CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/16/2014  (Read 72006 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2014, 10:07:13 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.  I enjoyed a lovely, but smokeless weekend.  I hope yours was equally fulfilling, +cigars.
Good morning Tony! Mine was smokeless as well, but not in the sense of bbq/steaks :) Used the smoker for the steaks last night, big green egg, damn that thing's amazin!
That sounds great... I've always wanted to cook a pizza on the bbq grill.
They are awesome, highly recommend it!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.  I enjoyed a lovely, but smokeless weekend.  I hope yours was equally fulfilling, +cigars.
Good morning Tony! Mine was smokeless as well, but not in the sense of bbq/steaks :) Used the smoker for the steaks last night, big green egg, damn that thing's amazin!
That sounds awesome.  I can't say that I even did any grilling this weekend.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I just wanted to get out of the house.  So the family and I went for a nice drive, then a long walk, followed by a burger at 5Guys and then a visit to the park.  Of course we had to get some ice cream before returning home.   :D
  which 5 guys dis you hit?  two i know of off Route 17, one of which is fairly well hidden.
Mmmm... 5guys.....  I may just have to hit that up for lunch now....
Yeah, now a greasy double-cheeseburger has my name all over it!
Double Bacon with jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms... and hot sauce...
I love that place for the fact that they will do hot sauce on my burger, with you 100%!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2014, 10:10:18 AM »

Good morning to all ! .
Good morning, Steve.  Hope you enjoyed a nice Father's Day.
//// yes I did ,  how was your Fathers day ? .
Really enjoyed the day.  The kids were nice to me.  Every day should be Father's Day.   ;D

dogdays

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »

big green egg , I want one , just one thing stops me from buying it , the price $550 , I do hear that they are great .

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

big green egg , I want one , just one thing stops me from buying it , the price $550 , I do hear that they are great .
I use my Dad's, he has the Large which I think goes for around $800-900, woof!  I am going to get a smoker later this summer, but I am eyeing the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"...$299.  Great smoker for the price, only con is it's not ceramic, so during extreme weather conditions the temperature is more work to control, but I can handle that for $600...

dogdays

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »

Good morning to all ! .
Good morning, Steve.  Hope you enjoyed a nice Father's Day.
//// yes I did ,  how was your Fathers day ? .
Really enjoyed the day.  The kids were nice to me.  Every day should be Father's Day.   ;D
LOL , it should .

dogdays

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »

I use my Dad's, he has the Large which I think goes for around $800-900, woof!  I am going to get a smoker later this summer, but I am eyeing the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"...$299.  Great smoker for the price, only con is it's not ceramic, so during extreme weather conditions the temperature is more work to control, but I can handle that for $600...
I hear that $600 is a lot of cigars lol.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2014, 10:16:08 AM »

dogdays

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »

BBl , laptop about to die .

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »

I hear that $600 is a lot of cigar lol.
That's where my head is at.  They have a lot of great accessories and resources for the WSM too, like this site http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/index.html

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 10:22:06 AM »

Is the Big Green Egg a lot of work?  To light, clean, etc.?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »

That's where my head is at.  They have a lot of great accessories and resources for the WSM too, like this site http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/index.html
I've been thinking of taking the La Caja China route, myself.  I've experienced the whole pig on there and it is yummo!  In fact, I probably will experience that again within the next couple of weeks at a cousin's house.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »

Lighting charcoal is the 'hardest' part.  We use a hot iron, like a cattle prod, to heat it up-takes maybe 15min.  Other method would be a chimney starter, that's maybe a little faster and gets it going in about 10.  All organic lump charcoal.  Maintaining the temp is as easy as set it and forget it, vent on top and bottom make it really easy to lock it in for 8-10hrs w/o the need for more charcoal.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

Missed the cleaning part, that's easy too.  We clean it out probably 2-3x/year, scoop all of the lump charcoal out but between each cook we move it around and the charcoal ashes fall down/out.  All around a great product, lots of pro-BBQers use 3-4 of them for their competitions.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »

I was looking at the prices too, after CB mentioned the big green egg.  I remember when they first came out and I thought they were around $300-$350.  Now, yikes..!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26