CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 14, 2019, 11:59:55 PM

Title: 11/15/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on November 14, 2019, 11:59:55 PM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 12:02:52 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 05:36:28 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 06:10:51 AM
good morning Tony and Dave. Happy Friday. 66° and raining here.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 07:02:22 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
It's been a whole season of injuries. Why should last night have been any different?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 07:02:42 AM
good morning Tony and Dave. Happy Friday. 66° and raining here.
Good morning, Dean and LTG.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 07:05:51 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
It's been a whole season of injuries. Why should last night have been any different?
Goes to show you that even when we play well, we ARE still the Browns, so something dumb is to be expected. I wonder how many games Garrett will be suspended for. I'm guessing 4.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:17:03 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
Now there's an understatement.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:19:19 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
They beat the Stillers too?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 07:20:17 AM
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:20:31 AM
Good Friday morning Mr. Mayor, HotTubDean and HaveSomeSprinklesDave.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 07:20:53 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
Now there's an understatement.
At the very least, you can say this is back to a full-on rivalry again.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 07:21:32 AM
@LTG: Don't get too excited. Pittsburgh always starts slow.
They were not allowed to start at all. Your Browns played a heck of a game.
Looks like we definitely took the idea of "beating" the Stillers a bit too literal. Lol
They beat the Stillers too?
(https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKPlA0hb9Oj2SqY/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:26:31 AM
Today is Friday, Nov. 15, the 319th day of 2018. There are 46 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Nov. 15, 1942, the naval Battle of Guadalcanal ended during World War II with a decisive U.S. victory over Japanese forces.

On this date:
In 1777, the Second Continental Congress approved the Articles of Confederation.
In 1806, explorer Zebulon Pike sighted the mountaintop now known as Pikes (cq) Peak in present-day Colorado.
In 1864, during the Civil War, Union forces led by Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman began their “March to the Sea” from Atlanta; the campaign ended with the capture of Savannah on Dec. 21.
In 1935, the Commonwealth of the Philippines was established as its new president, Manuel L. Quezon (KAY’-zahn), took office.
In 1937, at the U.S. Capitol, members of the House and Senate met in air-conditioned chambers for the first time.

In 1958, actor Tyrone Power, 44, died in Madrid, Spain, while filming “Solomon and Sheba.” (Power’s part was recast with Yul Brynner.)
In 1959, four members of the Clutter family of Holcomb, Kansas, were found murdered in their home. (Ex-convicts Richard Hickock and Perry Smith were later convicted of the killings and hanged in a case made famous by the Truman Capote book “In Cold Blood.”)
In 1961, former Argentine President Juan Peron, living in exile in Spain, married his third wife, Isabel.
In 1966, the flight of Gemini 12, the final mission of the Gemini program, ended successfully as astronauts James A. Lovell and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin Jr. splashed down safely in the Atlantic after spending four days in orbit.

In 1984, Stephanie Fae Beauclair, the infant publicly known as “Baby Fae” who had received a baboon’s heart to replace her own congenitally deformed one, died at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California three weeks after the transplant.
In 1987, 28 of 82 people aboard a Continental Airlines DC-9, including the pilots, were killed when the jetliner crashed seconds after taking off from Denver’s Stapleton International Airport.
In 2003, two Black Hawk helicopters collided and crashed in Iraq; 17 U.S. troops were killed.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:27:52 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama concluded a two-day summit with Asia-Pacific leaders in Singapore, where they pledged to persist with stimulus spending until a global recovery was assured. Kosovo’s first independent elections ended peacefully, with Prime Minister Hashim Thaci (HAH’-shihm THAH’-chee) claiming victory for his party. Michelle Wie (wee) earned her first win on the LPGA Tour, closing with a 3-under 69 to finish two strokes ahead of Paula Creamer in the Lorena Ochoa (lohr-AY’-nah oh-CHOH’-uh) Invitational.

