CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: 7/1/2014  (Read 99443 times)

sfish

Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:16 AM »

You guys still crying about post counts? Sheesh.  Fuckin' Tuesdays, right?  Good to be back, I suppose, but there was less bitching and moaning on a four hour flight outta my kids than there is here.  Got a big steamin' mess to sort through on my desk but might put it off until next week...  Morning, all.
Mornin' Joe....Fuck it, there'e always tomorrow....or after the holiday at the earliest.

That's what I'm saying. Can't imagine any of it is THAT important, otherwise someone would've called.  Morning, Dave.
Where did you guys go in FL?  Disney World, etc?

We were in Daytona Beach at my grandma's.  My parents met us out there. Kind of a family reunion, I suppose.  Other relatives visited at various times in the week.  Didn't do Disney World since we're just an hour from Disneyland out here, and really didn't want to drag the kids around in that heat if we didn't have to.  We went to Kennedy Space Center, everything else was just stuff around town... boardwalk, beach, etc.  It was a nice week.
Glad you had a good vacation, and came back here with a relaxed perspective.  how many of the aphabet "E-deals" are you going to order? the 2 for 25 deal?  just kidding.... http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/deal/speciale/

Pay $15 to have someone deliver a flaming bag of shit to my doorstep?  Think I'll pass.  Morning, Flip.
What if there is an Opus X inside!
Then they would have coupled it with a few dog rockets and charged $49.95

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:51 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
Welcome!  Good brand of cigars, boxes are cooler than the cigars tho :)
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.
Welcome Kidhawk......I've only had one.....not too impressed.
no experience, but the San Lotano Ovals are nice if you can get them for under $4 apiece at www.cigarbid.com, just watch the shipping, and go for weekly deliveries...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »

Man, the whole lot of the alphabets are a flaming bag of shite.  I thought something smelled funny.

sfish

« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Any opinions on the Hammer and Sickle brand of cigars. I was thinking of a sampler pack to try them. Cigar Place has a sampler with 4 Hammer and Sickle cigars and 3 Ortsac cigars, I have never tried those either.
I was wondering about that, if your paying for the cool advertising rather than the cigar.
Welcome Kidhawk  post and post often.
And just name the post count number you'd like to have and it will be so

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »

And when you get to 30k, pick a BotL, fly to his house, and he will wash your balls for you!

Kidhawk21

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »

I remember than being more expensive than others I liked and wanted to try, so I rarely purchased them...what cigars are some of your favorites now, we can probably point you in the right direction if you want to try some goodies.
My brother in law started me on good cigars, I was a white owl, black and mild kind of guy. He has had me try the Cella reserve, San Cristobal, which was probably my favorite. Price point on that is a little high for me.  I have tried others but just recently started paying attention to the brands. I have had a couple different Gurkas, you guys don't seem to like those much. I ordered some La Herencia Cubana which I liked but just want to try some different cigar brands. I was also thinking of the Brickhouse sampler.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »

And it means about as much as the numbers on your checks.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #247 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »

You guys still crying about post counts? Sheesh.  Fuckin' Tuesdays, right?  Good to be back, I suppose, but there was less bitching and moaning on a four hour flight outta my kids than there is here.  Got a big steamin' mess to sort through on my desk but might put it off until next week...  Morning, all.
Wacky Joe!

Hey there, Mike.  You all settled for the summer or are some more family visits on the horizon?
Tim is in Afghanistan and Colin is in Korea so probably done for family visits for awhile.  I hope you flew to Florida. What did lil' Wacky and the Wackette think of the journey?

Oh, yeah, definitely flew!  I'm not THAT wacky to try and drive cross country with them.  They did fine with the traveling.  The boy is old enough to be entertained by some movies and it's not the first longer flight for him since we've flown to my folk's in Mississippi before.  The wackette did surprisingly well, all things considered.  Slept for most of the flight(s), so that was nice.  They had a blast with all the family paying them so much attention.  Wife and I enjoyed being able to hand them off for a while.  THey didn't really understand the heat and got crankier a little faster than normal but they handled it all well.  Biggest hit was being able to play in the ocean without freezing our asses off in the water!  Pacific Ocean is really cold, at least down by us.  The Atlantic felt good!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #248 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »

I remember than being more expensive than others I liked and wanted to try, so I rarely purchased them...what cigars are some of your favorites now, we can probably point you in the right direction if you want to try some goodies.
My brother in law started me on good cigars, I was a white owl, black and mild kind of guy. He has had me try the Cella reserve, San Cristobal, which was probably my favorite. Price point on that is a little high for me.  I have tried others but just recently started paying attention to the brands. I have had a couple different Gurkas, you guys don't seem to like those much. I ordered some La Herencia Cubana which I liked but just want to try some different cigar brands. I was also thinking of the Brickhouse sampler.
the cellar reserve gurkha will get some repect here, and i like a lot of the gurkhas, but I take a lot of grief for it. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »

Okay, greetings again.  Had to read back and catch up on the soap opera and Joe's travels.  Welcome back Joe.  Howdy, Dusty and Steve. Welcome, Kidhawk.  We're not always this neurotic. 

Nah, fuck it.  We're always this neurotic.  Sometimes we're worse.

I just gloss over that nonsense.  If it bothers one that much, at least there are others bothered, too, to commiserate with.  I'll just smoke, drink, post, and be merry, Tuesdays excluded.  Hey there, Bret.  And yes, we're always this neurotic. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #250 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »

the cellar reserve gurkha will get some repect here, and i like a lot of the gurkhas, but I take a lot of grief for it.
Cella is money, regular over the Maduro IMO

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »

my current check number is 1938.... rut-row 8)

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

Wow, I remember those days....so many cigars to choose from you don't know where to start. Kinda like a virgin in a whorehouse.  :o

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »

my current check number is 1938.... rut-row 8)
Straight cash homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »

Okay, greetings again.  Had to read back and catch up on the soap opera and Joe's travels.  Welcome back Joe.  Howdy, Dusty and Steve. Welcome, Kidhawk.  We're not always this neurotic. 

Nah, fuck it.  We're always this neurotic.  Sometimes we're worse.

I just gloss over that nonsense.  If it bothers one that much, at least there are others bothered, too, to commiserate with.  I'll just smoke, drink, post, and be merry, Tuesdays excluded.  Hey there, Bret.  And yes, we're always this neurotic. 

And a hearty GFY to everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33