CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 27, 2014, 12:02:09 AM

Title: 12/27/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on December 27, 2014, 12:02:09 AM
Wonder if there are any cigar deals on the various internet sites that will help us get through the weekend? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a hot toddy and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 12:22:51 AM
I just got home from a full day of babysitting, and I'm beat...  The kids were good thou...  I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays...!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 12:57:13 AM
That's it for me, time for bed.  Good night ...
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: KC on December 27, 2014, 12:57:30 AM
I just got home from a full day of babysitting, and I'm beat...  The kids were good thou...  I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays...!

I'm still babysitting.  Finally got Valentina to go to sleep.  Evening BD!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 27, 2014, 05:49:39 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 06:06:58 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Thanks to the rain, it's been many years since I was tie late crawling out of bed.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 06:07:22 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 27, 2014, 06:37:11 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Chip. Short day for me, off at 8:15, then home to cook some breakfast.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:40:34 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:41:23 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Thanks to the rain, it's been many years since I was tie late crawling out of bed.
Nothing wrong with sleeping in on a rainy day off!  Not raining here but I slept in an extra hour.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:42:35 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Chip. Short day for me, off at 8:15, then home to cook some breakfast.
Sounds like a good plan.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:45:38 AM
What is up with the $3  "Davidoff's", not really "Davidoff's" but claim to be,  on The Joe this morning?    Certainly something different!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 27, 2014, 06:56:01 AM
What is up with the $3  "Davidoff's", not really "Davidoff's" but claim to be,  on The Joe this morning?    Certainly something different!
They were the weekly special a couple weeks back. Might give them a try sometime, just not in the size they have up today.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 06:56:25 AM
Guess Chip missed his alarm. Good for him.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Chip. Short day for me, off at 8:15, then home to cook some breakfast.
Thats a really nice short day! Congrats and enjoy.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 06:57:05 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:58:31 AM
What is up with the $3  "Davidoff's", not really "Davidoff's" but claim to be,  on The Joe this morning?    Certainly something different!
They were the weekly special a couple weeks back. Might give them a try sometime, just not in the size they have up today.
They get very mixed reviews but nothing terrible.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:11:10 AM
64 degrees here now but supposed to be 46 at lunch time, YUK!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 07:15:17 AM
64 degrees here now but supposed to be 46 at lunch time, YUK!
Only 60° here this morning but rain all day for us, the cold won't get to us for a couple of days.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:17:20 AM
64 degrees here now but supposed to be 46 at lunch time, YUK!
Only 60° here this morning but rain all day for us, the cold won't get to us for a couple of days.
Some chance of light rain here but nothing heavy.  Looks like it is going to be  a wet Independance Bowl
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 07:29:35 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:31:46 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Morning Dean.  Definitely not alone today, must be Slacker Saturday for Holiday recovery.  You win the weather contest today though.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 07:33:10 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:36:05 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:38:12 AM
Well, I guess somebody has to weigh in with a temp in the 30's so you all can feel better.  35 here.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:38:17 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean!
Morning T Dave.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:40:40 AM
Well, I guess somebody has to weigh in with a temp in the 30's so you all can feel better.  35 here.
Ahhh, I feel so much better now!  :).  But to make you feel better too it is 2 degrees at CG's house.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 07:46:37 AM
American television actor Dustin Diamond, who played Screech on the 1990s TV show Saved by the Bell, has been charged with stabbing a man during a bar fight at Christmas.
Diamond, 37, faces charges of felony second-degree recklessly endangering safety charge, disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon.

Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 07:50:10 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Morning Dean.  Definitely not alone today, must be Slacker Saturday for Holiday recovery.  You win the weather contest today though.
I'm happy waking up with the 50's, may hit the 70's today. what do I win?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on December 27, 2014, 07:52:54 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dean!
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:53:48 AM
Well, I guess somebody has to weigh in with a temp in the 30's so you all can feel better.  35 here.
Ahhh, I feel so much better now!  :).  But to make you feel better too it is 2 degrees at CG's house.
Yea, but he doesn't know any better.... in fact I think he kinda likes it.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 07:54:04 AM
Cuvee Rouge by Davidoff, really?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:54:48 AM
Banter started with a visit from the Babysitters Club, that was different!   Nice change of pace.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:55:28 AM
Cuvee Rouge by Davidoff, really?
Like Chip said, at least its something a little different.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 07:56:26 AM
Almost quitting time Chip!  Good for you.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:01:12 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Morning Dean.  Definitely not alone today, must be Slacker Saturday for Holiday recovery.  You win the weather contest today though.
