CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2014, 12:00:02 AM

Title: 12/28/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2014, 12:00:02 AM
Brrrrr!  It's getting cold out there again. It appears we'll be hard pressed to find any warm cigar deals on the various internet sites to help us get through it.  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a hot toddy and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:14:34 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:23:31 AM
Today is Sunday, Dec. 28, the 362nd day of 2014. There are three days left in the year.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:24:10 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Dec. 28, 1944, the musical "On the Town," with music by Leonard Bernstein and book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green, opened on Broadway.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:24:49 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:26:03 AM

In 1612, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei observed the planet Neptune, but mistook it for a star. (Neptune wasn't officially discovered until 1846 by Johann Gottfried Galle.)
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:26:52 AM
In 1832, John C. Calhoun became the first vice president of the United States to resign, stepping down because of differences with President Andrew Jackson.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:27:36 AM
In 1846, Iowa became the 29th state to be admitted to the Union.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:28:01 AM

In 1856, the 28th president of the United States, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, was born in Staunton (STAN'-tun), Virginia.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:28:36 AM
In 1917, the New York Evening Mail published "A Neglected Anniversary," a facetious essay by H.L. Mencken supposedly recounting the history of bathtubs in America.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:28:56 AM
In 1937, composer Maurice Ravel died in Paris at age 62.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:29:28 AM
In 1945, Congress officially recognized the Pledge of Allegiance.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:30:01 AM
In 1961, the Tennessee Williams play "Night of the Iguana" opened on Broadway. Former first lady Edith Bolling Galt Wilson, the second wife of President Woodrow Wilson, died in Washington at age 89.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:30:36 AM
In 1973, the Endangered Species Act was signed into law by President Richard Nixon. Alexander Solzhenitsyn published "The Gulag Archipelago," an expose (eks-poh-SAY') of the Soviet prison system.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:31:01 AM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:31:34 AM
In 1989, Alexander Dubcek (DOOB'-chek), the former Czechoslovak Communist leader who was deposed in a Soviet-led Warsaw Pact invasion in 1968, was named president of the country's parliament.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:32:10 AM
In 1999, Clayton Moore, television's "Lone Ranger, died in West Hills, California, at age 85.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:32:55 AM
Ten years ago: The U.S. Agency for International Development said it was adding $20 million to an initial $15 million contribution for Asian tsunami relief as Secretary of State Colin Powell bristled at a United Nations official's suggestion the United States was being "stingy." Activist and author Susan Sontag died in New York at age 71. Actor Jerry Orbach died in New York at age 69.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:33:48 AM
Five years ago: Al-Qaida in Yemen claimed responsibility for a Christmas Day attempt to blow up a U.S.-bound airliner. A bomb blast killed at least 44 people in a Shiite procession in the southern Pakistan city of Karachi. In Argentina, two men turned away from Buenos Aires were wed in Ushuaia (oo-SWY'-ah), the world's southernmost city, in Latin America's first same-sex marriage.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:34:31 AM
One year ago: Iraqi troops detained a Sunni lawmaker, Ahmed al-Alwani, a prominent organizer of Sunni protests in Anbar, on terrorism charges for inciting violence against Shiites. Film, television and stage actor Joseph Ruskin, 89, died in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:34:56 AM
Today's Birthdays: Comic book creator Stan Lee is 92. Former United Auto Workers union president Owen Bieber is 85. Actor Martin Milner is 83. Actress Nichelle Nichols is 82. Actress Dame Maggie Smith is 80. Rock singer-musician Charles Neville is 76. Sen. Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., is 70. Sen. Tim Johnson, D-S.D., is 68. Rock singer-musician Edgar Winter is 68. Actor Denzel Washington is 60. Country singer Joe Diffie is 56. Country musician Mike McGuire (Shenandoah) is 56. Actor Chad McQueen is 54. Country singer-musician Marty Roe (Diamond Rio) is 54. Actor Malcolm Gets is 50. Actor Mauricio Mendoza is 45. Comedian Seth Meyers is 41. Actor Brendan Hines is 38. Actor Joe Manganiello is 38. Actress Vanessa Ferlito is 37. Rhythm-and-blues singer John Legend is 36. Actress Sienna Miller is 33. Pop singer Kasey Sheridan (Dream) is 28. Actor Thomas Dekker is 27. Actress Mackenzie Rosman is 25. Pop singer David Archuleta is 24. Actor Miles Brown (TV: "black-ish") is 10.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:35:42 AM
Thought for Today: "Let no one underestimate the need of pity. We live in a stony universe whose hard, brilliant forces rage fiercely." — Theodore Dreiser, American author (born 1871, died this date in 1945).
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:36:44 AM
Bird Tags
-------------------------

According to the Knight Rider News Service, the inscription on the metal
bands used by the US Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds has
been changed.

