CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: 6/16/2014  (Read 71998 times)

Threebean

Re: 6/16/2014
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »

Morning men.  Fun time last night watching the Spurs dismantle the Heat..again.
Good morning 3B!  I am very pleased, Miami losing and LA winning the cup, good sports weekend!
And I keep looking for reports of fires, broken storefronts, and overturned cars in downtown San Antonio, but can't find any.  Hmmm..

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2014, 08:48:38 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.  I enjoyed a lovely, but smokeless weekend.  I hope yours was equally fulfilling, +cigars.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »

Fitzy/Pat, pm sent

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »

Good morning Chip, Dave, and anyone else I missed!
Morning, 2-star.
Need to keep PWing to get to 3!  How are you Dave?
Can't complain here. Great weather, food and family yesterday, capped off by the Heat dropping a 5-star sized turd in SA. You?
Good to hear!!!-agreed with Miami, go Spurs! 
Played in a golf tourney with my dad over the weekend, had a lot of fun and played well.  Cooked some steaks and hung out with my parents last night and Alli's on Sat night...all around one of the better weekends in a long time.  And won $175 in a golf pick-em pool(thanks Kaymer and Fowler!)
That's a couple of good picks there! He took the rest of the field behind the woodshed and had his way with them. Quite the performance.
He is my new favorite golfer, at least for a day to two ;) 
That course looked so cool, would have been a fun tourney to be at!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.  I enjoyed a lovely, but smokeless weekend.  I hope yours was equally fulfilling, +cigars.
Good morning Tony! Mine was smokeless as well, but not in the sense of bbq/steaks :) Used the smoker for the steaks last night, big green egg, damn that thing's amazin!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »

Good morning Tony! Mine was smokeless as well, but not in the sense of bbq/steaks :) Used the smoker for the steaks last night, big green egg, damn that thing's amazin!
That sounds awesome.  I can't say that I even did any grilling this weekend.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I just wanted to get out of the house.  So the family and I went for a nice drive, then a long walk, followed by a burger at 5Guys and then a visit to the park.  Of course we had to get some ice cream before returning home.   :D

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

Good morning all, never heard of Smoked Steaks, brisket, ribs yes, but steaks - what kind, how thick...

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:20 AM »

That sounds awesome.  I can't say that I even did any grilling this weekend.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I just wanted to get out of the house.  So the family and I went for a nice drive, then a long walk, followed by a burger at 5Guys and then a visit to the park.  Of course we had to get some ice cream before returning home.   :D
  which 5 guys dis you hit?  two i know of off Route 17, one of which is fairly well hidden.

Fitzy

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »

Fitzy/Pat, pm sent
Go tit...  back at ya.

Fitzy

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2014, 09:12:20 AM »

which 5 guys dis you hit?  two i know of off Route 17, one of which is fairly well hidden.
Mmmm... 5guys.....  I may just have to hit that up for lunch now....

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »

Good morning all, never heard of Smoked Steaks, brisket, ribs yes, but steaks - what kind, how thick...
We bought a slab of NY Strips and did the 'cut your own'...roughly 16-20oz, maybe 1-1.25" thick each.  Fired up the smoker and cooked em at 400 for a couple minutes on both sides, then shut down the smoker(closed all the vents) to finish em off.  Not technically smoked, but cooked on the smoker :)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2014, 09:15:23 AM »

do they all have free peanuts?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2014, 09:15:29 AM »

Yeah, now a greasy double-cheeseburger has my name all over it!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »

Good morning all....

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »

had a nice Fuente Opus X robusto (from the Mike Webber NYC trip trade) yesterday around two pm, at the legion.  hadn't eaten a thing yet.  learned a valuable lesson.  didn't go green behind the gills, but close, was very light headed.  A couple of beers later, I was fine.  my daughter and wife tag teamed on the cooking Surf & turf.  Shrimp scampi & pasta with very thin rib eye steaks(6 for the 3 of us so it was fine).  had the new Sparkling Santa Margarita brut rose.  then went to the media room and watched The Monuments Men and the movie I Frankenstein.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26