I'm happy waking up with the 50's, may hit the 70's today. what do I win?
You win a big fat GFY! :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:02:14 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:09:09 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Morning Dean.  Definitely not alone today, must be Slacker Saturday for Holiday recovery.  You win the weather contest today though.
I'm happy waking up with the 50's, may hit the 70's today. what do I win?
You win a big fat GFY! :)
thank you!
:)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 27, 2014, 08:09:23 AM
Almost quitting time Chip!  Good for you.
Quittin' time here. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:11:42 AM
Almost quitting time Chip!  Good for you.
Quittin' time here. Hazzuh!
Enjoy your breakfast!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:12:16 AM
good morning. glad to see I'm not the only slacker here.
Morning Dean.  Definitely not alone today, must be Slacker Saturday for Holiday recovery.  You win the weather contest today though.
I'm happy waking up with the 50's, may hit the 70's today. what do I win?
You win a big fat GFY! :)
thank you!
:)
Anytime  :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:14:06 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:15:45 AM
Almost quitting time Chip!  Good for you.
Quittin' time here. Hazzuh!
that was quick. later Dave.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 08:15:50 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Hope you have a backup.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:15:52 AM
Cuvee Rouge by Davidoff, really?
Like Chip said, at least its something a little different.
You ever tried one Dave?  They are tempting to try for me.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 08:17:23 AM
Almost quitting time Chip!  Good for you.
Quittin' time here. Hazzuh!
Good deal, on to more important things.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 08:18:04 AM
Cuvee Rouge by Davidoff, really?
Like Chip said, at least its something a little different.
You ever tried one Dave?  They are tempting to try for me.
Nope, new one on me.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:19:25 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
definitely not dry, just did humi maintenance last week and the humidity is up around 72% which I'm trying to get down a bit. outside humidity is around 94%.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:20:53 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
definitely not dry, just did humi maintenance last week and the humidity is up around 72% which I'm trying to get down a bit. outside humidity is around 94%.
Sounds like just a bad apple maybe.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:21:03 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Hope you have a backup.
oh yes. humidors are full, and got quite a few cigars in baggies and boxes besides.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:26:42 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
definitely not dry, just did humi maintenance last week and the humidity is up around 72% which I'm trying to get down a bit. outside humidity is around 94%.
Sounds like just a bad apple maybe.
very delicate wrapper it seems.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 08:41:38 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
definitely not dry, just did humi maintenance last week and the humidity is up around 72% which I'm trying to get down a bit. outside humidity is around 94%.
Sounds like just a bad apple maybe.
very delicate wrapper it seems.
Was it included in one of those mixed breed sampler deals?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 08:57:34 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia robusto and coffee. the cap split when I clipped it and the wrapper is starting to unravel. shit.
:(
Must be a bit dry, a great cigar and I don't ever remember a construction issue with any SC.  One of my favorite brands.
definitely not dry, just did humi maintenance last week and the humidity is up around 72% which I'm trying to get down a bit. outside humidity is around 94%.
Sounds like just a bad apple maybe.
very delicate wrapper it seems.
Was it included in one of those mixed breed sampler deals?
nope, bought a couple of 5 packs. nice cigar though. may just needs to rest some more.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on December 27, 2014, 09:06:52 AM
guess it's about time I went to find a rake and start cleaning up the debris around the camper from the last few days. ha, raking leaves in the winter. different.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 09:09:28 AM
guess it's about time I went to find a rake and start cleaning up the debris around the camper from the last few days. ha, raking leaves in the winter. different.
Enjoy!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 09:10:20 AM
Down to 50 here now with a 20 mph north wind!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on December 27, 2014, 09:20:35 AM
Good mornin gents!
(Post 1/6)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on December 27, 2014, 09:30:34 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 09:36:39 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on December 27, 2014, 09:54:09 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on December 27, 2014, 09:54:36 AM
Well, only 4 posts today - off to go rub some ribs and get them on the big green egg.  Have a good Saturday all!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
Well, only 4 posts today - off to go rub some ribs and get them on the big green egg.  Have a good Saturday all!
Rub away CG.  Have a good one.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:18:22 AM
It's the end of the world as we know it...  Chip sleeps in and no history posts from him, LTG is hazzuhing 6 hours earlier than usual, Shaun only posts 4...  WTF?  At least there still are a couple of Daves about and Dean is cleaning up around camp as expected.  Good morning, gentlemen.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:21:20 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 10:23:51 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 27, 2014, 10:24:19 AM
Morning Mayor Antnee and Fishy.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:24:35 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
Sounds like a good time to go light fire to tobacco
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:25:01 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:26:37 AM
Morning Mayor Antnee and Fishy.
