CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 10/2/2017  (Read 5502 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/2/2017
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »

Browsing at the AR forum and popular opinions there are mostly bump-stock fire.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2017, 08:16:13 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.
Yeah, for good reason. We want to know what to do to survive. Those people were sitting ducks for that monster.

Didja catch that his dad was a violent criminal who spent time on the FBI most-wanted list? That apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Not only did I catch it I posted it 4 hours ago, sheesh don't you read back?
No, I ignore you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.
Yeah, for good reason. We want to know what to do to survive. Those people were sitting ducks for that monster.

Didja catch that his dad was a violent criminal who spent time on the FBI most-wanted list? That apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Not only did I catch it I posted it 4 hours ago, sheesh don't you read back?
No, I ignore you.
Thus you stay uninformed ;)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »

Browsing at the AR forum and popular opinions there are mostly bump-stock fire.
I've listened to the video, and it doesn't sound like bump-stock to me. Sustained auto fire. Bumps tend to have fits and starts. This guy got the real thing.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:15 PM »

MNF at Corona Club
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]