« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

90 minute commute is crazy.  That'd be like me working in Los Angeles but living in San Diego!  I wouldn't be willing to do that.
Pretty much what it is.  I work in Tumwater, home is 54 miles northeast.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents

« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents
And none of them Omar Ortez Originals.  I keep looking, but they haven't been there in a long time.  I should have bought that second box.  Mornin', Fred.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Figure in Gas at $5.00 a gallon, hows that commute looking now, as well as wear and tear on the car.
I have a 6-8min commute...wouldn't change it for the world, unless I had to

I'm at 10-15 minutes depending on lights.  I can take the highway or I can take a 'back road', both about the same time/distance.  Usually prefer the back road since there's even less traffic.  I think the most I'd be willing to commute is 45 minutes, with traffic.  Farther than that and I'd be looking at moving closer.  Of course, that's just not possible in certain parts of the country.

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

90 minute commute is crazy.  That'd be like me working in Los Angeles but living in San Diego!  I wouldn't be willing to do that.
Pretty much what it is.  I work in Tumwater, home is 54 miles northeast.
It must be the water...

« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

90 minute commute is crazy.  That'd be like me working in Los Angeles but living in San Diego!  I wouldn't be willing to do that.
Pretty much what it is.  I work in Tumwater, home is 54 miles northeast.
It must be the water...
It's the Artesians.  I seen 'um!

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

90 minute commute is crazy.  That'd be like me working in Los Angeles but living in San Diego!  I wouldn't be willing to do that.
Pretty much what it is.  I work in Tumwater, home is 54 miles northeast.
It must be the water...
It's the Artesians.  I seen 'um!
As long as they're pissin' down stream.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents
And none of them Omar Ortez Originals.  I keep looking, but they haven't been there in a long time.  I should have bought that second box.  Mornin', Fred.
woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't!... story of my life.

« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents
And none of them Omar Ortez Originals.  I keep looking, but they haven't been there in a long time.  I should have bought that second box.  Mornin', Fred.
woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't!... story of my life.
Fortunately, a box is 60, so I've got a supply.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents
And none of them Omar Ortez Originals.  I keep looking, but they haven't been there in a long time.  I should have bought that second box.  Mornin', Fred.
woulda, coulda, shoulda, but didn't!... story of my life.
Fortunately, a box is 60, so I've got a supply.
I'm down to about a half a box.....time to start thinking about another.

« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »

[...]

Damn.  I got the quote wrong.  It's "I believe in 'um.  I've talked to 'um."

Almost no one remembers that commercial.  Richard Farnsworth as an Olympia Brewery gardener.  For those who don't know, Olympia Beer wasn't brewed in Olympia, it was in Tumwater - half a mile south of Olympia and half a mile north from where I sit as I type this.

Here's the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSnqQFY8fZ0

« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

only 3 deals on the DDA, JR must be running out of cigars! afternoon gents
Good Afternoon Fred
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2014, 01:07:06 PM »

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters in stock at Emerson's if anyone is still looking for some...  http://www.emersonscigars.com/cat/1497/Tatuaje-Limited-Edition.aspx#.U7LqoKjCk9U

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters in stock at Emerson's if anyone is still looking for some...  http://www.emersonscigars.com/cat/1497/Tatuaje-Limited-Edition.aspx#.U7LqoKjCk9U
That Belle Encre Reserve box is orgasmic

« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters in stock at Emerson's if anyone is still looking for some...  http://www.emersonscigars.com/cat/1497/Tatuaje-Limited-Edition.aspx#.U7LqoKjCk9U
That Belle Encre Reserve box is orgasmic
She is a beauty