Howdy Dave.  You still have houseguests?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:26:51 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:29:36 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:34:55 AM
It's the end of the world as we know it...  Chip sleeps in and no history posts from him, LTG is hazzuhing 6 hours earlier than usual, Shaun only posts 4...  WTF?  At least there still are a couple of Daves about and Dean is cleaning up around camp as expected.  Good morning, gentlemen.
Morning Tony, it is the first official Slacker Saturday.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:35:38 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:36:47 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:36:59 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Is that the BIL that is really a girl?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:37:50 AM
It's the end of the world as we know it...  Chip sleeps in and no history posts from him, LTG is hazzuhing 6 hours earlier than usual, Shaun only posts 4...  WTF?  At least there still are a couple of Daves about and Dean is cleaning up around camp as expected.  Good morning, gentlemen.
Morning Tony, it is the first official Slacker Saturday.
Nothing wrong with that.  We need those from time to time.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:45:29 AM
I just wanted to throw out my two cents with regard to today's joecigar deal... I smoked it years ago and it was like smoking air.  They used to give these out at CigarFest.  They are essentially Cusano smokes which was later purchased by Davidoff.  I guess what I'm saying is, keep your expectations low.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:46:00 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.
Fish may be reading the indoor temperature :). Only 44 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high was at 5:30 this morning.  Scattered rain around too, not an Austinacious Day as the chamber of commerce calls everything
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 10:46:15 AM
Good morning everyone...
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:47:26 AM
I just wanted to throw out my two cents with regard to today's joecigar deal... I smoked it years ago and it was like smoking air.  They used to give these out at CigarFest.  They are essentially Cusano smokes which was later purchased by Davidoff.  I guess what I'm saying is, keep your expectations low.
Thanks for sharing the experience, I will go one step further and keep my $ in my pocket.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:48:03 AM
Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:48:26 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.
Fish may be reading the indoor temperature :). Only 44 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high was at 5:30 this morning.  Scattered rain around too, not an Austinacious Day as the chamber of commerce calls everything
I was about to look up "Austinacious".  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:49:51 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 10:50:14 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
I understand CB... I have to do the same for my wife, except it was making her breakfast this morning.  I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds since she sleeps all day and works all night.  It's almost like being single... :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:50:48 AM
Good morning everyone...
Good morning, BD.  What were you doing babysitting so late last night?  Were the kids on a date?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Is that the BIL that is really a girl?
Haha, no. That sissy was a friend of my BIL
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:51:52 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?
LMFAO - good call
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 10:52:09 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Is that the BIL that is really a girl?
Haha, no. That sissy was a friend of my BIL
Oh, OK
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:53:38 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.
Fish may be reading the indoor temperature :). Only 44 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high was at 5:30 this morning.  Scattered rain around too, not an Austinacious Day as the chamber of commerce calls everything
Not a cloud in the sky here and temps will hit 55 around 2PM but you can already feel it warming and can tell it will be a nice day
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Hello TR....  I think I'm going back to bed after I get the dishes done.  The kids just zap the energy out of me.  By the way, the photo of the granddaughter sticking stickers on you was great.  My wife thought it was funny too.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:54:20 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?
I was thinking the same.  But about half way through the cigar, I began eating something and enjoyed the cigar so much more.  It reminded me a little of the La Antiguedad.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:54:56 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
I understand CB... I have to do the same for my wife, except it was making her breakfast this morning.  I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds since she sleeps all day and works all night.  It's almost like being single... :)
Who's CB?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?
I was thinking the same.  But about half way through the cigar, I began eating something and enjoyed the cigar so much more.  It reminded me a little of the La Antiguedad.
I agree about the overall comparison to the La Antiquedad, similar strength
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:58:12 AM
Ok ladies, speaking of feeding, I'm gonna go find something to fill my belly. GFY in advance, Scott.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:59:49 AM
Ok ladies, speaking of feeding, I'm gonna go find something to fill my belly. GFY in advance, Scott.
I'll alert your local Dunkin Donuts to boost production!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 11:05:25 AM
Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Hello TR....  I think I'm going back to bed after I get the dishes done.  The kids just zap the energy out of me.  By the way, the photo of the granddaughter sticking stickers on you was great.  My wife thought it was funny too.
