CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32

Author Topic: 2/27/2015  (Read 75941 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/27/2015
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2015, 11:30:32 AM »

Now I'm with you.  Look at those mannerisms.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2015, 11:32:18 AM »

DAmn,  fallen Angels are up, but I like the Toros.  robustos are good, but ....
Those Flores y Rodriguez weren't too bad either.
Thanks! Was wondering,  there are a couple of the PDR offerings I like, but I'm always a little hesitant as I've also had a few of they're offerings that were "meh" at best.
Speaking of meh PDRs... The AFR-75 is really an outstanding cigar despite the large RGs I generally don't like.  That is, provided you can find them at a good price.  They ain't worth no $15+ a piece.
Haven't tried that one.  will have to give it a try.  Noticed the other day you were looking for some milder morning smokes.  I've used the MOW Virtues, CI Drew Legends (still not sure about it yet though),    oddly, the Park Ave by Gurkha but only after 2-3 months in the humi.  morphs into a pretty decent mild/med smoke imo.  also like the Perdomo Slow Aged Gloriosos Natural and maddie.
It was more like I was looking for something I already had in the humi.  I wound up going with the Monte White and was disappointed yet again.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

I had breakfast pizza and biscuits and gravy today - might be skipping lunch. Sloppy joes and mac and cheese
You ain't skipping shit.  You'll be hungry again right after you drop a duece in 15 minutes.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2015, 11:44:54 AM »

Threebean

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »

Thanks! Was wondering,  there are a couple of the PDR offerings I like, but I'm always a little hesitant as I've also had a few of they're offerings that were "meh" at best.
Speaking of meh PDRs... The AFR-75 is really an outstanding cigar despite the large RGs I generally don't like.  That is, provided you can find them at a good price.  They ain't worth no $15+ a piece.
Haven't tried that one.  will have to give it a try.  Noticed the other day you were looking for some milder morning smokes.  I've used the MOW Virtues, CI Drew Legends (still not sure about it yet though),    oddly, the Park Ave by Gurkha but only after 2-3 months in the humi.  morphs into a pretty decent mild/med smoke imo.  also like the Perdomo Slow Aged Gloriosos Natural and maddie.
It was more like I was looking for something I already had in the humi.  I wound up going with the Monte White and was disappointed yet again.
Hmmm, you don't look to disappointed Monte'ing that White in the photo. 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »

agree with you on the Perdomo Slow aged, curiously for me, I steer away from the Park avenues, preferring the Gurkha Symphony and Beauty. just got some five packs of the Elegance, have yet to give them a try...

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • White stars are the best
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »

Offer something decent, and you can't even get on the site to order.
I won a 5-pack of Four Kicks corona gordas yesterday I need to add to. You said you'd smoked the toros also, right?
Toro is good too.  Got some of both coming as well!
Give the edge to the toro or robusto? I've only smoked the robusto, the corona gordas are harder to win
Rob for sure.  The CG's end again in 7.5 hours.
Yeah the price gets driven up on them at times, they sell a 5-pack every day and I ship on Tuesday
I switched to Wednesday ship since it means they get here on a Tuesday instead of Monday.  Besides, I can usually get 3 bids in on the Four Kicks that way.  CG is the preferred for this cigar indeed.
Last Saturday jam had the $40/10 Four Kicks robs.  You able to do much better than that on the bid?
Yes, shipping is $5.99 flat rate no matter how much you win, just need to set your account up that way. You can set to ship once a week, the site sells a 5-pack each day of 4 different sizes. I paid $16 for the CGs and now looking to add. The robs and toros can be won @ $13-14 so you can combine sizes if you want and you wind up below jam price easily
I used to do cbid and know about the shipping (and spreading out that cost  ;) ), but $28/10 would be a nice deal for sure.
Right, so you could be @ $34 shipped, I have the jam deal in my cart, trying to stay under $40 total shipped and get the vitolas I want

I think the lonsdale has the highest entry bid minimum for some reason... $24 I think

Morning, Scott
I have heard the lonsdales aren't worth the extra.  Often come tightly rolled.  CG is definitely the best of the bunch.

Agreed. Just thought it strange because everything else usually starts at $12
Gotta make their money somewhere.  Besides, some are pulled in by the mystique of a small ring at a high price.

What's your handle over there, Dave. If I see you on a bid, I'll try not to bid it up too much.
Thanks, BYS.  Same as here.  I do the same for Scott.  Skipped a couple of bids before for the sfish.  What's yours?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

I had breakfast pizza and biscuits and gravy today - might be skipping lunch. Sloppy joes and mac and cheese
You ain't skipping shit.  You'll be hungry again right after you drop a duece in 15 minutes.
Already did that twice - will just have a little snack for lunch.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »

Lunchtime!  Wonder if they'll have any geoduck in the caf.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »

What's your handle over there, Dave. If I see you on a bid, I'll try not to bid it up too much.
Thanks, BYS.  Same as here.  I do the same for Scott.  Skipped a couple of bids before for the sfish.  What's yours?

bysmoker... clever, huh.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2015, 12:11:52 PM »

Lunchtime!  Wonder if they'll have any geoduck in the caf.
Thanks, I couldn't remember the name of that pacific northwest clam....
was too afraid of what the google results would have come back with....

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »

bysmoker... clever, huh.
AF from Garfield,NJ

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »

agree with you on the Perdomo Slow aged, curiously for me, I steer away from the Park avenues, preferring the Gurkha Symphony and Beauty. just got some five packs of the Elegance, have yet to give them a try...
I like both the Symphony and Beauty, but can't seem to get them to draw worth spit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »

Mornin gents, fuckin work getting in the way of my post count again!
Gotta be sucking up properly till you get that promotion!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

Always tough to skip the mac and cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32