Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

Oh..Evening men!!! Just dropped a cool $450 on the air conditioner repair. No pun intended. Went out yesterday...some part that looks like a coke can that controls everything went out. I guess getting 6 years out of that thing was good before needing a new one. I want at least 7 years out of this new part!!!
Compressor?
I believe he referred to it as the capacitor....in the compressor.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »

Oh..Evening men!!! Just dropped a cool $450 on the air conditioner repair. No pun intended. Went out yesterday...some part that looks like a coke can that controls everything went out. I guess getting 6 years out of that thing was good before needing a new one. I want at least 7 years out of this new part!!!
Compressor?
I believe he referred to it as the capacitor....in the compressor.
That's kind of like a relay that starts the compressor .
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »

Oh..Evening men!!! Just dropped a cool $450 on the air conditioner repair. No pun intended. Went out yesterday...some part that looks like a coke can that controls everything went out. I guess getting 6 years out of that thing was good before needing a new one. I want at least 7 years out of this new part!!!
Evening Sooner!  You talking the AC in the car or the house?
Evening King!!! In the house. Came home yesterday afternoon after a bullshit, crap day...instantly knew something was wrong. Did all the things I knew how to do..the breaker switch, clean filter and checked that the thermostat wasn't screwed up too. Main unit outside wouldn't turn on. Miserable nights sleep...repair guy showed up on time. Took 3 min for him to know what was wrong and 10 min to install and test. $450 later...
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2014, 08:30:08 PM »

An actual cigar question coming...anyone tried the CAO extreme??? The ONLY CAO I've ever liked are the LT and concert. I see the gentlemen's deuce has the brickhouse & extreme 10/$30. I know I like the BH...wondering about the extreme.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »

Oh..Evening men!!! Just dropped a cool $450 on the air conditioner repair. No pun intended. Went out yesterday...some part that looks like a coke can that controls everything went out. I guess getting 6 years out of that thing was good before needing a new one. I want at least 7 years out of this new part!!!
Evening Sooner!  You talking the AC in the car or the house?
Evening King!!! In the house. Came home yesterday afternoon after a bullshit, crap day...instantly knew something was wrong. Did all the things I knew how to do..the breaker switch, clean filter and checked that the thermostat wasn't screwed up too. Main unit outside wouldn't turn on. Miserable nights sleep...repair guy showed up on time. Took 3 min for him to know what was wrong and 10 min to install and test. $450 later...
That's the problem with AC repairs when it's hot out.  They know you need it, and have you over a barrel.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #440 on: July 01, 2014, 08:32:22 PM »

An actual cigar question coming...anyone tried the CAO extreme??? The ONLY CAO I've ever liked are the LT and concert. I see the gentlemen's deuce has the brickhouse & extreme 10/$30. I know I like the BH...wondering about the extreme.
Never had an Extreme, and I am always leary of cigars with stupid names.  Only CAO I ever liked is the LT.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #441 on: July 01, 2014, 08:37:33 PM »

An actual cigar question coming...anyone tried the CAO extreme??? The ONLY CAO I've ever liked are the LT and concert. I see the gentlemen's deuce has the brickhouse & extreme 10/$30. I know I like the BH...wondering about the extreme.
the gentleman's deuce? I'd pass on the Extreme, not very good imo.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »

An actual cigar question coming...anyone tried the CAO extreme??? The ONLY CAO I've ever liked are the LT and concert. I see the gentlemen's deuce has the brickhouse & extreme 10/$30. I know I like the BH...wondering about the extreme.
the gentleman's deuce? I'd pass on the Extreme, not very good imo.
Yep..new in my last catalog. The section that has 2 5'ers of different cigars for a certain price. I can never seem to find any of the 2 different cigars that I like. Thanks Fred Bob!!!
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #443 on: July 01, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »

[...]
By barrel...you mean jamming a 2x4 up your ass with a rusty nail, right??? Then yes, they had me over a barrel.  ;)
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #444 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »

Good evening boys, Las Calaveras clipped and ready.
the wrapper feels like silk in my hand. A great draw. Smoke bomb with minimal pepper to start. Dry finish, interesting cigar. Can't pick out any distinct flavors, but it's good.
thick thick buttery smoke, sweet and leathery.
very smooth and medium at best.
just about the best made cigar I've had. Perfect construction. My first BUY recommendation of 2014. It's wonderful!

« Reply #445 on: July 01, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »

So OyDave, if it's not KC, give me another clue.
oh, from my earlier Avi, gay biker in buttress chaps. Lucky you didn't see that one.
Indeed!

« Reply #446 on: July 01, 2014, 08:49:51 PM »

An actual cigar question coming...anyone tried the CAO extreme??? The ONLY CAO I've ever liked are the LT and concert. I see the gentlemen's deuce has the brickhouse & extreme 10/$30. I know I like the BH...wondering about the extreme.
It was a pleasant, fairly uniform cigar but didn't stand out for me.
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #447 on: July 01, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »

Good evening boys, Las Calaveras clipped and ready.
the wrapper feels like silk in my hand. A great draw. Smoke bomb with minimal pepper to start. Dry finish, interesting cigar. Can't pick out any distinct flavors, but it's good.
thick thick buttery smoke, sweet and leathery.
very smooth and medium at best.
just about the best made cigar I've had. Perfect construction. My first BUY recommendation of 2014. It's wonderful!
WTF???????????? You haven't LIKED a cigar for almost a year...and you LOVE this one??? What happened? Let me ask you again in a few weeks.  ;D Evening Minnesota Dave..
Logged

Sooner Jeff

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #448 on: July 01, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »

So OyDave, if it's not KC, give me another clue.
oh, from my earlier Avi, gay biker in buttress chaps. Lucky you didn't see that one.
Indeed!
Dear God!!!! Thanks for taking that down...
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »

Good evening boys, Las Calaveras clipped and ready.
the wrapper feels like silk in my hand. A great draw. Smoke bomb with minimal pepper to start. Dry finish, interesting cigar. Can't pick out any distinct flavors, but it's good.
thick thick buttery smoke, sweet and leathery.
very smooth and medium at best.
just about the best made cigar I've had. Perfect construction. My first BUY recommendation of 2014. It's wonderful!
WTF???????????? You haven't LIKED a cigar for almost a year...and you LOVE this one??? What happened? Let me ask you again in a few weeks.  ;D Evening Minnesota Dave..
quality happened Jeff, my cheap Jew ass paid over $8 for this stick and I'm happy with it. I must be good.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33