Except it was just a stock photo not me or my granddaughter which I don't have one of. :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 11:11:24 AM
Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
I understand CB... I have to do the same for my wife, except it was making her breakfast this morning.  I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds since she sleeps all day and works all night.  It's almost like being single... :)
Who's CB?
Sorry, tyop.... CG.. :)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 11:17:03 AM
Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Hello TR....  I think I'm going back to bed after I get the dishes done.  The kids just zap the energy out of me.  By the way, the photo of the granddaughter sticking stickers on you was great.  My wife thought it was funny too.
Except it was just a stock photo not me or my granddaughter which I don't have one of. :)
It was cute anyway..  I've been temped of posting photos of my grandkids on here, but after seeing an article about Face Recognition Software Companies scanning the internet (Facebook, ect..), for names and faces for their software, I don't do it.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 11:21:13 AM
The kids got a toy parakeet for Christmas that repeats 10 seconds of what ever you say to it.  That was my favorite toy.  I may have to get one for myself.  We made it sound like Woody WoodPecker, and also put the fart gun up to it to make it sound like it was farting.  Lots of 3 to 5 year old fun..!!!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 11:24:43 AM
Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Hello TR....  I think I'm going back to bed after I get the dishes done.  The kids just zap the energy out of me.  By the way, the photo of the granddaughter sticking stickers on you was great.  My wife thought it was funny too.
Except it was just a stock photo not me or my granddaughter which I don't have one of. :)
It was cute anyway..  I've been temped of posting photos of my grandkids on here, but after seeing an article about Face Recognition Software Companies scanning the internet (Facebook, ect..), for names and faces for their software, I don't do it.
Definitely do not want to do that on any publicly accessible web site!!!
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on December 27, 2014, 12:09:16 PM
I didn't get much sleep last night, so I think I'll take a nap, and maybe a cigar a little later.  bbl.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 12:15:20 PM
Well shit, it looks like all the paranoia has broken the site.  It's not like the guys on this site will draw cocks on the photos.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 12:16:31 PM
Ok ladies, speaking of feeding, I'm gonna go find something to fill my belly. GFY in advance, Scott.
I'll alert your local Dunkin Donuts to boost production!
Much appreciated.  I'd been dying to taste that croissant doughnut.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 02:24:38 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 02:42:31 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 02:50:27 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Well, the wife did pretty well - she got me a new Stetson, which I love. But yeah.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Well, the wife did pretty well - she got me a new Stetson, which I love. But yeah.
Nothing like a Stetson.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 03:30:28 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Well, the wife did pretty well - she got me a new Stetson, which I love. But yeah.
Is that Stetson cologne? So that you can smell purdy while smoking your seegars?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 03:33:22 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Well, the wife did pretty well - she got me a new Stetson, which I love. But yeah.
Nothing like a Stetson.
No, sir.  Except for maybe a good pair of boots when you get 'em broke in.

That will be my reward for finally getting through this leg injury...a new pair of boots.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 03:46:52 PM
Late Christmas presents to myself.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/27/bb267f4af26a6ff1bf566c5a7909aa0e.jpg)
Merry Christmas to self!  Best way to make sure you get what you want.
Well, the wife did pretty well - she got me a new Stetson, which I love. But yeah.
Is that Stetson cologne? So that you can smell purdy while smoking your seegars?
Cologne? Men don't wear cologne unless they're Italian.  Oh, wait...
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
Sheesh, we are going to struggle for 10 on the first Slacker Saturday.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 04:33:49 PM
Sheesh, we are going to struggle for 10 on the first Slacker Saturday.
-- I was beginning to wonder myself.  We may have to get drastic here.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 04:39:59 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 04:41:35 PM
Sheesh, we are going to struggle for 10 on the first Slacker Saturday.
-- I was beginning to wonder myself.  We may have to get drastic here.
We may have to post Chip's facts to make 10.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 04:42:22 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 04:54:50 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 04:58:03 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
Huh?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: cigarbreath on December 27, 2014, 04:59:03 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
You're just picky, I mean you have such discerning tastes.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
None at all.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 04:59:34 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
It did.  Not that I actually stepped outdoors today.  We're gonna have an early dinner now and perhaps we'll do something about this cabin fever afterwards.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 04:59:51 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
Huh?
Did it warm up to 55 degrees as you predicted?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 05:06:32 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
You're just picky, I mean you have such discerning tastes.
