Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

  • Administrator
7/18/2018
« on: July 18, 2018, 12:00:59 AM »

Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:22:12 AM »

Hump day!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:04:39 AM »

We're humping again?

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:06:35 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 06:11:16 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.
Man, what in the world is going on there? Was she already missing 60% of her foot and he just never mentioned it, or is it just too early for me today?

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 06:21:15 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.
Man, what in the world is going on there? Was she already missing 60% of her foot and he just never mentioned it, or is it just too early for me today?
I hope she's OK. That's some serious shit right there.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:18 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.
Man, what in the world is going on there? Was she already missing 60% of her foot and he just never mentioned it, or is it just too early for me today?
I hope she's OK. That's some serious shit right there.
Yeah, that did not look good.  How in the world did that happen?

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 06:32:09 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.
Good thing Dean is always there to the rescue.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 06:33:16 AM »

Terrible segue, but did you see Dean's last couple of posts from yesterday? Holy crap.
Man, what in the world is going on there? Was she already missing 60% of her foot and he just never mentioned it, or is it just too early for me today?
I hope she's OK. That's some serious shit right there.
Yeah, that did not look good.  How in the world did that happen?
Maybe we'll get that in an update report today.  My guess would be trying to rescue a possum that the rattler had it's eyes on for dinner.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 06:33:41 AM »

Good morning Dave & Mr Mayor.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 06:36:07 AM »

Morning Dave, Tony and Mr. Bean.

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:15 AM »

I'm sure no smoking outside for you yesterday evening Mr. Bean.  Hope you took a trip to O'Shea's to weather the storm.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 06:38:45 AM »

Today is Wednesday, July 18, the 199th day of 2018. There are 166 days left in the year.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 18, 1940, the Democratic National Convention at Chicago Stadium nominated President Franklin D. Roosevelt (who was monitoring the proceedings at the White House) for an unprecedented third term in office; earlier in the day, Eleanor Roosevelt spoke to the convention, becoming the first presidential spouse to address such a gathering.
On this date:
In A.D. 64, the Great Fire of Rome began, consuming most of the city for about a week. (Some blamed the fire on Emperor Nero, who in turn blamed Christians.)
In 1536, the English Parliament passed an act declaring the authority of the pope void in England.
In 1817, English novelist Jane Austen died in Winchester at age 41.
In 1863, during the Civil War, Union troops spearheaded by the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, made up of black soldiers, charged Confederate-held Fort Wagner on Morris Island, S.C. The Confederates were able to repel the Northerners, who suffered heavy losses; the 54th’s commander, Col. Robert Gould Shaw, was among those who were killed.
In 1918, South African anti-apartheid leader and president Nelson Mandela was born in the village of Mvezo.
In 1932, the United States and Canada signed a treaty to develop the St. Lawrence Seaway.
In 1944, Hideki Tojo was removed as Japanese premier and war minister because of setbacks suffered by his country in World War II. American forces in France captured the Normandy town of St. Lo.
In 1947, President Harry S. Truman signed a Presidential Succession Act which placed the speaker of the House and the Senate president pro tempore next in the line of succession after the vice president.
In 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Soviet Premier Nikolai Bulganin, British Prime Minister Anthony Eden and French Premier Edgar Faure held a summit in Geneva.
In 1969, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., left a party on Chappaquiddick Island near Martha’s Vineyard with Mary Jo Kopechne (koh-PEHK’-nee), 28; some time later, Kennedy’s car went off a bridge into the water. Kennedy was able to escape, but Kopechne drowned.
In 1984, gunman James Huberty opened fire at a McDonald’s fast food restaurant in San Ysidro (ee-SEE’-droh), California, killing 21 people before being shot dead by police. Walter F. Mondale won the Democratic presidential nomination in San Francisco.
In 1994, a bomb hidden in a van destroyed a Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, killing 85. Tutsi rebels declared an end to Rwanda’s 14-week-old civil war.

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 06:39:35 AM »

Ten years ago: One of the world’s largest mobile cranes collapsed at a refinery in southeast Houston, killing four people and injuring seven others. Two French humanitarian aid workers were kidnapped in Afghanistan’s Day Kundi province. (They were released about two weeks later.) The epic Batman sequel “The Dark Knight,” starring Christian Bale as the caped crusader and Heath Ledger as the Joker, premiered.

Five years ago: Once the very symbol of American industrial might, Detroit became the biggest U.S. city to file for bankruptcy, its finances ravaged and its neighborhoods hollowed out by a long, slow decline in population and auto manufacturing.

One year ago: President Donald Trump declared that it was time to “let Obamacare fail” after the latest Republican effort to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care law was blocked in the Senate. President Donald Trump announced that he would nominate former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman to be U.S. ambassador to Russia. The Trump administration slapped new sanctions on 18 Iranian individuals, groups and networks, a day after certifying to Congress that Iran was technically complying with the nuclear deal and could continue enjoying nuclear sanctions relief.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 06:41:51 AM »

I'm sure no smoking outside for you yesterday evening Mr. Bean.  Hope you took a trip to O'Shea's to weather the storm.
Did not.  Worked and went to bed early.  I need you here to rescue me from myself.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8