The bands used to bear the address of the Washington Biological Survey,
abbreviated as "Wash. Biol. Surv."; until the agency received the
following letter from an Arkansas camper:

   Dear Sirs:

   While camping last week I shot one of your birds.  I think it was a
  crow.  I followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and want to
  tell you it tasted horrible.

The bands are now marked "Fish & Wildlife Service."
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 02:41:40 AM
Welcome back, Chip.  You were missed.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 02:48:48 AM
Welcome back, Chip.  You were missed.
Good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 03:02:11 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 28, 2014, 05:40:26 AM
Almost time for a triple sheesh.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:13:34 AM
Good Morning LSU.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:15:40 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:19:54 AM
This one appears to be weather related.

JAKARTA: The disappearance Sunday of AirAsia Flight 8501 was the third air incident this year involving Malaysia, where budget carrier AirAsia in based.  The latest missing flight went missing with 162 people aboard less than an hour after taking off from Surabaya, Indonesia, for Singapore.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: sfish on December 28, 2014, 06:20:40 AM
Good morning Chip and Dave, at the hockey rink for my sons early game...wtf?
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:31:40 AM
Good morning Chip and Dave, at the hockey rink for my sons early game...wtf?
Morning Ice Fish.   Man that is an early start!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 07:15:14 AM
Sheesh, must be Slacker Sunday.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 07:30:09 AM
Congrats on the 7000th post Chip!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2014, 07:33:22 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Tony and Fishy!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 07:35:39 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Tony and Fishy!
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 07:37:27 AM
34 degrees here with rain and a little wintry mix.  A little patch of light snow up towards Bean's way.

Better than CG's weather though!  He has 3 degrees now with forecast wind chill advisories reaching 30-35 below 0 for tonight and tomorrow.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2014, 07:54:31 AM
34 degrees here with rain and a little wintry mix.  A little patch of light snow up towards Bean's way.

Better than CG's weather though!  He has 3 degrees now with forecast wind chill advisories reaching 30-35 below 0 for tonight and tomorrow.
I'll be satisfied with my 42 and light rain.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2014, 08:00:15 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
It's a miracle.  I still don't like 'em.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 08:08:36 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
It's a miracle.  I still don't like 'em.
To me they are ok but only about a $3 max ok and certainly not a $6 ok.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 08:10:26 AM
34 degrees here with rain and a little wintry mix.  A little patch of light snow up towards Bean's way.

Better than CG's weather though!  He has 3 degrees now with forecast wind chill advisories reaching 30-35 below 0 for tonight and tomorrow.
I'll be satisfied with my 42 and light rain.
Hell,of a note when you are warmer than me in late December.  My son is flying home this evening and rain in Atlanta could be a mess for him
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 08:24:42 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 08:55:43 AM
In 1945, Congress officially recognized the Pledge of Allegiance.
History:
September 18, 1892 - The pledge is published for the first time in the juvenile magazine "The Youth's Companion." The pledge is written to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the discovery of America.

1924 - The words "the flag of the United States of America" put in place of "my Flag." The pledge was originally written - "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

1942 - The pledge is recognized by the U.S. government.

1943 - In West Virginia State Board of Education vs. Barnette (319 U.S. 624), the Supreme Court rules that requiring a person to say the pledge is violating the first and fourteenth amendments. The case involved a Jehovah's Witness student refusing to say the pledge in schools on the grounds it was against his or her religious beliefs.

1954 - President Dwight D. Eisenhower asks Congress to add "under God" to the pledge. Congress adds the phrase.