Five years ago: Closing out his Asia-Pacific tour in Brisbane, Australia, President Barack Obama called on Asian nations to join the United States in confronting the globe’s biggest challenges, from climate change and poverty to violent extremism. Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, arrived in Iraq on a previously unannounced visit, his first since a U.S.-led coalition began launching airstrikes against the extremist Islamic State group. Pope Francis denounced the right to die movement, telling the Association of Italian Catholic Doctors it was a “false sense of compassion” to consider euthanasia an act of dignity when it was in fact a sin against God and creation.

One year ago: The number of confirmed dead from the wildfire that had virtually destroyed the Northern California town of Paradise reached 63, and authorities said they had 631 names on a missing persons list. (The death toll eventually reached 85.) Buses carrying Central American asylum seekers reached the U.S. border as the Mexican city of Tijuana converted a municipal gymnasium into a temporary shelter; U.S. border inspectors at the main crossing into San Diego were processing only about 100 asylum claims a day. Christian Yelich of the Milwaukee Brewers and Mookie Betts of the Boston Red Sox were named winners of baseball’s Most Valuable Player awards. Country star Roy Clark, a guitar virtuoso and singer who headlined the TV show “Hee Haw” for nearly a quarter century, died in Oklahoma at the age of 85.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:31:40 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Ed Asner is 90.
Singer Petula Clark is 87.
Comedian Jack Burns is 86.
 Actress Joanna Barnes is 85.
Actor Yaphet Kotto is 80.
Actor Sam Waterston is 79.
Classical conductor Daniel Barenboim is 77.
Pop singer Frida (ABBA) is 74.
Actor Bob Gunton is 74.
Former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is 72.
Actress Beverly D’Angelo is 68.
Director-actor James Widdoes is 66.
Rock singer-producer Mitch Easter is 65.
News correspondent John Roberts is 63.
Former “Jay Leno Show” bandleader Kevin Eubanks is 62.
Comedian Judy Gold is 57.
Actress Rachel True is 53.
Rapper E-40 is 52. Country singer Jack Ingram is 49.
Actor Jay Harrington is 48.
Actor Jonny Lee Miller is 47.
Actress Sydney Tamiia (tuh-MY’-yuh) Poitier-Heartsong is 46.
Christian rock musician David Carr (Third Day) is 45.
Rock singer-musician Chad Kroeger is 45.
Rock musician Jesse Sandoval is 45.
Actress Virginie Ledoyen is 43.
Actor Sean Murray is 42.
 Pop singer Ace Young (TV: “American Idol”) is 39.
Golfer Lorena Ochoa (lohr-AY’-nah oh-CHOH’-uh) is 38.
Hip-hop artist B.o.B is 31.
Actress Shailene Woodley is 28.
Actress-dancer Emma Dumont is 25.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:33:44 AM
Thought for Today: “To oppose something is to maintain it.” [–] Ursula K. LeGuin, American writer (1929-2018).
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:36:10 AM
Bareknuckle Pita's offered at CI.  Always been a solid cigar.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 07:38:44 AM
Hope the weather doesn't strand Mr. Bean in Commieland.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 08:05:35 AM
Bareknuckle Pita's offered at CI.  Always been a solid cigar.
Glad to see the price has been fixed. They were at $65 when I checked earlier.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 08:18:24 AM
Hope the weather doesn't strand Mr. Bean in Commieland.
Don't let him fool ya, like likes it there.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 08:44:19 AM
😂😂😂
tried running a PowerPoint presentation off a thumbdrive on my tv. now I can't get the tv to go back to cable shows.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 09:16:51 AM
😂😂😂
tried running a PowerPoint presentation off a thumbdrive on my tv. now I can't get the tv to go back to cable shows.
Check for an input button.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 09:20:35 AM
😂😂😂
tried running a PowerPoint presentation off a thumbdrive on my tv. now I can't get the tv to go back to cable shows.
Check for an input button.
I have 3 HDMI options. apparently I didn't know it was to be set on HDMI2.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 09:50:26 AM
Florida woman bit boyfriend’s penis ‘out of frustration’.

