CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 6/22/2018  (Read 7423 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/22/2018
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. What's on the agenda for this weekend?
Supposed to be at a shooting match. But looks like I'm going to be at work half the day tomorrow.
Sorry to hear it. Can you work remotely, at least?
I could, however, there's really nothing for me to do but cheer everyone on. So it's a matter of optics. As the new supervisor, it looks good if I'm so committed to the success of this data conversion that I drive in on a Saturday to "supervise" it.

Go team.
Ahhhhh. Understood.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »

building my white clam sauce for ravioli tonight. should be ready at 6pm. cucumber, tomato, and onions marinating in Italian dressing for salad, loaf of crusty Italian bread prepped with real garlic and butter to throw in the oven half hour prior to eating.
Cheese ravioli with clam sauce?

I'm not judging, just asking.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »

building my white clam sauce for ravioli tonight. should be ready at 6pm. cucumber, tomato, and onions marinating in Italian dressing for salad, loaf of crusty Italian bread prepped with real garlic and butter to throw in the oven half hour prior to eating.

yes, it's very good. you need to try it sometime.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2018, 01:44:02 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Supposed to be at a shooting match. But looks like I'm going to be at work half the day tomorrow.
I could, however, there's really nothing for me to do but cheer everyone on. So it's a matter of optics. As the new supervisor, it looks good if I'm so committed to the success of this data conversion that I drive in on a Saturday to "supervise" it.

Go team.
Ahhhhh. Understood.
I think I'll bring donuts, just to piss in everyone's Wheaties. Everyone associated with this, including my technical lead who's doing the conversion work, are health nuts.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Go team.
Ahhhhh. Understood.
I think I'll bring donuts, just to piss in everyone's Wheaties. Everyone associated with this, including my technical lead who's doing the conversion work, are health nuts.

bring LOTS of donuts.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Go team.
Ahhhhh. Understood.

bring LOTS of donuts.
That's sound advice for any social situation.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 02:14:46 PM »

That's probably like asking a Mexican to try Taco Bell.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »

Hazzuh!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »

Something new lit up, TAA Edition FdLA Sun Grown Lancero

Waiting on baseball to start at 3:00.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 02:43:39 PM »

I just may. Red or white?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 02:44:27 PM »

Morning, muchachos.

Go team.
Ahhhhh. Understood.
Everyone needs comfort food when working weekends.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

That sounds like a winner. Looking forward to a cigar in about 60 minutes. May go for the Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition. I'm not a big Monte fan but I bought one of each, New York and Las Vegas.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

That sounds like a winner. Looking forward to a cigar in about 60 minutes. May go for the Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition. I'm not a big Monte fan but I bought one of each, New York and Las Vegas.
What better choice for walking the streets of NYC👍

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »

A rare sensible court ruling, and one that kicks the commie city of Austin right in the nuts!

Backing businesses over environmentalists, the Texas Supreme Court on Friday said cities like Austin may not ban retailers from providing customers with disposable bags at the checkout counter.

In a unanimous ruling, the state’s highest civil court said bag bans run afoul of a state law that prohibits cities from trying to reduce waste by banning “containers” and “packages.” Although the terms are not defined in the law, their plain meaning must be read to include bags under the prohibition, the court ruled.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »

What better choice for walking the streets of NYC
Here's the write-up on it...

Montecristo New York Connoisseur Edition was blended with New York in mind. The packaging is first-class, with individual slots, retaining the cigar’s sharp box-press shape. A clean and refined black box is highlighted with New York imagery. But the real star is the blend. Using an ultra-premium Ecuadoran Habano wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Dominican fillers, it is a blend that has won over locals for years. Now it can be a part of your collection, anywhere in the world!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7