CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/16/2014  (Read 72006 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Finally reached the 16th of June.  My life can settle down now after thirteen months of upheaval.

I've got $50 for cigars at the moment.  Somebody point me to a deal.
Joe!!!  He's talking to you!  Good morning, Bret.

The 'Chunky Monsters' from Tatuaje should be out soon-ish, I think.  Save some for those.  I love the Monster series of cigars.
Probably need to save a little more than the $50...

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, Bret... The Cain Daytona Coronas that Joe brought to your attention some time back are mashing. Those and a 5 pack of some Faustos would get you to $50. $40 w/cpn.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »

Eperney corona at the BnM watching world cup.
Nice!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  Finally reached the 16th of June.  My life can settle down now after thirteen months of upheaval.

Not sure how much the Chunky Monsters will go for.  The Litttle Monsters were $75/10ct box.  So if you set that $50 aside now and 'forget' about it for a few weeks, it'll be like free money when the time comes to spend it!

The 'Chunky Monsters' from Tatuaje should be out soon-ish, I think.  Save some for those.  I love the Monster series of cigars.

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, Bret... The Cain Daytona Coronas that Joe brought to your attention some time back are mashing. Those and a 5 pack of some Faustos would get you to $50. $40 w/cpn.

Dalek

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »

Ugh.  Why can't my boss realize that I'm busy bantering and stop sending me new projects.  Sheesh!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »

Not sure how much the Chunky Monsters will go for.  The Litttle Monsters were $75/10ct box.  So if you set that $50 aside now and 'forget' about it for a few weeks, it'll be like free money when the time comes to spend it!

Botched that response...

Should've been:  Not sure how much the Chunky Monsters will go for.  The Litttle Monsters were $75/10ct box.  So if you set that $50 aside now and 'forget' about it for a few weeks, it'll be like free money when the time comes to spend it!

dogdays

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »

Botched that response...

Should've been:  Not sure how much the Chunky Monsters will go for.  The Litttle Monsters were $75/10ct box.  So if you set that $50 aside now and 'forget' about it for a few weeks, it'll be like free money when the time comes to spend it!
Joe , what a great idea . I have to try it ! .

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »

It's actually sitting in my PayPal account, and yes, it's burning a hole.  My dad needed some cigars to hand out at the wedding reception, so I gave him my box of Fighting Cock robustos, for which he then gave me five Partagas Serie D #4 from a box he was given as a wedding present.  Spectacular trade far as I'm concerned.  But I still need to make up for the inventory reduction.  Today it actually appears that through a tortuous series of transactions I won't bore y'all with I have another $100 available.  So $150 total.  I wish I'd known that yesterday because I'd have used that $40 coupon one last time.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll buy some more Cubans.  Maybe I'll sit on it until a killer deal comes along.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »

It's actually sitting in my PayPal account, and yes, it's burning a hole.  My dad needed some cigars to hand out at the wedding reception, so I gave him my box of Fighting Cock robustos, for which he then gave me five Partagas Serie D #4 from a box he was given as a wedding present.  Spectacular trade far as I'm concerned.  But I still need to make up for the inventory reduction.  Today it actually appears that through a tortuous series of transactions I won't bore y'all with I have another $100 available.  So $150 total.  I wish I'd known that yesterday because I'd have used that $40 coupon one last time.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll buy some more Cubans.  Maybe I'll sit on it until a killer deal comes along.

Looks like the CATSRULE 17% OFF @ Famous still works on certain items over $50...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »

Anyone have the Tatuaje Monster Coffin travel humi? Looks pretty cool.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »

I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »

I dont, but they look bad-ass!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2014, 01:28:59 PM »

Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchills

Box 10    US$  72.00   

Length: 4.80"  /  Ring Guage: 50.00 

an excellent buy at http://www.ihavanas.com/

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2014, 01:32:49 PM »

I don't, but they are cool to see in person. There's no way to justify it as a purchase, unless you just admit you want a badass looking travel humi.

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »

They are back in stock for 32.50 ea. Not a lot more than another plastic travel humi, but like you said, it'd be more of a cool conversation piece. Hmmm would 10 be enough for a weeks vacation at the beach?
Depends on smoking frequency, but I would envision 2/day at least for the days are are fully there(non-travel days)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »

It depends, is the warden coming along, then it's at least 6 too many.  You leaving her home or you are unattached for the week, it might do it, or you might be 3 short.  Again your mileage may vary.  Don't make us take your man card!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26