1998 - Dr. Michael Newdow files suit against the school board of Broward County (Florida) to get the phrase "under God" removed from the pledge. The suit is dismissed for lack of standing. Sandy Banning, the mother of the girl, says that her daughter is not an atheist and has not been harmed by saying the pledge in school. Banning and Newdow have faced custody issues over their daughter.

2000 - Newdow, who is an atheist, brings the case against the Elk Grove school system in California. His daughter attends Florence Markofer Elementary School in Elk Grove.

June 26, 2002 - The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decides that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools is an unconstitutional "endorsement of religion" because of the phrase "under God."

March 24, 2004 - Newdow argues his case before the Supreme Court.

June 14, 2004 - The U.S. Supreme Court dismisses the challenge to the constitutionality of the Pledge of Allegiance on a technicality, saying Newdow does not have legal standing to bring the case.

January 3, 2005 - Michael Newdow and eight co-plaintiffs file suit in a Sacramento federal court, seeking to remove the phrase "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. The eight co-plaintiffs are not named but are parents with custody of their children or children themselves.

July 18, 2005 - Michael Newdow reopens his case and sues four Sacramento area school districts on behalf of his family and several others.

August 10, 2005 - The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upholds a Virginia law that requires public schools to recite the Pledge of Allegiance daily, and rejects a claim that its reference to God is an unconstitutional promotion of religion. The court states that the pledge is not an affirmation of religion similar to a prayer, but simply a patriotic exercise. This suit is raised by a father of three, Edward Myers of Sterling, Virgina, who doesn't believe his children should have to say "one nation under God."

September 14, 2005 - Reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in schools is ruled unconstitutional by U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton of U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of California, in Sacramento. He states that the phrase "under God" violates the children's right to be "free from a coercive requirement to affirm God."

January 2009 - Frazier vs. Alexandre - The U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals issues a ruling stating under parents' written request, schools can excuse a student from reciting the pledge regardless of the student's personal beliefs.

March 11, 2010 - Newdon vs. Rio Linda Union School District - Michael Newdon, Sacramento attorney, loses his case to remove the words "under God" from the pledge. Newdon has publically fought to remove "God" from the pledge and U.S. currency. Judge Carlos T. Bea writes, "The pledge is one of allegiance to our republic, not of allegiance to the God or to any religion."

November 12, 2010 - The First U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upholds a lower court ruling that a New Hampshire law requiring schools to recite the pledge is not unconstitutional.

October 5, 2012 - State of Michigan Governor Rick Snyder signs legislation that will give all Michigan students the freedom of reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in class.

May 9, 2014 - The Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts rules that the Pledge of Allegiance does not discriminate against atheists, saying that the words "under God" represent a patriotic, not a religious, exercise.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 09:01:55 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 09:08:21 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
I may rake around the camper seeing how I couldn't get my hands on a rake yesterday.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 09:35:46 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 09:37:16 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
I may rake around the camper seeing how I couldn't get my hands on a rake yesterday.
See, what did I tell you!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 09:46:02 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 09:47:51 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
I may rake around the camper seeing how I couldn't get my hands on a rake yesterday.
See, what did I tell you!
they lock the tools up here and seldom get up and moving before mid afternoon unless the landlady shows up. landlady is on vacation so the staff will probably do less than I do.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 09:49:30 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 09:53:54 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 10:20:23 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on December 28, 2014, 10:30:23 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
poop
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 10:35:56 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
you must have had young'uns visitin.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 10:36:32 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
poop
backing up problems.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 10:41:57 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
Old plumber told me 25 or more years ago for roots run a pound of rock salt through the main line every month for a few months then every 2-3 months for maintenance.  Cheap and worked well.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 10:53:52 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Actually, they were up on the jam while Dean was taking about them.  Way to be perceptive.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 10:54:08 AM
And good morning to all.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:17:51 AM
And good morning to all.
Morning Tony.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:18:21 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Actually, they were up on the jam while Dean was taking about them.  Way to be perceptive.
Jeez now we got a fact checker. :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:21:00 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
LOL Found piles of old pictures and including pix of me drunk in the 70's and early 80's in 4 different countries.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 11:23:58 AM
found a rake, now I need to find some gasoline.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Actually, they were up on the jam while Dean was talking about them.  Way to be perceptive.