Yeah, thanks to you troublemakers.  I was perfectly content believing ad-copy, thinking that every e-mail from CI contained special secret deals just for me, and believing that Gurkhas must be great because there are so many of them.  But noooooo.  I had to start hanging out with you clowns.  Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
It did.  Not that I actually stepped outdoors today.  We're gonna have an early dinner now and perhaps we'll do something about this cabin fever afterwards.
We went out for Chinese food at lunch.  Wet and cold here.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 05:11:38 PM
Started with a Tattoo robusto today and thought it was very solid, really enjoyed it. Now having a 4 kicks Robusto which is excellent
Did it make 55 out?
Huh?
Did it warm up to 55 degrees as you predicted?
Oh sorry didn't figure that out. Yes it did, got the kids out for a couple hours and still smoking cigars by the fire
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 06:01:16 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
You're just picky, I mean you have such discerning tastes.
Yeah, thanks to you troublemakers.  I was perfectly content believing ad-copy, thinking that every e-mail from CI contained special secret deals just for me, and believing that Gurkhas must be great because there are so many of them.  But noooooo.  I had to start hanging out with you clowns.  Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Because reading the cigar catalog gives you a hard on?  I'm thoroughly confounded.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 06:10:18 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
You're just picky, I mean you have such discerning tastes.
Yeah, thanks to you troublemakers.  I was perfectly content believing ad-copy, thinking that every e-mail from CI contained special secret deals just for me, and believing that Gurkhas must be great because there are so many of them.  But noooooo.  I had to start hanging out with you clowns.  Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Because reading the cigar catalog gives you a hard on?  I'm thoroughly confounded.
-- Yes.  Well, maybe not a hard-on, it was a lot more fun to look at catalogs before I knew they contained no deals.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:24:28 PM
Man, there are just no remotely tempting cigar deals out there...least not that I can find.
You're just picky, I mean you have such discerning tastes.
Yeah, thanks to you troublemakers.  I was perfectly content believing ad-copy, thinking that every e-mail from CI contained special secret deals just for me, and believing that Gurkhas must be great because there are so many of them.  But noooooo.  I had to start hanging out with you clowns.  Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill?
Because reading the cigar catalog gives you a hard on?  I'm thoroughly confounded.
-- Yes.  Well, maybe not a hard-on, it was a lot more fun to look at catalogs before I knew they contained no deals.
Banter is just the new interactive catalog
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: razgueado on December 27, 2014, 06:28:14 PM
Gotta check out to go drink and herf. Catch y'all later.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 27, 2014, 06:32:34 PM
Gotta check out to go drink and herf. Catch y'all later.
Enjoy
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 08:25:30 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 09:26:04 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
I've only had the robusto but definitely a cigar that needs to be in the rotation
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 09:31:22 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
I've only had the robusto but definitely a cigar that needs to be in the rotation
A guy I work with turned me on to 'em.  He's a bigger fan of the Headley Grange.  Are they all made in the EPC factory?
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 09:39:08 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
I've only had the robusto but definitely a cigar that needs to be in the rotation
A guy I work with turned me on to 'em.  He's a bigger fan of the Headley Grange.  Are they all made in the EPC factory?
It looks like just the Four Kicks is rolled by EPC.  No matter though.  The former CAO guy seems to know what he's doing.
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: sfish on December 27, 2014, 10:18:22 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
I've only had the robusto but definitely a cigar that needs to be in the rotation
A guy I work with turned me on to 'em.  He's a bigger fan of the Headley Grange.  Are they all made in the EPC factory?
It looks like just the Four Kicks is rolled by EPC.  No matter though.  The former CAO guy seems to know what he's doing.
From the limited sampling of the Headley Grange I've had I prefer them over the 4 kicks but need to try more
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 10:58:13 PM
4 Kicks are good, just sayin. Especially with a little down time
I've only had a couple of them but I definitely like them.
I've only had the robusto but definitely a cigar that needs to be in the rotation
A guy I work with turned me on to 'em.  He's a bigger fan of the Headley Grange.  Are they all made in the EPC factory?
It looks like just the Four Kicks is rolled by EPC.  No matter though.  The former CAO guy seems to know what he's doing.
From the limited sampling of the Headley Grange I've had I prefer them over the 4 kicks but need to try more
I need too make a more concerted effort in 2015 to smoke more.  ;)
Title: Re: 12/27/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 27, 2014, 11:07:53 PM
The guys at PipesandCigars are certainly on the ball.  Here's an excerpt from an email I received from them today... "Well, we've entered 'the Final Countdown' to Christmas. Before you know it Christmas is going to be here. It's amazing how much faster this month goes as you start to get older."