BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Afternoon boys, I have one and very happy with it, good quality and mostly metal outside. Nice humidifier and slot for tools

Hey, Scott. The humidifier was one thing I was wondering about. The Famous copy description says it comes with one, but the 'specs' say NO... Would have probably gone with one of the XiKar tubes if it didn't.

Most travel humis technically come with one - the little foam inserts.  I never use them.  They're air tight so I can't imagine the cigars losing much of their rh level. Heck, over just a week or so you could leave them in a ziploc bag and they'd be just fine.  They don't adapt THAT quickly to their surrounding environment, ya know?  In an air tight environment they'd essentially act as their own humidifiers.  To an extent, not forever, depending on extreme conditions, etc., etc.

That said, I think the Tatuaje coffin humidor is sweet.

Yeah. Know what you mean about most having one. I have one of those plastic, HumiCare travel with the round disc you wet down, but this coffin looks like it has a different kind. The 1st picture I saw just had a big, rectangular hole in the foam. Then I found this pic with something in the cutout... Just more about how it was described. Kind of confusing.

« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »

[...]

Really like that it has a spot for lighters and cutters!

« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »

[...]

Yeah, I've got one of those humidifiers, just longer than that one.  Works pretty well.

« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »

Off to lunch and a power nap.  Back in a few.

« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »

« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Scott Fish does
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »

[...]

Yeah. I'm slowly talking myself into one. =)

« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Scott Fish does
Didn't think I was late to the party when I wrote this...

« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.
Scott Fish does
Didn't think I was late to the party when I wrote this...
I can relate.

« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »

[...]

Spend $150, use the $40 coupon, get it for free and have a few dollars to boot!

Shaun Harrison
School of JoeWacky Enablin'
Class of 2013, Summa Cum Laude

« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

[...]

good one! :)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »

If only the $40 coupon wasn't expired.... ;)

Think I'll just pair it with a mash item to get it to $50. Use $10 off cpn and get the humi, a 5pk and free shipping. All in for $40.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »

good afternoon guys. got 18 holes of golf in this morning and pressure washed camper. made appointments for eye exams, and dermatologist. got clam sauce simmering on the stove. ready for a OOO toro and water. have I missed much without having to read through today's posts?