Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:14 PM »

Tex, I'm wavering in my determination to purchase a Glock.  The more I compare, the more I prefer the ergonomics of the Springfield XD.  They seem to point better for me.
Just to confuse you more, throw an FNS in the mix for comparison.
Tex has much more experience in this, so definitely take his opinion.  Those are the three I considered as well.  All are highly rated all are relatively simple and reliable.  For me you have to try them for yourself and see which feels best in your hand and presents itself best.
Yeah, I've been seeing those FNS. I'll check one out.

I think what appeals to me is that the XD feels like holding a 1911, but it's lighter and has better sights.
What size hole - .45?
Thinking .40. Got lots of reloader friends who are set up for .40.
Ok, and I assume full size not compact.  My only real experience with the XD is my son has one in a 9mm. Which I have shot some.  Good quality build and simple but it is a little particular about which ammo is most reliable.  Does stove pipe or hang one up once in a great while, might not do that with a .40.  Feed it something it likes and cycles fine.   FS is definitely a solid gun but I don't have a lot of experience with one.  Probably the most accurate of the 3 out of the box. I have an FX and that is a fine piece of machinery.   Glock will cycle any combination of about any ammo better than anything else I know of.  Also the Glock will work full of dirt and grime.  Lots of accessories for Glock and some great trigger enhancements available.   Factory glock sites are pretty crappy but plenty of nice options to fix that.

As Dave said hand comfort and how it points for you is ultimately very important.  XD fits my sons hand best is why he has one for carry.   All 3 are quality choices in a similar price range so whichever one shoots best for you is the right one IMHO. I own 6 Glocks so obviously I like them.

« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2015, 10:35:40 PM »

Taking my cue from the Texas boys, poolside with a Sam Cold Snap and a Jericho Hill.
Now you got it going!   I like those Jericho Hills.
Indeed.  Good smoke.  Evening, gents.
Evening Dave
Logged

YAD

  • Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
  • White stars are the best
Re: 3/3/2015
« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2015, 10:52:18 PM »

[...]

My two cents.  Well, maybe a nickel.  .40 is the Mafia's choice, so I say good choice on the caliber.  Both my wife and I have SW M&P nines.  She has the CORE, I don't.  The 3 different grips that come with the gun is an excellent feature for sizing it to your hand.  Neither of us has had a single FTL or FTF after God only knows how many rounds, which to me is a very important piece of finding the right gun for sport and competition shooting and home defense.  Loads of after market available too, but nothing like the Glock in this department.  I'm no expert, but I like the M&P.

« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »

[...]

The catalyst for the hurry up on this gun purchase is my new interest in IDPA competition. Glock and S&W own that arena. I haven't much fancied the looks of the M&P pistols - that's crass, I know. I'll give them another look.

« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2015, 11:35:16 PM »

[...]

Full size, indeed. I haven't found a compact weapon yet that I like.

Feed is important, and that's been my concern, thought the reviews I've read have been positive about the XD's digestive system. But the experience of my friends means more to me than reviews, and Glock does have the universal reputation for feeding.

More to think about.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]