

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
I'll pass on fucking Joe, but do tell about the Edicion Inagural - did you buy a box and they sucked?

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
You mad bro?  You can get a signed box of those Inaugurals for like $110...
CNS, he does seem agitated
I don't hate Gurkha cause their MSRP is out of bounds, I hate them because they make shitty cigars(minus the Cellar Reserve)  ;D

[...]
Right? EPC males so many good and some great cigars but our boy seems jaded

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
I'll pass on fucking Joe, but do tell about the Edicion Inagural - did you buy a box and they sucked?
Yes, they were some of the crappiest made cigars I have ever seen and smoke was so-so but that is peronal taste.  Tried them about 2 times a year for 3 years then gave up and threw them away.  I was an LGC fan for many years and still am but those inaugural's were trash with wrappers so thin they just fell apart while smoking them and poor burn quality.  Oh yeah pre-ordered the rare bastards and waited 3 months for them.  $130 + shipping for 10.

[...]
Dare I say Tex is using 'Commie logic' on this one?  Someone go check on this brotha!

[...]
Southern logic - fuck me once shame on you fuck me twice shame on me and EPC ain't getting me twice.

[...]
Ohh yeah, he's mad!   ;)

[...]
And you guys just keep poking the bear...

[...]
Similar to my experience with Graycliffs.  Got some as a free add-on to a CI order.  First was plugged, so I took it apart...looked more like a briar patch in there than a cigar.  Second was plugged.  I threw the rest away and have zero temptation to buy any Graycliffs.

My first experience with Carrillos were the Short Run Vintage.  Meh.  But then everyone was talking about the Core Short Runs so I ordered some.  Now I've got like 50 stashed in the humidor. Love those damned things.  Will see about these Dona Elenas.

But I understand about bad experiences.  With so many options out there, not much motivation to ever give a maker a second chance after he screwed you.

Went with Famous...tacked on another box of CyB's (which got me free shipping and X8 cutter) and used a 20% off $150 coupon.  $123 and change out the door.
That's a score!
Seemed okay to me.  The Dona Elenas are an impulse buy, as I have no experience with them.  But I like Carillo's handiwork.  And hey, they made the CA list, so they have to be good, right?
Exactly!
They made CA's and JoeWacky/NJDaveinReno's list...so its gotta be legit!
But TX Dave didn't approve, if I recall...
I don't approve of anything with ERC attached to it's name!  He shit the bed with me on his $13 ripoff garbage inaugural edicion's sold only by the box.  Oh yeah and Fuck Joe.
I'll pass on fucking Joe, but do tell about the Edicion Inagural - did you buy a box and they sucked?
Yes, they were some of the crappiest made cigars I have ever seen and smoke was so-so but that is personal taste.  Tried them about 2 times a year for 3 years then gave up and threw them away.  I was an LGC fan for many years and still am but those inaugurals were trash with wrappers so thin they just fell apart while smoking them and poor burn quality.  Oh yeah pre-ordered the rare bastards and waited 3 months for them.  $130 + shipping for 10.
Ohh yeah, he's mad!   ;)
And you guys just keep poking the bear...
Oh yeah these enabling bastards drive me to another rant about twice a year on this topic.  It was really the shitty construction quality/$ that got me so pissed off.

[...]
Just don't delete your account - no one respects that move :)
All kidding aside, I agree with Raz on his last comment - too many good cigars out there, quality competition is high.

[...]

I actually think it was the disapointment after high expectations that keeps it from going away.  It was not like one bad burn or 1 thin wrapper but was very consistent though the box.  And like you said there are a bunch of fine cigars out there to pick from.