I like the Red Dots on an occasional basis, just not at CI's pricing. usually always included in a sampler.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:32:09 AM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
Morning Dean, you win the best banter weather challenge again today.  Do nothing - YOU????
I am cleaning crap out in preparation for retirement!
LOL Found piles of old pictures and including pix of me drunk in the 70's and early 80's in 4 different countries.
Make that 5 different countries.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
found a rake, now I need to find some gasoline.
You and gasoline sounds like a dangerous situation.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 11:38:24 AM
found a rake, now I need to find some gasoline.
You and gasoline sounds like a dangerous situation.
damp leaves need a propellant to get them started. and yes, I've watched the youtube videos of the assholes that catch themselves on fire. besides, I use to be a fireman back in the 70's and 80's. a pretty good one at that.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 11:44:31 AM
found a rake, now I need to find some gasoline.
You and gasoline sounds like a dangerous situation.
damp leaves need a propellant to get them started. and yes, I've watched the youtube videos of the assholes that catch themselves on fire. besides, I use to be a fireman back in the 70's and 80's. a pretty good one at that.
I stand with my earlier statement!  I used to have dark hair and be skinny in the 70's and 80's .
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 12:02:00 PM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Actually, they were up on the jam while Dean was taking about them.  Way to be perceptive.
Jeez now we got a fact checker. :)
Nah.  I just posted something when they popped up on the jam and figured no one read it.  That was just me being passive aggressive.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 12:02:12 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 12:03:44 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 12:04:17 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Dean + Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 12:04:51 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 12:17:49 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...

good for you Tony. hope you enjoy the play.
it's no kind of gift I'd be wanting but who am I?
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 12:18:50 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 12:42:42 PM
Get Your Hands On Them: The World's Most Expensive Golf Clubs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2014/12/27/get-your-hands-on-them-the-worlds-most-expensive-golf-clubs/
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 12:56:16 PM
Get Your Hands On Them: The World's Most Expensive Golf Clubs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2014/12/27/get-your-hands-on-them-the-worlds-most-expensive-golf-clubs/

oh, that's right, most people don't think about playing golf in the winter, just dream about spring coming to play, EXCEPT me.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 12:57:53 PM
Get Your Hands On Them: The World's Most Expensive Golf Clubs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2014/12/27/get-your-hands-on-them-the-worlds-most-expensive-golf-clubs/

oh, that's right, most people don't think about playing golf in the winter, just dream about spring coming to play, EXCEPT me.
It is Sunday so I will not say it today but remind me Tuesday that I owe you a GFY.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2014, 01:10:11 PM
Somebody mentioned the Cohiba Red Dots this week and Holy Cow here they are :o.
Actually, they were up on the jam while Dean was taking about them.  Way to be perceptive.
Jeez now we got a fact checker. :)
Nah.  I just posted something when they popped up on the jam and figured no one read it.  That was just me being passive aggressive.
See....and you think we don't pay attention....
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 28, 2014, 01:12:11 PM
Get Your Hands On Them: The World's Most Expensive Golf Clubs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhennessey/2014/12/27/get-your-hands-on-them-the-worlds-most-expensive-golf-clubs/

oh, that's right, most people don't think about playing golf in the winter, just dream about spring coming to play, EXCEPT me.
It is Sunday so I will not say it today but remind me Tuesday that I owe you a GFY.

