CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 11/15/2019  (Read 5034 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/15/2019
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »

Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
I would be, especially since Rudolph did kinda start it on the ground there. Plus, no one wants to be "that guy" in the locker room, the one who filed charges cause he got hit with his own damn helmet. Hell, someone did this same thing a few years ago, and only got a 2 game suspension, I believe. I guess connecting with the head is infinitely worse than missing it?
Yea, Rudolph did add his part after the late hit.  Will probably be fined.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »

Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, both teams fined 250,000, personal fines to come later.
Pouncey suspended 3 games as well for trying to go all American History X on Garrett's head.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 01:52:32 PM »

Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
I would be, especially since Rudolph did kinda start it on the ground there. Plus, no one wants to be "that guy" in the locker room, the one who filed charges cause he got hit with his own damn helmet. Hell, someone did this same thing a few years ago, and only got a 2 game suspension, I believe. I guess connecting with the head is infinitely worse than missing it?
I wasn't aware of that. Thought this was a first.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 01:54:04 PM »

Thursday night football isn't usually this exciting.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »

I wasn't aware of that. Thought this was a first.
It was a Dolphins/Texans game 6 years ago. Back then, the coach had to submit it to the league office for review. Times they are a-changin'.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/19/4638074/antonio-smith-video-richie-incognito-helmet-hit

EDIT: And for this, he was suspended 2 preseason games and week 1.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »

The NFL has to be secretly pleased so many people are talking about the game, right? Is it too late to flex the Browns/Stillers rematch on 12/1 to primetime? :D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 02:06:19 PM »

The NFL has to be secretly pleased so many people are talking about the game, right? Is it too late to flex the Browns/Stillers rematch on 12/1 to primetime? :D
It's already a 4 pm game, but this has SNF written all over it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 02:17:27 PM »

Hazzuh!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »

Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »

Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...
Yowza. Did he throw in an 8-track player?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »

Howdy, Flip. How are you feeling these days?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »

It's all a ratings ploy...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2019, 04:00:34 PM »

I gave away a pair of towers, bookshelf and center Infininity speakers prior to the move.  They were great speakers!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »

Howdy, Flip. How are you feeling these days?
great, actually, the warden even let me out last week for karaoke...
next week is the last week of physical therapy.  I am doing much better.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »

I gave away a pair of towers, bookshelf and center Infininity speakers prior to the move.  They were great speakers!
back in the day, I couldn't afford them (and stay married!).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5