CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 11/7/2017  (Read 6307 times)

Threebean

Re: 11/7/2017
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:35 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, and SuffrageMayor. Voting down in Travis county today, probably just some commie stuff on the ballot.  Wilco ballot looks boring, too.
Wilco is slowly moving left too.

Morning Bean
Indeed it is.  However, looks like I'd better rush down to the polling place, some impactful issues on the ballot.  ::)
Proposition 7: The constitutional amendment relating to legislative authority to permit credit unions and other financial institutions to award prizes by lot to promote savings

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »

good morning Scott.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 07:03:56 AM »

Happy Second Monday. EPC 2nd and coffee.
Morning Dean.  Did you ever wonder how EPC stays in business with quality control so poor that they keep on making all these seconds?
no, they are cheap, taste like tobacco, to me a good anytime smoke, and I can't afford to spend the money on the amount I smoke of something else.
Makes econimacal smoking sense to me and I have had a few and would agree but it is strange that they have a steady supply of 2nds..

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »

Morning Dean.  Did you ever wonder how EPC stays in business with quality control so poor that they keep on making all these seconds?
no, they are cheap, taste like tobacco, to me a good anytime smoke, and I can't afford to spend the money on the amount I smoke of something else.
Never had a bad EPC 2nd.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:05 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, and SuffrageMayor. Voting down in Travis county today, probably just some commie stuff on the ballot.  Wilco ballot looks boring, too.
Wilco is slowly moving left too.

Morning Bean
Indeed it is.  However, looks like I'd better rush down to the polling place, some impactful issues on the ballot.  ::)
Proposition 7: The constitutional amendment relating to legislative authority to permit credit unions and other financial institutions to award prizes by lot to promote savings
Yeah, that one is a biggie for sure, could change the whole world economy.  Amazing it is a state constitutional issue but it is TX.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:48 AM »

Good morning NJScott and NJDave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »

Never had a bad EPC 2nd.
Ever had one at all?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »

busy day. gotta call the water dept to see how to pay my bill of -$12.70, clean last nights dinner mess, return an order from Home Depot online at the local store, cook a ham for our monthly pot luck at the Attitude Adjustment meeting, water the lawn because it's getting more brown than green, go through the District Structures and Guidelines for next years ammendments, ad hoc committee meeting here Thursday or Friday, and do a load of laundry.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 07:11:25 AM »

Makes econimacal smoking sense to me and I have had a few and would agree but it is strange that they have a steady supply of 2nds..
I believe they are just advertised as seconds and through whatever size they have the most of in your order. I never had an 'out of stock' notice come up on coronas or robustos.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 07:17:20 AM »

busy day. gotta call the water dept to see how to pay my bill of -$12.70, clean last nights dinner mess, return an order from Home Depot online at the local store, cook a ham for our monthly pot luck at the Attitude Adjustment meeting, water the lawn because it's getting more brown than green, go through the District Structures and Guidelines for next years ammendments, ad hoc committee meeting here Thursday or Friday, and do a load of laundry.
???

Laying out the granite today at 11:00  and that is about it for us.  May try to narrow down the refrigerator selection depending on how long the granite process takes.

sfish

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:53 AM »

Morning Jammers!
what's a jam?
LOL
Well it is sure not what it used to be!
I haven't seen a decent jam since before I left NY, in fact they started going downhill by 2013 when I was at CF and it was discussed with Steve R.
I remember that

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:54 AM »

That's my point.  I enjoy most EPC's and don't doubt that the seconds are enjoyable and well made.  I just question the use of the term 2nds.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:47 AM »

Morning Jammers!
what's a jam?
LOL
Well it is sure not what it used to be!
I haven't seen a decent jam since before I left NY, in fact they started going downhill by 2013 when I was at CF and it was discussed with Steve R.
I remember that
Didn't you also have a discussion with Pete Johnson?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11