jswaykos

« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2014, 10:42:31 AM »

I use my Dad's, he has the Large which I think goes for around $800-900, woof!  I am going to get a smoker later this summer, but I am eyeing the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"...$299.  Great smoker for the price, only con is it's not ceramic, so during extreme weather conditions the temperature is more work to control, but I can handle that for $600...
Is the Big Green Egg a lot of work?  To light, clean, etc.?
Lighting charcoal is the 'hardest' part.  We use a hot iron, like a cattle prod, to heat it up-takes maybe 15min.  Other method would be a chimney starter, that's maybe a little faster and gets it going in about 10.  All organic lump charcoal.  Maintaining the temp is as easy as set it and forget it, vent on top and bottom make it really easy to lock it in for 8-10hrs w/o the need for more charcoal.
I love my chimney starter...!  3 sheets of newspaper or a few of my wife's old photos to get the fire started, and I'm ready to bar-b-q..!!!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »

Good morning Joe, and anyone else I missed this morning...

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »

[...]
BAHAHAHA-the Weber fire starters work well too, the little white cubes.

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
Morning JWacky!

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
It was.  And yours?
Logged

Baby Face Finster

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Sorry about that!
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »

G'morning Gents! Hope you all had a most excellent Fathers Day.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.  I enjoyed a lovely, but smokeless weekend.  I hope yours was equally fulfilling, +cigars.
Good morning Tony! Mine was smokeless as well, but not in the sense of bbq/steaks :) Used the smoker for the steaks last night, big green egg, damn that thing's amazin!
That sounds great... I've always wanted to cook a pizza on the bbq grill.
They are awesome, highly recommend it!
big green egg , I want one , just one thing stops me from buying it , the price $550 , I do hear that they are great .
I use my Dad's, he has the Large which I think goes for around $800-900, woof!  I am going to get a smoker later this summer, but I am eyeing the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"...$299.  Great smoker for the price, only con is it's not ceramic, so during extreme weather conditions the temperature is more work to control, but I can handle that for $600...
I used to have a Brinkman Texas BBQ with the side fire box.  I'm sure the neighbors hated me at 8am when I'd start a 20lb brisket...!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2014, 10:49:12 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
It was.  And yours?
It was good.  beers and cigars and good food and whatnot.  Kids still too young to be 'not nice' to me every other day of the year, haha.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
Morning JWacky!
Hey there, Shaun.  Love this smoker talk, making me hungry!  I've wanted one for years but I don't know how much I'd really use it.  Not that that's ever factored in to such a purchase before.

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
Morning, Wacky Joe.

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
It was.  And yours?
It was good.  beers and cigars and good food and whatnot.  Kids still too young to be 'not nice' to me every other day of the year, haha.
That time is coming. Haha.

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »

G'morning Gents! Hope you all had a most excellent Fathers Day.
Thank you, sir.  Same to you.

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
Morning JWacky!
Hey there, Shaun.  Love this smoker talk, making me hungry!  I've wanted one for years but I don't know how much I'd really use it.  Not that that's ever factored in to such a purchase before.
Yea I can't believe what you wrote, had to read it 3x before I comprehended it :)
If you want to get started in smoking, get a Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5", all day every day...then based on use, upgrade and teach the craft to someone else and sell them your broken-in WSM.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 10:53:26 AM »

Morning, all.  Hope the weekend was good to everyone.
It was.  And yours?
It was good.  beers and cigars and good food and whatnot.  Kids still too young to be 'not nice' to me every other day of the year, haha.
That time is coming. Haha.
Hopefully not..., and teach them out to make there own money too.  I wish I would have thought of that one...