CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 7/11/2018  (Read 8226 times)

Threebean

Re: 7/11/2018
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 09:13:16 AM »

Morning Dean and Dave. Got to take a road trip this morning, so history and birthdays will be delayed until about noon.
good morning Dave.
at least post the Thought of the Day, not the Thought of the Afternoon.
Really, now I don't know what to think.
Morning Bean, I got a past due bill with a $15 late charge for a $1.43 toll charge on 183A.  What a fuct up operation that toll operator is!

The toll charge was made on April 4, 2018 and the first bill I have gotten was the late charge bill yesterday.

OK, that is all nice except the car has not been driven in Texas since late September of 2017 and it has never been driven on 183A.

I am sure this Fuk-up will be a real pleasure to fix.
You're better off paying the $15.

Edit: Although if only 5-20 minutes on the phone, as Bean suggested, then I guess it's worth a shot. I've spent HOURS on the phone with EZPass and it just wasn't worth my time.
Then The Man wins. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »

Morning Dean and Dave. Got to take a road trip this morning, so history and birthdays will be delayed until about noon.
good morning Dave.
Morning Bean, I got a past due bill with a $15 late charge for a $1.43 toll charge on 183A.  What a fuct up operation that toll operator is!

The toll charge was made on April 4, 2018 and the first bill I have gotten was the late charge bill yesterday.

OK, that is all nice except the car has not been driven in Texas since late September of 2017 and it has never been driven on 183A.

Edit: Although if only 5-20 minutes on the phone, as Bean suggested, then I guess it's worth a shot. I've spent HOURS on the phone with EZPass and it just wasn't worth my time.
Then The Man wins. 

Absolutely!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »

good morning Tony and Dave.
Morning Dean, got the bill from the outpatient surgery center yesterday (only for one eye and does not include the doctors bill), laughable as always with medical bills.

Procedure took 10 minutes and I was actually in the care facility for about 30 minutes.

Asking price was almost $10,000, total paid by insurance was a little under $3000 and my out of pocket was $100. 

WTF sense is there in sending $10k bills knowing they are only eligible to collect $3k has always been a total mystery to me.
Sounds like you've got some great insurance. I'm constantly paying out of pocket and my premiums are through the roof. I would need an incurable disease in order to make out on the deal. Lose/lose situation.
Sounds like you got the CommieCare you voted for.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »

good morning Dave.

is it a camera system at those toll booths?
Yes but the problem is in their computer system and the morons operating it. 

They incorrectly billed over $2 million in bogus toll charges and penalties last year.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

Morning Dean, got the bill from the outpatient surgery center yesterday (only for one eye and does not include the doctors bill), laughable as always with medical bills.

Procedure took 10 minutes and I was actually in the care facility for about 30 minutes.

Asking price was almost $10,000, total paid by insurance was a little under $3000 and my out of pocket was $100. 

WTF sense is there in sending $10k bills knowing they are only eligible to collect $3k has always been a total mystery to me.
Sounds like you've got some great insurance. I'm constantly paying out of pocket and my premiums are through the roof. I would need an incurable disease in order to make out on the deal. Lose/lose situation.
Don't worry, your rates are bound to go down next year, once medical insurance is great again.
You lost so GFY.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 09:37:03 AM »

Don't worry, your rates are bound to go down next year, once medical insurance is great again.
You lost so GFY.

Also, you pissed and moaned for 8 years, so GFY.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 09:39:17 AM »

good morning Dave.

Then The Man wins. 

Absolutely!
At least they are working on the problem, note the date n this news headline  ::)

TxDOT: Toll Billing Problems Being Addressed

Officials with the Texas Department of Transportation and Xerox, the company handling the state's tolling operations, said Thursday that fixes to customer service and billing issues were in the works.

BY AMAN BATHEJA JAN. 29, 2015 2 PM

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »

If anyone has been looking for a $250 box of MoWs, today is your lucky day.
I bought 3. Good morning, LTG.
Funniest thing is I bought these Coronas on June 12 at CI

Man O' War Armada Corona Pack of 20MWF-PM-1008$79.99

Edit:  OMG Tony really did buy them, only 1 box remaining now :o
No, he really didn't.
I knew you've been holding out on us.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »

You lost so GFY.

Call Bernie, maybe he will give a shit about it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »

Another toll story

AUSTIN (KXAN) - As thousands of customers with TxTag accounts try to understand what it means for their outstanding toll bills after the Texas Department of Transportation announced Wednesday it's dropping $1.3 billion in late fees, the agency's customer service is quickly answering people's questions.

Living in Round Rock, Thomas Hunt takes the SH 130 toll two or three times a week. In the summer of 2016 he says TxDOT didn't send him bills for two months, putting him behind. When bills finally came in August, they wanted more than $10,000 total.

"I went down to pay and they said, 'well, you knew you took the toll, you should have just paid the bill.' I said 'I didn't get a bill!' They said 'that's not our fault,'" Hunt said.

He hasn't paid the fees since.

"They said you have to pay it all... so I left," said Hunt.

Now, his late fees, like more than two million others, have been waived. For those who have outstanding fees, you won't get a separate notification from TxDOT.

"Fees will not appear on mailed statements, and the fee will be dismissed on our online system in the coming weeks," spokesperson for TxDOT Veronica Beyer, wrote KXAN. "Customers will receive a message at the top of their statement once the fees have been dismissed."

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »

You lost so GFY.

Touché?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 10:07:19 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 10:14:41 AM »

Sounds like you got the CommieCare you voted for.

I wish. CommieCare wouldn't cost me $22K/year for not covering anything.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »

You lost so GFY.

Touché?
Suddenly, all's right with the world. SCarFish and Golf are talkin' politics. Woo hoo!

Now if we could just get a decent deal on cigars, it'd be like old times. Might be time for me to buy another gun.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 10:21:25 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello there, Bret. The more things change, the more they stay the same. AmIRight?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8