CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 10/11/2015  (Read 9305 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/11/2015
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 07:41:24 AM »

Pretty decent deal on a good cigar at CI today,  WTF that makes 2 days in a row for decent Daily Deals.

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Shhhhhh!  You don't want to let them know we noticed.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Good morning Dave. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Morning Travellin Dave.  Is it this week you are going to SC/GA for Family Time?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:56 AM »

Pretty decent deal on a good cigar at CI today,  WTF that makes 2 days in a row for decent Daily Deals.

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »

Can you believe Georgia went down again and the Sooners lost, Ohio and Alabama both should have lost their games, both teams ranked higher than they are playing.
You know I felt like TN had to win sooner or later as they are not that bad just could not figure out how to finish the game so that one was not a shocker to me.  Now OK yeah that one blew me away!  Ohio, well it has been a cakewalk for them all year and Arkansas is just bad and AL is not what we have gotten used to expecting.

My guess is GA lost Chub for the year and they are screwed anyway.

I was most startled by the lack of fans, noise and enthusiasm at the LSU game.  I can't believe the school did not do something to get tickets sold and fill that stadium.
It wasn't because they didn't try though, they were burning up the radio spots advertising the game, giving all the profits to Spurier didn't help that much since most people down here can't stand him still.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »

Morning again Chip.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning then managed to go back to sleep about 6:00 but the Warden woke up at 6:45 and within 3 minutes it was total chaos, so much for resting in peace while still living. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2015, 08:20:23 AM »

Can you believe Georgia went down again and the Sooners lost, Ohio and Alabama both should have lost their games, both teams ranked higher than they are playing.
You know I felt like TN had to win sooner or later as they are not that bad just could not figure out how to finish the game so that one was not a shocker to me.  Now OK yeah that one blew me away!  Ohio, well it has been a cakewalk for them all year and Arkansas is just bad and AL is not what we have gotten used to expecting.

I was most startled by the lack of fans, noise and enthusiasm at the LSU game.  I can't believe the school did not do something to get tickets sold and fill that stadium.
It wasn't because they didn't try though, they were burning up the radio spots advertising the game, giving all the profits to Spurier didn't help that much since most people down here can't stand him still.
Yet they always whine and cry because they can't get tickets. ::)    Spurrier probably will not make the end of the season anyway.

Lots of pissed off Longhorns since they gave away their tickets and still had thousands of empty seats on their side while they sat in Austin.  To ice the cake Dish TV is fighting with the DFW area and Austin ABC local affiliates and chose to black out the game in their areas.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »

Yet they always whine and cry because they can't get tickets. ::)    Spurrier probably will not make the end of the season anyway.

Lots of pissed off Longhorns since they gave away their tickets and still had thousands of empty seats on their side while they sat in Austin.  To ice the cake Dish TV is fighting with the DFW area and Austin ABC local affiliates and chose to black out the game in their areas.
That pisses me off when that happens.  Customers always lose.

Good morning, folks.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »

Good morning, folks.
Morning Tony

Oh yeah, all,of these cable companies and broadcasters are screwing the customers in the ass.  Hopefully the Internet will put the cable companies out of business sooner than later.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
By the way, have you heard that Fed-Ex will no longer ship tobacco?  Not just to internet/mail-order customers but from the factories to the suppliers.  It's only a matter of time before UPS and USPS follow suit and then we're really fucked.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »

Good morning, folks.
Morning Tony

Oh yeah, all,of these cable companies and broadcasters are screwing the customers in the ass.  Hopefully the Internet will put the cable companies out of business sooner than later.
Problem is that most of us get our internet service from the cable providers.  So they'll get their money one way or another.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »

Morning Chip and Dave!
Morning Travellin Dave.  Is it this week you are going to SC/GA for Family Time?
Yes, heading out Tuesday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2015, 08:39:39 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
By the way, have you heard that Fed-Ex will no longer ship tobacco?  Not just to internet/mail-order customers but from the factories to the suppliers.  It's only a matter of time before UPS and USPS follow suit and then we're really fucked.
Doubt that USPS will turn down any business.  Guess we should stock up in any case!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 08:41:50 AM »

Morning again Chip.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning then managed to go back to sleep about 6:00 but the Warden woke up at 6:45 and within 3 minutes it was total chaos, so much for resting in peace while still living.
Thats why they only associate resting in peace with the final checkout.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »

10 MB3 Robusto/$40. FS
Good Point
I have not heard that but why should I be surprised!   Interestingly Fed-Ex/Ground is the only one that will ship ammunition.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8