CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: 7/1/2014  (Read 99439 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »

Okay, greetings again.  Had to read back and catch up on the soap opera and Joe's travels.  Welcome back Joe.  Howdy, Dusty and Steve. Welcome, Kidhawk.  We're not always this neurotic. 

Nah, fuck it.  We're always this neurotic.  Sometimes we're worse.

I just gloss over that nonsense.  If it bothers one that much, at least there are others bothered, too, to commiserate with.  I'll just smoke, drink, post, and be merry, Tuesdays excluded.  Hey there, Bret.  And yes, we're always this neurotic. 

And a hearty GFY to everyone.

Indeed.  Morning, Will.  Had a chance to try a My Father Cedros last week.  Really liked it despite my general dislike for cedar wrapped cigars.  I would go so far as to say I liked it more than the non-cedar wrapped MFs.  I'll definitely be picking more up in the future.  Can't remember the exact size I had... corona-ish.
Yeah it looked to be the smaller of the 2, I have the larger ones, big fan of the MF cedar-wrapped as well!

I'm not too familiar with the MF Cedros but there were two boxes on the shelf, and I went with the smaller of the two.  Neither were huge, both seemed a little larger than the 'standard' corona.  TWSS, etc.
I suppose it's more longer than anything, RG is VERY similar...Cervantes-6.5x44 and Eminentes5 5/8x46

It was the Eminentes.  I remember that from the pricing sticker.  I really like the regular My Fathers but this one seemed to have more going on, flavor-wise.
I have some of the Cervantes, got em on the MASH for 10/49 with catsrule

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
Welcome!  Good brand of cigars, boxes are cooler than the cigars tho :)
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.
Welcome Kidhawk......I've only had one.....not too impressed.
Welcome Kidhawk  post and post often.
And just name the post count number you'd like to have and it will be so
And when you get to 30k, pick a BotL, fly to his house, and he will wash your balls for you!
Speak for yourself Shaun. Sheesh!
I thought he was.
I can't wait till I hit 30k...so many options...maybe i'll just go to CigarFest and make them all do it!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.
And when you get to 30k, pick a BotL, fly to his house, and he will wash your balls for you!
I thought he was.
I can't wait till I hit 30k...so many options...maybe i'll just go to CigarFest and make them all do it!
Guys, I have an anvil and ten pound hammer I can send.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.

sfish

« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »

I thought he was.
A full CigarFest Tea-Bagging?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #275 on: July 01, 2014, 12:03:09 PM »

Meeting.  Gotta go to a useless meeting.  Back when the torture ends.
Aren't they all...hope you get something accomplished! ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #276 on: July 01, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »

I thought he was.
A full CigarFest Tea-Bagging?
Now that's just disrespectful, lol  :-X

Kidhawk21

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »

I remember than being more expensive than others I liked and wanted to try, so I rarely purchased them...what cigars are some of your favorites now, we can probably point you in the right direction if you want to try some goodies.
My brother in law started me on good cigars, I was a white owl, black and mild kind of guy. He has had me try the Cella reserve, San Cristobal, which was probably my favorite. Price point on that is a little high for me.  I have tried others but just recently started paying attention to the brands. I have had a couple different Gurkas, you guys don't seem to like those much. I ordered some La Herencia Cubana which I liked but just want to try some different cigar brands. I was also thinking of the Brickhouse sampler.
I really like Brick House toros.  Hang out here and pay attention and you'll hear about some killer deals.  Some of those killer deals will still be above your price point - I've got permanent burn scars on my left ass-cheek due to red-hot credit cards in my wallet - but still.  Lots to be learned from the folks here, once you get through all the smoke.
oh yeah, buy a bigger humidor now.... or just exhibit some self control.  I should talk, i just made some more bids on cbid, but what the hell, it's the 2nd half of my fiscal year today.  I can say i have bought any cigars all month.
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to get that Brick House sampler and a couple singles on Cigar place since they have the $1 shipping.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »

Good morning CB! ;)
Morning/afternoon. Nice summer day but cooling off for th 4th.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »

I remember than being more expensive than others I liked and wanted to try, so I rarely purchased them...what cigars are some of your favorites now, we can probably point you in the right direction if you want to try some goodies.
My brother in law started me on good cigars, I was a white owl, black and mild kind of guy. He has had me try the Cella reserve, San Cristobal, which was probably my favorite. Price point on that is a little high for me.  I have tried others but just recently started paying attention to the brands. I have had a couple different Gurkas, you guys don't seem to like those much. I ordered some La Herencia Cubana which I liked but just want to try some different cigar brands. I was also thinking of the Brickhouse sampler.
I really like Brick House toros.  Hang out here and pay attention and you'll hear about some killer deals.  Some of those killer deals will still be above your price point - I've got permanent burn scars on my left ass-cheek due to red-hot credit cards in my wallet - but still.  Lots to be learned from the folks here, once you get through all the smoke.
oh yeah, buy a bigger humidor now.... or just exhibit some self control.  I should talk, i just made some more bids on cbid, but what the hell, it's the 2nd half of my fiscal year today.  I can say i have bought any cigars all month.
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to get that Brick House sampler and a couple singles on Cigar place since they have the $1 shipping.

Also note that TampaHumidor.com always has free shipping on singles.  They're a nice option if you don't have a great B&M locally.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #280 on: July 01, 2014, 12:05:42 PM »

Can't go wrong with Brickhouse.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:15 PM »

Check for coupon codes there, they have STUPID discounts(30-40% off) routinely

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2014, 12:06:45 PM »

Good morning CB! ;)
Morning/afternoon. Nice summer day but cooling off for th 4th.
Same around here, highs in the 75-82 region for the weekend where we are going, no complaints with those temps

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »

19-1=18

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing