CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: 8/26/2015  (Read 43855 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/26/2015
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »

Don't this sound good!

Wild Harvest Wednesday: Shrimp
SHRIMP IN BASIL BUTTER

Whether you take the do it yourself route by learning to handle a cast net or simply buy your shrimp at a local grocery or seafood market, this super-abundant crustacean lends itself to a wide variety of preparation techniques. This one combines the appealing taste of the versatile herb, basil, with real butter, pasta, cheese and shrimp for a filling main dish.

• ¼ cup torn fresh basil

• 1 ½ sticks butter, softened (use the real thing)

• 1 teaspoon minced garlic

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste

• ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

• 16 ounces fresh linguini or angel hair pasta

• 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled

• Butter for sautéing

Combine the basil, 1 ½ cups butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese in a food processor and run until smooth. Refrigerate, covered (can be kept for up to three days). Cook pasta al dente using package directions. Sauté the shrimp in butter in a large skillet for two to three minutes or until they turn pink.

Toss the butter mixture, which should be removed from the refrigerator in advance to soften, with the shrimp and pasta in a large bowl. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes four hefty servings.

- See more at: http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/issue/2015-1/article/wild-harvest-wednesday-shrimp-and-deer#sthash.26CGvGOq.dpuf
It doesn't sound bad but it's a little short on garlic.  Plus I'm not crazy about recipes you have to start 3 days in advance.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2015, 10:28:18 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Enjoying some poolside coffee.  Sorry no pics, battery is low.  No one here worth photoing anyhow.
Morning Caribbean Mayor, sounds like a good start to the day.
But where's the cigar?
I brought none down with me and I haven't looked for a shop yet.  So close, but no cigar for me... Yet.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Omar Ortez Original and two Martinis for a nightcap last night. Just a bit fuzzy in the head today. Not sure why...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »

15 5 Vegas Limitada '15  Belicoso  (6.2 x 52)
           5/27.50

14 Diesel Introductory Sampler #2
           9/27.50
13 Padron #2000 Maduro  Robusto (5.0 x 50)
           Box of 4/20.80   0% savings!
12 Carlos Torano Exodus "50 Years"   Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
           10/34.99
11 Romeo y Julieta Reserve Churchill  (7.0 x 54)
           10/34.99
10 L'Atelier LAT56  Toro  (6.5 x 56)
            5/32.50
 9 Xikar HC Series Criollo  Toro  (6.5 x 52)
          10/32.50
 8 Flor de las Antillas Toro  (6.0 x 52)
          5/32.50
 7 Foundry Chillin' Moose Robusto (5.5"x50)
     Box of 20/37.50
 6 Montecristo Churchill Extra (7.5"x52)
          5/32.50
 5 Asylum 13 Sixty (double toro) (Gordo) (6.0"x60)
         10/32.50
 4 Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 (5.0"x50)
         10/39.99
 3 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton
          5/25.00
 2 Man O' War Puro Authentico
         10/34.99
 1 Oliva Serie 'V'
          5/23.50

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »

Good morning, gents.  Enjoying some poolside coffee.  Sorry no pics, battery is low.  No one here worth photoing anyhow.
Morning Caribbean Mayor, sounds like a good start to the day.
But where's the cigar?
I brought none down with me and I haven't looked for a shop yet.  So close, but no cigar for me... Yet.
Warden is not allowing it is what he is trying to dodge saying.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »

Don't this sound good!

SHRIMP IN BASIL BUTTER

Whether you take the do it yourself route by learning to handle a cast net or simply buy your shrimp at a local grocery or seafood market, this super-abundant crustacean lends itself to a wide variety of preparation techniques. This one combines the appealing taste of the versatile herb, basil, with real butter, pasta, cheese and shrimp for a filling main dish.

• ¼ cup torn fresh basil

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• Butter for sautéing

Combine the basil, 1 ½ cups butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and cheese in a food processor and run until smooth. Refrigerate, covered (can be kept for up to three days). Cook pasta al dente using package directions. Sauté the shrimp in butter in a large skillet for two to three minutes or until they turn pink.

Toss the butter mixture, which should be removed from the refrigerator in advance to soften, with the shrimp and pasta in a large bowl. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes four hefty servings.

- See more at: http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/issue/2015-1/article/wild-harvest-wednesday-shrimp-and-deer#sthash.26CGvGOq.dpuf
It doesn't sound bad but it's a little short on garlic.  Plus I'm not crazy about recipes you have to start 3 days in advance.
Does not say you have to start up to 3 days in advance says you may do that.  Eat another donut and look for bikini's!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »

Don't this sound good!

SHRIMP IN BASIL BUTTER

• ¼ cup torn fresh basil

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• Butter for sautéing

Yes, it's short on garlic. But if you add more garlic it becomes scampi. No, you don't have to start three days in advance. The refrigeration is only required if you really want the basil to infuse the sauce.

And now I'm hungry.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2015, 10:38:44 AM »

Don't this sound good!

SHRIMP IN BASIL BUTTER

• ¼ cup torn fresh basil

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• Butter for sautéing

Yes, it's short on garlic. But if you add more garlic it becomes scampi. No, you don't have to start three days in advance. The refrigeration is only required if you really want the basil to infuse the sauce.

And now I'm hungry.

I will soon try it and add more garlic, more black pepper and a touch of red pepper.  Recipes are generally designed for the weak at heart and usually need a little boost here and there to suit your own taste.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2015, 10:49:33 AM »

Morning, muchachos. Omar Ortez Original and two Martinis for a nightcap last night. Just a bit fuzzy in the head today. Not sure why...
GMornin Raz

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

Don't this sound good!

SHRIMP IN BASIL BUTTER

• ¼ cup torn fresh basil

• ¼ teaspoon salt

• Butter for sautéing

And now I'm hungry.

I will soon try it and add more garlic, more black pepper and a touch of red pepper.  Recipes are generally designed for the weak at heart and usually need a little boost here and there to suit your own taste.
Indeed.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »

Yeah now my fuggin stomach won't stop growling, thanks bastiges!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:52 AM »

Morning RAZ,  the OOO for sure.  they always leave me light headed...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2015, 11:00:17 AM »

Yeah now my fuggin stomach won't stop growling, thanks bastiges!
Eat a banana

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30