« Reply #285 on: July 01, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
Welcome!  Good brand of cigars, boxes are cooler than the cigars tho :)
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.
Welcome Kidhawk......I've only had one.....not too impressed.
Welcome Kidhawk  post and post often.
And just name the post count number you'd like to have and it will be so
And when you get to 30k, pick a BotL, fly to his house, and he will wash your balls for you!
Speak for yourself Shaun. Sheesh!
I thought he was.
I can't wait till I hit 30k...so many options...maybe i'll just go to CigarFest and make them all do it!
A full CigarFest Tea-Bagging?
Now that's just disrespectful, lol  :-X
Indeed, it's Tuesday!

« Reply #286 on: July 01, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
Welcome!  Good brand of cigars, boxes are cooler than the cigars tho :)
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.

I remember than being more expensive than others I liked and wanted to try, so I rarely purchased them...what cigars are some of your favorites now, we can probably point you in the right direction if you want to try some goodies.
My brother in law started me on good cigars, I was a white owl, black and mild kind of guy. He has had me try the Cella reserve, San Cristobal, which was probably my favorite. Price point on that is a little high for me.  I have tried others but just recently started paying attention to the brands. I have had a couple different Gurkas, you guys don't seem to like those much. I ordered some La Herencia Cubana which I liked but just want to try some different cigar brands. I was also thinking of the Brickhouse sampler.
I really like Brick House toros.  Hang out here and pay attention and you'll hear about some killer deals.  Some of those killer deals will still be above your price point - I've got permanent burn scars on my left ass-cheek due to red-hot credit cards in my wallet - but still.  Lots to be learned from the folks here, once you get through all the smoke.
oh yeah, buy a bigger humidor now.... or just exhibit some self control.  I should talk, i just made some more bids on cbid, but what the hell, it's the 2nd half of my fiscal year today.  I can say i have bought any cigars all month.
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to get that Brick House sampler and a couple singles on Cigar place since they have the $1 shipping.
Check for coupon codes there, they have STUPID discounts(30-40% off) routinely
Clearance Wednesday there tomorrow

« Reply #287 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:13 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.

« Reply #288 on: July 01, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!

« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2014, 12:26:32 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.

« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
I don't know, will a promotion, interfere with your bantering? More importantantly, will you be able to buy more cigars if there is a raise in pay?

« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Figure in Gas at $5.00 a gallon, hows that commute looking now, as well as wear and tear on the car.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #293 on: July 01, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!

90 minute commute is crazy.  That'd be like me working in Los Angeles but living in San Diego!  I wouldn't be willing to do that.

« Reply #294 on: July 01, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Figure in Gas at $5.00 a gallon, hows that commute looking now, as well as wear and tear on the car.
I have a 6-8min commute...wouldn't change it for the world, unless I had to

« Reply #295 on: July 01, 2014, 12:31:36 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
I don't know, will a promotion, interfere with your bantering? More importantantly, will you be able to buy more cigars if there is a raise in pay?
It would interfere some with my bantering, but yes...would increase the cigar budget some.  On the other hand, the job close to home would also increase the cigar budget because it would cut the commute expenses from $200/mo to, like, none.

« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Holy shit, that's some serious commutin!
I commute over 2 hours a day, 1 hour each way(uphill in the snow with bare feet!) but I am sitting on a train for most of it, with 10 minutes of walking.

« Reply #297 on: July 01, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Figure in Gas at $5.00 a gallon, hows that commute looking now, as well as wear and tear on the car.
Vanpool.  Costs $129/month.  My car only drives the 13 miles to the vanpool rendezvous.

And the motorcycle provides a cheap option.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #298 on: July 01, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
I don't know, will a promotion, interfere with your bantering? More importantantly, will you be able to buy more cigars if there is a raise in pay?
It would interfere some with my bantering, but yes...would increase the cigar budget some.  On the other hand, the job close to home would also increase the cigar budget because it would cut the commute expenses from $200/mo to, like, none.

It would also increase cigar smoking time.

« Reply #299 on: July 01, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)
Well, my boss is leaving Aug 8th. So now I'm back in the promotion discussion.  Just when I was thinking about taking a job elsewhere.  Sheesh.
NICE!
Been here before and it didn't pan out.  We'll see.  There's a position open at the school district in Enumclaw that would drop my commute from 90 minutes to 3 minutes...but likely won't pay as much.  Tough call.
Figure in Gas at $5.00 a gallon, hows that commute looking now, as well as wear and tear on the car.
...and wear and tear on the commuter and the folks at home waiting on said commuter.