no need to wait. I can take it.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:09:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Just thought I'd stop by, make a couple of comments, and then watch a Sunday movie... :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:13:59 PM
good morning Chip (congrats on 7K), Dave(s), Scott, and Tony. EPC 2nd robusto and coffee. 64°, probably hit the mid 70's. may do nothing today.
You, doing nothing ALL day?  Hardly!  Morning Dean.
LMAO. good morning Mike. how are you doing?
Got the sewer drain a drainin'.  Now to put everything back together.  Whata pain in the drain!
I saw you were up to your elbows in crap yesterday. it's always something isn't  it?
Old house, old drain.  Root infiltration and somebody flushed more than crap down the drain.  Came up with a fairly large piece of cloth snagged in a bunch of small roots.  And, yes, shit does flow down hill.
poop
Poop - officially not a bad word per my grandkids vocabulary. Also over used by them as in, "you poop-sicle, and poop-pa."
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:15:15 PM
Congrats on the 7000th post Chip!
Please allow me to also add a, "Congrats," on that too, Chip..!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:25:38 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Short stack on December 28, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:35:41 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Short stack on December 28, 2014, 02:41:16 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 02:48:26 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
We also only received 2 channels.  NBC (ch5) and CBS (Ch4).  I remember we always had a tv, so I would have to say we got it around 1953-54.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 28, 2014, 03:46:58 PM
It's time for me to watch a Saturday Afternoon Western.... bbl.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on December 28, 2014, 03:48:00 PM
It's time for me to watch a Saturday Afternoon Western.... bbl.
BD, It's Sunday!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
LOL that makes me feel young as I was born in 53.  You should be celebrating Shot Stack after that Cock's win!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 05:07:23 PM
[...]
I can remember when we had only 2 in Shreveport Channel 3 ABC and Channel 12 CBS.  Don Owens was the 5:00 local news man everyday for many years on Channel 12 and Al Bolton did the weather.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: Short stack on December 28, 2014, 05:12:50 PM
In 1984, the TV soap opera "The Edge of Night," which first aired on CBS, then on ABC, ended a 28-year run with its final episode. Movie director Sam Peckinpah, 59, died in Inglewood, California.
This is the 2nd tv show in my life that I can remember watching. After waking from a nap, I could see my mom in the next room watching it on tv.  The very 1st tv show that I can remember was Gunsmoke. I'd say I was around 3 years old at the time.
You are lucky when I was three no one had tvs ,We listened to the radio, My favorite radio  program was the Lone Ranger
It's nice to see an older person than me on here... haha.. :)
As well as I can recall We got our first TV in about 1953 and was more snow than picture received a whopping 2  channels
LOL that makes me feel young as I was born in 53.  You should be celebrating Shot Stack after that Cock's win!
/I feel the same way about them as I do the Panthers ,Teams with their records should decline post season play and I am a fan of both went to SC and have season tickets for 20 years for the  Panthers received play off ticket invoice this week for 400.00 bucks that I have to pay because I have PSls,I will pay but don't know if I will go
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 05:17:19 PM
[...]
I am watching the Panthers now.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 05:22:23 PM
[...]
Remember the first TV I saw - big ol' cabinet, little ol' tube, all the curtains drawn.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:25:37 PM
Chit, been a nice 5 days off but got to go back to work in the morning.  At least I only got a 2-1/2 day week.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:26:33 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:27:27 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:30:26 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:31:27 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 28, 2014, 06:38:12 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!
Just so he does not set Dean or Dean's trailer on fire!
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:46:52 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:47:56 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
Dean da fire bug!  Settin' Florida on fiya!
Hiya Mike.  Typical former fireman, pyromaniac.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2014, 06:48:09 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.
That would be the norm for Times Square wouldn't it?
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:49:08 PM
tried smoking a 5 Vegas Cask Strength while raking..................it ended up in the leaf pile.
BK robusto and water going now.
Like I said you and gasoline have a conflict.  Cigar + Leaf Pile + Gasoline = BOOM
the 5 Vegas was crap, I tossed it in the pile.
Charlie and I threw a couple of those away, once upon a time.  They were terrible.
Dean has not reported in for a few hours hope he did not mix his cigar with gasoline.
I'm sure he's fine.  He was sober while setting the fire and that goes a long way.
Title: Re: 12/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2014, 06:50:14 PM
I'm off to use one of my Christmas gifts, tickets to a play in the city.  Ciao for now...
Enjoy yourself!
Thanks, brother.  It was actually a very well acted performance.  Only three actors, an incredible set, and lots of laughs.  Michael Cera from SuperBad was hysterical.  The show was called, "This is our youth".  It was about NYC teenagers in the 80s.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The city was a zoo though.  I really hate crowds.  This theater was in the middle of Times Square and it was wall to wall assholes.  But whatever.
That would be the norm for Times Square wouldn't it?
Yep.  But this was even worse than usual.  Anyhoo, battery on my phone is dying and I'm leaving MIL's.  See yuz.