BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »

good morning one and all. new cigar brand at the B&M tonight, looks too gimmicky
even for me, and my last box of cigars came with a knife and a sheath!
Have any of you heard of DBL cigars(DOMINICAN BIG LEAGUER)?

Did some googling... cause it's Friday and I don't want to do this other shit, and outside of Facebook this is what came up.

Quote from: Cigar Craig
Tuesday I went to my local shop, JM Cigars in Exton, PA to meet an old friend and enjoy a cigar or two without risking frostbite for a change. Jeff, the proprietor, when asked what was smoking well in the humidor, emphatically recommended a cigar called Dominican Big Leaguer. I had recently heard of this cigar in conversation in another shop, so I had to try it.  I smoked the Corona size and it was, indeed, darned tasty. These are reasonably priced in the $5-6 range and I’m told they fly off the shelves (along with the Asylum 13 in the 70 and 80 rings gauges, but that’s not a surprise) I picked up a robusto as well. It was a well behaved, good tasting smoke in the medium bodied range. It was a perfect first cigar of the day right after lunch.

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »

Guess it's time to start smoking today.

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2014, 11:52:27 AM »

good morning one and all. new cigar brand at the B&M tonight, looks too gimmicky
even for me, and my last box of cigars came with a knife and a sheath!
Have any of you heard of DBL cigars(DOMINICAN BIG LEAGUER)?
Morning, Flip.  No.  And that name doesn't make me think of buying.
UPS mofo delivering 3 boxes today.  Hopefully he shows up before I leave for work or I'll be hearing about it.
Our house got three boxes yesterday: Jewelry Television, PartyLite Candles, and MagicBullet goji berries....
let one box with cigars show up I hear it!

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »

Guess it's time to start smoking today.
You should smoke a cigar.  I hear they're tasty.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
according to the weather gal, glorious weather here for the next week.
According to the weather-chipmunk: " sweaty nutsack? You ain't seen nuthin' yet, muthafuckah!"

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »

good morning one and all. new cigar brand at the B&M tonight, looks too gimmicky
even for me, and my last box of cigars came with a knife and a sheath!
Have any of you heard of DBL cigars(DOMINICAN BIG LEAGUER)?
Morning, Flip.  No.  And that name doesn't make me think of buying.
UPS mofo delivering 3 boxes today.  Hopefully he shows up before I leave for work or I'll be hearing about it.
Our house got three boxes yesterday: Jewelry Television, PartyLite Candles, and MagicBullet goji berries....
let one box with cigars show up I hear it!
Well what do you expect?  She's stocking the house with important necessities and you're blowing the budget on luxury consumables!  Dafuq's wrong with you?
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »

Guess it's time to start smoking today.
You should smoke a cigar.  I hear they're tasty.
Mac Hyde Park burning here.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

In order to change up some of the rotation and better encourage Op: Smokedown, I came up with a new strategy for picking these random middle of the day smokes.  Partially because I have a ton of cigars I'll never smoke because they're too buried/other cigars are easier to get to and partially because I prefer those other cigars.  So using random.org's random number generator, I have it generate a line and column to match the spreadsheet and pick the smoke.

Obviously that can't be used all the time--picking a double corona when I only have an hour would be a waste.

Test results, to see how it would work, showed a 5x42 Unbanded corona (presumably bundle, it wasn't a mystery smoke sent my way), a JL Salazar Churchill, and an Oliva V.  So 1 out of 3 being something I wouldn't be likely to grab.  Seems good enough.

In practice for today?  First pick was an Upmann Millonario Churchill.  Second was a Legado de Pepin toro and third was a LGC Rabito.  Again, not too shabby for a random grab from the spreadsheet.

Think I'l follow its pick for #1.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »

Magic bullet,  ain't that a sex toy?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/27/2014
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »

Happy Frick'in Friday Fellows...!

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2014, 12:02:29 PM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
according to the weather gal, glorious weather here for the next week.
So now we're believing weather people now?!?
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

Happy Frick'in Friday Fellows...!
Hey BD

« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »

[...]

thanks, they also had a graphic in the email with polka dot cigars made to look like bombs...

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »

[...]

You should use cigar geeks to keep your inventory, they have a 'pick a cigar for me' button.

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »

Sorry, Fred... but good afternoon to ya. Skies are clearing here, but who knows for how long. On and off all week.
according to the weather gal, glorious weather here for the next week.
So now we're believing weather people now?!?
only on Sunrise, sunset and high & low tides.  tides aren't a big deal for you ltg right?