CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: 8/26/2015  (Read 43857 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 8/26/2015
« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2015, 06:43:03 PM »

V Double Robustos 5/$23.50 Jamming

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »

V Double Robustos 5/$23.50 Jamming
Gone

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2015, 06:52:21 PM »

You guys all are correct.  I fucked up ok?!?!
Just funnin'...
You know I'm not really bothered by it, right Mikey?  We spent the day at Coki Beach and we're heading to the pool now.  So
So you going into town to try to pick up a couple?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »

Jericho Hill going, all is well.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2015, 06:57:08 PM »

.40 or 9mm FN FNS Peestolis for $370 + $18 shipping no tax CG.  Hell,of a deal, like a Bean Deal!
Where?  And how are they managing no tax?
They are in SC and only have to collect tax in SC if shipped out of state
But if CG buys one, he'll have to pay his state sales tax in ND when he picks it up at the dealer, won't he?
Nope
Must be nice living in a non-Commie state. Here in Washington, they collect the tax.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »

Jericho Hill going, all is well.
Excellent selection.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2015, 06:58:11 PM »

.40 or 9mm FN FNS Peestolis for $370 + $18 shipping no tax CG.  Hell,of a deal, like a Bean Deal!
But if CG buys one, he'll have to pay his state sales tax in ND when he picks it up at the dealer, won't he?
Nope
Must be nice living in a non-Commie state. Here in Washington, they collect the tax.
How do they collect it when there is no transaction?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2015, 07:04:12 PM »

Nope
It is a transaction. You buy anything out of state and you still owe use tax back home. Usually, they can't collect it, because they can't see the transaction. But anything that requires you to present yourself - like to procure license plates or to transfer a gun - you're going to get charged the tax. Most states operate this way. If ND doesn't, I'm surprised.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »

Nope
It is a transaction. You buy anything out of state and you still owe use tax back home. Usually, they can't collect it, because they can't see the transaction. But anything that requires you to present yourself - like to procure license plates or to transfer a gun - you're going to get charged the tax. Most states operate this way. If ND doesn't, I'm surprised.
Just looked it up, and ND does in fact collect use tax, at the same rate as sales tax.  I'm betting dollars to donuts that the gun store in ND is going to collect sales tax if CG orders a gun in from out of state.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

Nope
I talk to lots of people around the country that buy guns online and never heard of that shit if the seller was not located in that state anywhere.  Cost of living in a commie state.  2 good dealers in TX that I don't buy from simply  because I would have to pay sales tax.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »

Nope
I talk to lots of people around the country that buy guns online and never heard of that shit if the seller was not located in that state anywhere.  Cost of living in a commie state.  2 good dealers in TX that I don't buy from simply  because I would have to pay sales tax.
I'm betting those people just aren't paying attention.  There is the perception that if a transaction occurs out of state that no tax is owed, but in fact, if it's tangible property, use tax is owed in most (if not all) states.  Texas has a use tax.

Now, it's possible in Texas or North Dakota or other states that they don't require transfer agents to collect the tax.  Technically, the tax is still owed, but the state isn't going to put any effort into tracking down the transaction, tracking you down, and hitting you for the tax.  But that's changing all over the country, because of the rise of online shopping.  It's an ongoing legal battle, with states trying to demand that vendors collect sales tax and report sales to the states where purchases originate.

In any case, here in Washington, transfer agents are required to collect the tax.

Threebean

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »

Good evening commie and non-commie staters.  Temporarily sitting in the former, looking forward to flying back to the later.  About 4 hours worth of work to go before I can call it a day.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »

Nope
I'm betting those people just aren't paying attention.  There is the perception that if a transaction occurs out of state that no tax is owed, but in fact, if it's tangible property, use tax is owed in most (if not all) states.  Texas has a use tax.

Now, it's possible in Texas or North Dakota or other states that they don't require transfer agents to collect the tax.  Technically, the tax is still owed, but the state isn't going to put any effort into tracking down the transaction, tracking you down, and hitting you for the tax.  But that's changing all over the country, because of the rise of online shopping.  It's an ongoing legal battle, with states trying to demand that vendors collect sales tax and report sales to the states where purchases originate.

In any case, here in Washington, transfer agents are required to collect the tax.
Owed makes no difference if not collectable which is the case in most states for out of state purchases.  Nobody in their right mind buys jewelry at a local store anymore for the same reason.  The only exception is motor vehicles and boats. 

What you are saying would mean you have to pay Washington sales tax on your online cigar purchases.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »

Good evening commie and non-commie staters.  Temporarily sitting in the former, looking forward to flying back to the later.  About 4 hours worth of work to go before I can call it a day.
Evening Bean, yeah you need to get the hell out of that part of the world.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »

Nope

Owed makes no difference if not collectable which is the case in most states for out of state purchases.  Nobody in their right mind buys jewelry at a local store anymore for the same reason.
Indeed. But jewelry doesn't require a transfer agent either. It's legal to ship direct to the customer. Guns require a licensed transfer agent. So it makes it quite convenient for the state to collect the use tax.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30