A Florida woman allegedly bit her boyfriend’s penis and threatened him with a knife after she accused him of wanting to have sex with another woman, a report said.

The alleged assault happened during an hours-long drinking session in Miami Beach that ended at about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a local NBC affiliate reported.

Esperanza Gomez, 33, was drinking beers with her boyfriend when a female friend joined them at about midnight, according to the report.

The friend left a short time later — but Gomez became enraged and accused her boyfriend of wanting to bed the woman.

She allegedly shouted at him, grabbed him by the arms and “began to poke him with a knife,” according to a police report obtained by the station.

She then “bit his penis out of frustration,” he later told police.
Gomez was arrested and hit with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to county records.

Her bond was set at $6,500.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 09:53:31 AM
[...]

Why did this guy let her anywhere near his penis after all of that?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 10:00:06 AM
[...]

Guys are dumb.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 10:11:27 AM
[...]

she had a knife. decided to just bite it instead of cutting it off. guess she planned on using it again.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 15, 2019, 10:20:48 AM
Looks like a tipical Friday for an untipical schedule. Good morning guy's
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 10:27:46 AM
Looks like a tipical Friday for an untipical schedule. Good morning guy's
hi Rick.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 10:36:52 AM
[...]

Guess he should consider himself lucky.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 15, 2019, 10:45:50 AM
Looks like a tipical Friday for an untipical schedule. Good morning guy's
hi Rick.
Good morning Dean
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 15, 2019, 10:50:46 AM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: bluecollar on November 15, 2019, 11:14:25 AM
I have some errands to run catch you later
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 11:14:47 AM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 12:01:31 PM
Good day Mr. Rick.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 12:02:17 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
Dentist nightmares?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 12:16:38 PM
for the life of me I cannot get my thumbdrive to play on the tv. converted PP to movie and jpg. still nothing.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on November 15, 2019, 12:17:05 PM
fukkit.
hottub and cigar time.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 12:48:28 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 12:48:44 PM
fukkit.
hottub and cigar time.
You made the right call.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 01:32:10 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 01:33:40 PM
for the life of me I cannot get my thumbdrive to play on the tv. converted PP to movie and jpg. still nothing.
It is very possible that the drive is incompatible with the TV. Even if somethings work, doesn't mean they are 100% compatible.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 01:45:18 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
I would be, especially since Rudolph did kinda start it on the ground there. Plus, no one wants to be "that guy" in the locker room, the one who filed charges cause he got hit with his own damn helmet. Hell, someone did this same thing a few years ago, and only got a 2 game suspension, I believe. I guess connecting with the head is infinitely worse than missing it?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 01:47:13 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, both teams fined 250,000, personal fines to come later.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 01:50:08 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
I would be, especially since Rudolph did kinda start it on the ground there. Plus, no one wants to be "that guy" in the locker room, the one who filed charges cause he got hit with his own damn helmet. Hell, someone did this same thing a few years ago, and only got a 2 game suspension, I believe. I guess connecting with the head is infinitely worse than missing it?
Yea, Rudolph did add his part after the late hit.  Will probably be fined.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 01:52:08 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, both teams fined 250,000, personal fines to come later.
Pouncey suspended 3 games as well for trying to go all American History X on Garrett's head.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 01:52:32 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
I would be, especially since Rudolph did kinda start it on the ground there. Plus, no one wants to be "that guy" in the locker room, the one who filed charges cause he got hit with his own damn helmet. Hell, someone did this same thing a few years ago, and only got a 2 game suspension, I believe. I guess connecting with the head is infinitely worse than missing it?
I wasn't aware of that. Thought this was a first.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 01:54:04 PM
Thursday night football isn't usually this exciting.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 02:03:36 PM
[...]
It was a Dolphins/Texans game 6 years ago. Back then, the coach had to submit it to the league office for review. Times they are a-changin'.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/19/4638074/antonio-smith-video-richie-incognito-helmet-hit

