CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 8/7/2016  (Read 3953 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/7/2016
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 11:08:10 AM »

Morning Mayor

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »

Good morning, jokers. Just a quick drive-by. Gonna take my daughter to brunch. She's celebrating her 13th birthday today. Oh boy, let the good times begin.
that's nice Tony. hope she has a great day and gets to spend it with her friends and not just the old folks.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »

Another obituary today, I have seen him play several times on Boubon Street back in the day.

Clarinetist Pete Fountain, one of the faces of New Orleans jazz during his six-decade career, died on Saturday at the age of 86, local media reported.

Fountain gained fame as a featured player on the musical variety TV program "The Lawrence Welk Show" in the 1950s and made dozens of appearances on "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson.

Fountain later opened his own jazz club on Bourbon Street in New Orleans and over the years performed for four U.S. presidents and a pope.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »

From Halfwheel

Carlos Arturo Fuente Sr. has passed away at 81.

Fuente led the company for much of the last six decades. Born in Tampa, he was the younger son to company founder Arturo Fuente. In 1958, he was sold ownership of the company’s business for $1 and led it through the Cuban embargo shortly thereafter, moving the factory from the U.S. to other countries including Nicaragua and Honduras before eventually settling on the Dominican Republic.

As a child he survived a diagnosis of polio. He and his brother Arturo Oscar were said to roll 50 cigars per day for their father’s fledgling cigar operation in Tampa.

In 1953, he married Anna Louisa Lopez, who passed away last year. Together, they had three children: Carlos “Carlito” Fuente Jr., Cynthia Fuente Suarez and Richard Fuente.

After moving to the Dominican Republic, the company began expansion. The 1980s saw the company begin manufacturing cigars for Ashton while adding its own Arturo Fuente Hemingway cigars.

In 1986, the company introduced Don Carlos, the blend of Carlos Fuente Sr.

The 1990s saw the development of Fuente Fuente OpusX, the first Dominican puro. Last year, the company introduced two cigars in honor of his 80th birthday.
that's too bad, but sounds like he had a great life. wonder if they'll do a special cigar in his honor.

Threebean

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 11:17:42 AM »

Good morning, jokers. Just a quick drive-by. Gonna take my daughter to brunch. She's celebrating her 13th birthday today. Oh boy, let the good times begin.
Morning Mr. Mayor.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 11:20:38 AM »

Tony, you do own a shotgun to keep suiters away from her right?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2016, 11:35:41 AM »

Tony, you do own a shotgun to keep suiters away from her right?
Not yet but I know where I can find out about some great deals.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »

From Halfwheel

Fuente led the company for much of the last six decades. Born in Tampa, he was the younger son to company founder Arturo Fuente. In 1958, he was sold ownership of the company’s business for $1 and led it through the Cuban embargo shortly thereafter, moving the factory from the U.S. to other countries including Nicaragua and Honduras before eventually settling on the Dominican Republic.

As a child he survived a diagnosis of polio. He and his brother Arturo Oscar were said to roll 50 cigars per day for their father’s fledgling cigar operation in Tampa.

In 1953, he married Anna Louisa Lopez, who passed away last year. Together, they had three children: Carlos “Carlito” Fuente Jr., Cynthia Fuente Suarez and Richard Fuente.

After moving to the Dominican Republic, the company began expansion. The 1980s saw the company begin manufacturing cigars for Ashton while adding its own Arturo Fuente Hemingway cigars.

The 1990s saw the development of Fuente Fuente OpusX, the first Dominican puro. Last year, the company introduced two cigars in honor of his 80th birthday.
81 seems extremely young these days. May he rest in peace.
Average life expectancy for men in the US is 76.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »

they are calling this gulf storm a 'soaker', no shit, 9 days of thunderstorms stalled off the coast isn't going to soak in. idiots!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2016, 11:40:39 AM »

From Halfwheel

good thing he didn't live in the US then.

Threebean

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »

From Halfwheel

Yeah, 81 is not what I'd call young, extremely or otherwise.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »

they are calling this gulf storm a 'soaker', no shit, 9 days of thunderstorms stalled off the coast isn't going to soak in. idiots!
Can you spell runoff?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »

From Halfwheel

good thing he didn't live in the US then.
Indeed.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »

From Halfwheel

I'm just saying the closer I get, it doesn't seem that old. Especially since I'm still ogling 25 year olds.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »

From Halfwheel

I'm just saying the closer I get, it doesn't seem that old. Especially since I'm still ogling 25 year olds.
I am a lot older than you and I am still ogling 22 year olds!
Pages: 1 [2] 3