Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2021, 10:54:38 AM »

Morning, muchachos.  More insomnia.  This is getting really old.
Good morning, Raz. Sorry about the insomnia. Wish I could offer up a good cure.
This probably IS the cure.

I was getting uncomfortable with how much my whiskey burn rate had increased during the pandemic.  It had gotten too easy to transition from the last meeting of the day to a drink and a smoke while I finished up the "paperwork."  Then I'd have dinner about 7 and go back to my study for another smoke and drink, which sometimes  became three while I chatted with friends on social media until midnight.  I wasn't getting much else done.  Just working 12-14 hour days, drinking, and smoking cigars - and buying guitars with the overtime.

So when I ran out of whiskey a coupla weeks ago, I just didn't go buy any.  Mostly quit with the social media, too.  Figured I'd take a break for a while, and actually work at music again.  So maybe I'm in late-stage detox and that's disrupting my sleep.
I was hesitant to suggest booze.
Booze is never really a sleep-aid.
A couple of glasses of red wine usually put me out.
Until they wear off.  I dunno, I can have a coupla drinks and crash, but it seems like when my body has processed the alcohol, it wakes me up to tell me so or something.

Although right now it seems to be waking me up at 1:30am to tell me, "Your liver says it's bored."
It's not specifically a sleep aid but I've been taking magnesium supplements for a while and I notice a difference. More for joint pain but I believe my sleep is more restful too.

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »

Montecristo Round Trip Flight Sampler
8 Cigars / $34.99

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2021, 11:11:22 AM »

[...]

Yeah, this is your liver at 1:30 am:

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »

Brick House Maduro Mighty Mighty (Gordo) (6.2"x60)
Pack of 5 / $27.50

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2021, 11:56:54 AM »

Oliva Steady Ten Sampler
10 Cigars / $37.50

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 11:57:17 AM »

In non-jam/insomnia news, guys are here now to replace the busted fence. Thank goodness, not digging the open floor plan backyard I've got going on right now.

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »

In non-jam/insomnia news, guys are here now to replace the busted fence. Thank goodness, not digging the open floor plan backyard I've got going on right now.
You're so old fashioned.

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2021, 12:19:08 PM »

La Perla Habana Morado Double Toro (Gordo) (6.0"x60)- 10 / $29.99

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »

Partagas Black Label Bravo (Rothschild) (4.5"x54) - 10 / $49.99

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »

Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro Toro Especial (6.0"x52) - 10 / $49.99

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2021, 01:05:38 PM »

In non-jam/insomnia news, guys are here now to replace the busted fence. Thank goodness, not digging the open floor plan backyard I've got going on right now.
You're so old fashioned.
Actually, I hear open floor plans are on a downward trend right now, so really I'm just ahead of the curve. :D

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »

Guys are done for the day. Old fence down (or picked up off the ground) and hauled away, posts are setting over the weekend. Should be finished Monday.

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2021, 01:57:23 PM »

In non-jam/insomnia news, guys are here now to replace the busted fence. Thank goodness, not digging the open floor plan backyard I've got going on right now.
You're so old fashioned.
Actually, I hear open floor plans are on a downward trend right now, so really I'm just ahead of the curve. :D
I can see that.  With covid, I'm guessing families are getting sick of each other and their open floor plans. Time to put the walls back up.

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2021, 01:58:02 PM »

Guys are done for the day. Old fence down (or picked up off the ground) and hauled away, posts are setting over the weekend. Should be finished Monday.
Nice. We want to see pics when you're done.

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2021, 02:00:51 PM »

In non-jam/insomnia news, guys are here now to replace the busted fence. Thank goodness, not digging the open floor plan backyard I've got going on right now.
You're so old fashioned.
Exactly what I was thinking.  He has to get with the times!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6