EDIT: And for this, he was suspended 2 preseason games and week 1.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 02:04:21 PM
Thursday night football isn't usually this exciting.
The NFL has to be secretly pleased so many people are talking about the game, right? Is it too late to flex the Browns/Stillers rematch on 12/1 to primetime? :D
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 02:06:19 PM
Thursday night football isn't usually this exciting.
The NFL has to be secretly pleased so many people are talking about the game, right? Is it too late to flex the Browns/Stillers rematch on 12/1 to primetime? :D
It's already a 4 pm game, but this has SNF written all over it.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on November 15, 2019, 02:17:27 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on November 15, 2019, 03:53:58 PM
Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 03:57:48 PM
Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...
Yowza. Did he throw in an 8-track player?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 03:58:12 PM
Howdy, Flip. How are you feeling these days?
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 03:58:23 PM
Thursday night football isn't usually this exciting.
It's all a ratings ploy...
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 04:00:34 PM
Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...
I gave away a pair of towers, bookshelf and center Infininity speakers prior to the move.  They were great speakers!
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on November 15, 2019, 04:03:46 PM
Howdy, Flip. How are you feeling these days?
great, actually, the warden even let me out last week for karaoke...
next week is the last week of physical therapy.  I am doing much better.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on November 15, 2019, 04:04:47 PM
Good afternoon boys, scored myself a pair of Infinity RS3 speakers, to replace the
Yamaha NS-A637's I had in the upstairs office. I like checking out a glorified pawn shop for vintage
HiFi audio deals. I saw one with out the grill, I said, if you have a pair of them I might be interested.
He found the missing grill and the other one, he wanted $100 for the pair, told him I wanted to spend
$50, he countered with $90, then $80.  He charged me $75 and change so it came out to $80 with tax.
They sound excellent, they were a $500 pair back in the day. time to flip the cassette...
I gave away a pair of towers, bookshelf and center Infininity speakers prior to the move.  They were great speakers!
back in the day, I couldn't afford them (and stay married!).
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 04:05:55 PM
Looks like  I missed a good football game. I was curled up on the couch watching hockey with my dog whimpering all night.
59:52 of it was good. Then Miles Garrett had some sort of stroke that made him think it was a good idea to use Rudolph's helmet like a billy club. Will probably cost him a couple of games.
Make that the rest of the season, possibly more.
Yeah, he will be made an example. I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges are filed too.
He's not had a great year behavior wise:

Garrett had already been fined more than $50,000 this season, for punching Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker and for a pair of late hits on New York Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian, the second of which knocked Siemian out for the season with an ankle injury.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 15, 2019, 04:08:43 PM
[...]

Well, there was also this:

Before Garrett, the longest ban in NFL history came in 2006, when then-Tennessee Titans defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was suspended five games for ripping the helmet off of Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode and kicking and stomping on his face.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 07:11:28 PM
Howdy, Flip. How are you feeling these days?
great, actually, the warden even let me out last week for karaoke...
next week is the last week of physical therapy.  I am doing much better.
That's awesome news!
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 15, 2019, 09:15:21 PM
FeelingBetterFlip lull.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 15, 2019, 09:16:54 PM
Evening crickets.  Changing planes in Denver with a local brew in front of me.  Burger inbound.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 15, 2019, 09:18:12 PM
Long two days in Commieland NW.  No more air travel until after Thanksgiving.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 15, 2019, 09:18:47 PM
And a week since my last cigar.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 10:14:32 PM
And a week since my last cigar.  Sheesh!
I hear you there. I've got to make up for lost time, next week.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: Threebean on November 15, 2019, 10:22:39 PM
And a week since my last cigar.  Sheesh!
I hear you there. I've got to make up for lost time, next week.
On the bright side that first cigar after a break is so great.  Gotta make it a good one.
Title: Re: 11/15/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 15, 2019, 10:53:19 PM
And a week since my last cigar.  Sheesh!
I hear you there. I've got to make up for lost time, next week.
On the bright side that first cigar after a break is so great.  Gotta make it a good one.
Agreed. Good to rest the palate.