« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »

I don't want to seem negative but the price of oil is nearing a disaster level!   $31.30/barrel down $1.86 today  and the lowest price since 2003.

Sounds great for filling up your gas tank but there is a limit how low gas can go regardless of the price of oil because refining costs are so high these days.
Which is why OPEC is willing to loose money and drive the prices down to punish the upstart US market.
When I was a kid, it was called a gas war.  It drove the gas down to an affordable price, and the American Public loved it.  When I filled up the other day, a woman bought $2 worth of gas, and a guy bought $1.76.  I'm sure they are hoping that gas goes back up to $145 a barrel.
Those gas wars were retailers playing games not oil drillers and producers, had virtually nothing to do with the price of oil.
when I grouse about the way oil pricing is handled, it's not at the workers, producers or gas station owners.  it's the leaders of the major companies that make all of the money and screw all of us to do it.  the same people screwing their own workers I might add and taking home millions of dollars in "bonuses" while complaining that they can't make any money in the industry.
Think you could pretty much plug any industry in there and come up with the same observation.

« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »

[...]

Minus healthcare, it's all legit here.   ;)

« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:50 PM »

[...]

So the sooner you recognize it for what it is, roll up your sleeves, put your mudders, accept it and plow forward, the better off you'll be.

« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »

[...]

Of course, Obama fixed that...well except for the VA...

« Reply #289 on: January 11, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »

[...]

Bam!

« Reply #290 on: January 11, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »

[...]

that doesn't include Big Pharma, right?  8)

« Reply #291 on: January 11, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »

[...]

+1
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #292 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »

[...]

LOL, did THAT 30 some years ago.  but doesn't mean I have to like it or those that perpetrate it.

« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »

Time to call it. Hazzuh!

« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »

Time to call it. Hazzuh!
Glad I was here to witness it. Later, LTG. See ya on Wednesday.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »

Time to call it. Hazzuh!
take care Dave.

« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »

Time to call it. Hazzuh!
take care Dave of the golfing variety, enjoy the rest of your day!

« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »

« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »

[...]

Oh yeah we are together on that issue, but no different than any other publicly held company whether they make money or not!   Truthfully a lot of the problem is also the "traders" that fuk with the prices up and down all the time.  Worse than just wall street because these traders are all over the world.

« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2016, 02:40:37 PM »

Later Dave
Howdy CB