CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 4/24/2023  (Read 1180 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 4/24/2023
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023, 08:42:49 AM »

Morning, boyos. Happy Dean Day.
Here we are again.
That's the...spirit?

The good news is that there is a paycheck at the end of this week.
That is very good news. Hope it's for the right number of days this time. Did they get that one sorted out?
Nope, still working on that. I'm really hoping it isn't going to become a legal matter.
Sheesh!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »

Looking at clear and highs in the low 60s all week. Walking up to 40s seems cold to me but I guess it's normal.
Must be nice. We've got 40s and 50s all week, until Saturday when we get 60, but rain comes with it. Bullshit.
And rain sprinkled throughout during the week, including some misting that was just starting up now when I took a few more things out to the bin.
Went back and looked again. Turns out we've got on and off rain here too this week, including some today. I saw something different earlier without my glasses.

It's probably needed for the May flowers and all.

Definitely seems to be helping the grass. I put down some weed killer/fertilizer early last week, and it's been cool and rainy ever since. Grass is looking very lush.
My grass still looks like shit but I haven't put anything down either. Trying to decide what to do about that.
The back doesn't look as good, but it never does. The front is looking better now after the winter. And I think I got the groundhog that was digging under my front walk to move on.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2023, 08:46:28 AM »

Here we are again.
That's the...spirit?

That is very good news. Hope it's for the right number of days this time. Did they get that one sorted out?
Nope, still working on that. I'm really hoping it isn't going to become a legal matter.
Sheesh!
I don't think they're purposely trying to screw me. The agency I'm dealing with is based in Texas and don't seen to be familiar with NJ labor laws. I'm more pissed that they just seem to be sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Or perhaps they're just counting on me not having the time to pursue this. Maybe they are just trying to screw me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »

Looking at clear and highs in the low 60s all week. Walking up to 40s seems cold to me but I guess it's normal.
Must be nice. We've got 40s and 50s all week, until Saturday when we get 60, but rain comes with it. Bullshit.
And rain sprinkled throughout during the week, including some misting that was just starting up now when I took a few more things out to the bin.
Went back and looked again. Turns out we've got on and off rain here too this week, including some today. I saw something different earlier without my glasses.

Definitely seems to be helping the grass. I put down some weed killer/fertilizer early last week, and it's been cool and rainy ever since. Grass is looking very lush.
My grass still looks like shit but I haven't put anything down either. Trying to decide what to do about that.
The back doesn't look as good, but it never does. The front is looking better now after the winter. And I think I got the groundhog that was digging under my front walk to move on.
You put out a no loitering sign?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 08:56:55 AM »

Here we are again.
That's the...spirit?

Sheesh!
I don't think they're purposely trying to screw me. The agency I'm dealing with is based in Texas and don't seen to be familiar with NJ labor laws. I'm more pissed that they just seem to be sweeping the whole thing under the rug. Or perhaps they're just counting on me not having the time to pursue this. Maybe they are just trying to screw me.
Definitely sounds like they're hoping the runaround will be too much for you and you'll give up.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »

I put down some instant coffee crystals and garlic powder. I found that solution online, and it seems to have worked. Both for him and for the chipmunk under the back patio grass. They don't like the smell and it makes them move on, supposedly.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 09:24:50 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 09:25:15 AM »

Wordle 674 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 09:28:22 AM »

I put down some instant coffee crystals and garlic powder. I found that solution online, and it seems to have worked. Both for him and for the chipmunk under the back patio grass. They don't like the smell and it makes them move on, supposedly.
I had previously tried red pepper flakes and that worked pretty well also... Until it rained.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 09:42:04 AM »

I had previously tried red pepper flakes and that worked pretty well also... Until it rained.
Well, it rained over the weekend, so we'll see if that has any effect.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2023, 09:42:16 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2023, 09:51:36 AM »

Astroturf!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »

Good Dean day to you Tony, Dave and P2Raz.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2023, 09:54:28 AM »

Astroturf!
Haven't you heard, it has a much higher rate of non-contact injuries than natural grass.

Morning, AstroDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2023, 10:15:14 AM »

Apparently the two marketing einsteins that thought it was a good idea to have a rainbow promotion and a trans spokesperson for MAGA beer (AKA Bud Lite) have been placed on leave. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bud-light-makes-decision-on-executives-who-oversaw-controversial-promotion/ar-AA1aewJT?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b0569e6aa0b04739a5794ffe6e010a14&ei=32
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4