Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2015, 09:50:24 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.

« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2015, 09:50:47 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
Damn that sounded somewhat curmudgeonly, but WTF, let the chips fall where they may!

« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2015, 09:52:20 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.

« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.
Did you try the connie yet?

« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »

Giving a Smoking Monk Triple Belgian a try  with a Narwhal Imperial Stout.  Cigar is interesting.  Considerable sweetness, had to double check it wasn't a sweetened tip.  Very creamy mouth feel consistent through the cigar.  Significant floral and spice smoke.  Unusual flavors to say the least.  Initial reaction was that it was infused (which it's not).  Reminds me of a Natural I would say.  Overall not a heavy or overly strong smoke.  Great burn.  Not going to be a regular, but interesting.
I used to enjoy the Natural, only one from that line.  It did not have a sweetened tip.  Where does yours fall on the Moontrance scale ;)

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.

« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.

« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.

« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
Agreed, I had no interest in revisiting the Saison.  Indescript at best.

« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.
Wait.  What?  That one slipped past me.  I thought the next NJ herf was when fishy recovered from surgery.  Are these private NJDave plans?  I don't want to be an interloper.

« Reply #460 on: January 21, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.
Where are you staying in Philly?

« Reply #461 on: January 21, 2015, 10:07:29 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.
Wait.  What?  That one slipped past me.  I thought the next NJ herf was when fishy recovered from surgery.  Are these private NJDave plans?  I don't want to be an interloper.
We keep nothing from the Mayor.  Bean will be in town (North Philly).  Figured it wouldn't be easy for you guys after just getting permission for last week.  As Bean said, he will be out a number of times, some of it in South Brunswick.  I was thinking to just take him to Princeton Tuesday or Wed.

« Reply #462 on: January 21, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »

[...]
What he said.  This will the first of many trips out that way lasting into June, so no worries.

« Reply #463 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:40 PM »

OK, not socks knocking, but Daytona's are decent.  Can I get an amen?
Amen to that brother.  Give 'em credit for a solid if not outstanding.
I'd be tempted if not for a few too many plugged ones from the last batch.  F'n Oliva.  The only ones which are never a problem are the Melanio.
I still haven't had one of those.  I'll get around to it.  Been wanting to try the Saison too.
Given the choice go with the Daytona. Saison is a meh Oliva, IMFO.
I've had many Daytonas.  It's the Melanio I haven't had yet.
That one is muy bueno.  I'll bring some to NJ next week, in case a herf works out.  If not, as Awnold says, I'll be back.
Where are you staying in Philly?
Guess I'd better get on that...

« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2015, 10:26:12 PM »

[...]
I'd love to meet up in Princeton but probably can't get the permission slip signed so soon after the last herf.  I'd go out on a limb but since you'll be back again several times, I'll just wait until the next time.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32