Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2018, 03:55:26 PM »

Today’s Highlight in History:
 On July 11, 1804, Vice President Aaron Burr mortally wounded former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton during a pistol duel in Weehawken, New Jersey. (Hamilton died the next day.)

I think we should bring dueling back.

 On this date:
 In 1977, the Presidential Medal of Freedom was presented to polio vaccine pioneer Dr. Jonas Salk...

And no mention of Henrietta Lacks.
I'm going to lunch. Talk amongst yourselves.
I can think of 2 reasons why the black woman is rarely mentioned.
But to put things in context, tissue removed from most patients was regularly used in research (unless you asked to take it home in a doggie bag... ::) )  It just happened that her cells performed amazingly in vitro.  There was never a consideration initially for commercial application.
All of which, while mostly true, is not the reason why she is not a household name.
I would say with the book and the Oprah movie, she IS pretty much a household name.
Not in my household

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »

[...]

You don't know who Oprah is?

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.
And with all that fine scenery that will just wonder who that worldly gentleman is who passed them smoking a cigar!   :o

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

[...]

Yes but her name is not used in my household

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.
And with all that fine scenery that will just wonder who that worldly gentleman is who passed them smoking a cigar!   :o
Way too damn hot to smoke here this afternoon but I did have one of those MOW Armada Coronas this morning.  Very good smoke too.

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.
And with all that fine scenery that will just wonder who that worldly gentleman is who passed them smoking a cigar!   :o
Way too damn hot to smoke here this afternoon but I did have one of those MOW Armada Coronas this morning.  Very good smoke too.
they used to be very hard to get, only came in an oddball sampler.

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.
And with all that fine scenery that will just wonder who that worldly gentleman is who passed them smoking a cigar!   :o
Way too damn hot to smoke here this afternoon but I did have one of those MOW Armada Coronas this morning.  Very good smoke too.
they used to be very hard to get, only came in an oddball sampler.
Apparently they are still somewhat randomly made and not often found.  Could kick my arse for not buying more at that deal.

« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2018, 05:09:43 PM »

Took my cue from BostonDave and sparked a DPG Blue in the work man cave.
Wish I had one with me. I'm sure I have something worth smoking. I'll keep you posted.
And with all that fine scenery that will just wonder who that worldly gentleman is who passed them smoking a cigar!   :o
Way too damn hot to smoke here this afternoon but I did have one of those MOW Armada Coronas this morning.  Very good smoke too.
they used to be very hard to get, only came in an oddball sampler.
Along with the very nice MOW Maduro (red foot band)

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2018, 06:08:57 PM »

Decided on a Hoyo by AJ Fernandez for my commute smoke.

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »

Time to head out myself.

« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2018, 06:39:35 PM »

Decided on a Hoyo by AJ Fernandez for my commute smoke.
2nd one of these I've smoked. I still like it much better than AJ's Monte, RyJ and H. Upmann. The prominent flavors are roasted nuts, and black pepper. It's also very woodsy.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]