CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 20, 2019, 12:00:22 AM

Title: 4/20/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on April 20, 2019, 12:00:22 AM
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 05:16:04 AM
Morning Sleepers, Hot Cuban ready.

“I told myself that I was going to live the rest of my life as if it were Saturday.”
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 05:45:51 AM
Partly cloudy, 56° and 10-20 mph winds now.  Partly cloudy to cloudy for the afternoon, 70° for a high.

Had winds over 60 mph and a butt load of rain yesterday but nothing more than that in our area.  Damage pretty much limited to a few trees blown over or broken off.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 06:36:02 AM
SHEESH
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 06:49:57 AM
good morning Dave.
Happy Bunny Eve.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 06:52:09 AM
Partly cloudy, 56° and 10-20 mph winds now.  Partly cloudy to cloudy for the afternoon, 70° for a high.

Had winds over 60 mph and a butt load of rain yesterday but nothing more than that in our area.  Damage pretty much limited to a few trees blown over or broken off.
wasn't much of a storm here. Tampa had a few trees down. power flickered here due to an old lady driving into a pole in the rain. said she couldn't see.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 06:55:35 AM
good morning Dave.
Happy Bunny Eve.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:13:26 AM
Morning SCDave and FloriDean.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:15:02 AM
Just a lot of rain here, lingering into this morning.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:17:43 AM
Today is Saturday, April 20, the 110th day of 2019. There are 255 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On April 20, 1999, the Columbine High School massacre took place in Colorado as two students shot and killed 12 classmates and one teacher before taking their own lives.

On this date:
In 1898, the United States moved closer to war with Spain as President William McKinley signed a congressional resolution passed the day before recognizing Cuban independence and authorizing U.S. military intervention to achieve that goal.
In 1914, the Ludlow Massacre took place when the Colorado National Guard opened fire on a tent colony of striking miners; about 20 (accounts vary) strikers, women and children died.
In 1938, "Olympia," Leni Riefenstahl's documentary about the 1936 Berlin Olympic games, was first shown in Nazi Germany.
In 1948, United Auto Workers president Walter P. Reuther was shot and seriously wounded at his home in Detroit.
In 1971, the Supreme Court unanimously upheld the use of busing to achieve racial desegregation in schools. National Public Radio made its on-air debut with live coverage of a U.S. Senate hearing on the Vietnam War.
In 1972, Apollo 16's lunar module, carrying astronauts John W. Young and Charles M. Duke Jr., landed on the moon.
In 1977, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Wooley v. Maynard, ruled 6-3 that car owners could refuse to display state mottoes on license plates, such as New Hampshire's "Live Free or Die."
In 1986, following an absence of six decades, Russian-born pianist Vladimir Horowitz performed in the Soviet Union to a packed audience at the Grand Hall of the Tchaikovsky Conservatory in Moscow.
In 1988, gunmen who had hijacked a Kuwait Airways jumbo jet were allowed safe passage out of Algeria under an agreement that freed the remaining 31 hostages and ended a 15-day siege in which two passengers were slain.
In 1992, the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness took place at London's Wembley Stadium. Comedian Benny Hill died in his Greater London flat at age 68.
In 2003, U.S. Army forces took control of Baghdad from the Marines in a changing of the guard that thinned the military presence in the capital.
In 2010, an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil platform, leased by BP, killed 11 workers and caused a blow-out that began spewing an estimated 200 million gallons of crude into the Gulf of Mexico. (The well was finally capped nearly three months later.)
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 07:17:45 AM
Morning SCDave and FloriDean.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:18:28 AM
Ten years ago: In Geneva, the United Nations opened its first anti-racism conference in eight years; dozens of Western diplomats walked out as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (ah-muh-DEE'-neh-zhahd) called Israel the "most cruel and repressive racist regime." (Nine countries, including the United States and Israel, were already boycotting the conference.) Medical student Philip Markoff was arrested in the death of Julissa Brisman, a masseuse he'd met through Craigslist and whose body was found in a Boston hotel. (Markoff, who also was accused of robbing two other women, took his own life while in jail in August 2010 as he awaited trial in Brisman's death.)

Five years ago: Pope Francis made an Easter Sunday plea for peace and dialogue in Ukraine and Syria, for an end to attacks against Christians in Nigeria and for more attention to the hungry and neediest close to home. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, the boxer whose wrongful murder conviction in New Jersey became an international symbol of racial injustice, died in Toronto at age 76.

One year ago: U.S. health officials told consumers to throw away any store-bought romaine lettuce and warned restaurants not to serve it amid an E. coli outbreak that had sickened more than 50 people in several states. Wells Fargo agreed to pay $1 billion to federal regulators to settle charges stemming from misconduct at its mortgage and auto lending businesses; it was the latest punishment levied against the banking giant for widespread customer abuses. The Democratic Party filed a lawsuit accusing the Donald Trump presidential campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks and Trump's son and son-in-law of conspiring to undercut Democrats in the 2016 election by stealing tens of thousands of emails and documents.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:21:42 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is 99.
Actor Leslie Phillips is 95.
Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., is 83.
Actor George Takei is 82.
Singer Johnny Tillotson is 81.
Actor Ryan O'Neal is 78.
Bluegrass singer-musician Doyle Lawson (Quicksilver) is 75.
Actress Judith O'Dea is 74.
Rock musician Craig Frost (Grand Funk; Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band) is 71.
Actor Gregory Itzin (iht-zihn) is 71.
Actress Jessica Lange is 70.
Actress Veronica Cartwright is 70.
Actor Clint Howard is 60.
Actor Crispin Glover is 55.
Actor Andy Serkis is 55.
Olympic silver medal figure skater Rosalynn Sumners is 55.
Actor William deVry is 51.
Country singer Wade Hayes is 50.
Actor Shemar Moore is 49.
Actress Carmen Electra is 47.
Reggae singer Stephen Marley is 47.
Rock musician Marty Crandall is 44.
Actor Joey Lawrence is 43.
Country musician Clay Cook (Zac Brown Band) is 41.
Actor Clayne Crawford is 41.
Actor Tim Jo is 35.
Actor Carlos Valdes (TV: "The Flash") is 30.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:22:16 AM
Thought for Today: "Life is made up of desires that seem big and vital one minute, and little and absurd the next. I guess we get what's best for us in the end." — Alice Caldwell Rice, American humorist (1870-1942).
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:28:05 AM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 07:30:11 AM
Not even to page 2 yet?
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 07:31:09 AM
Just a lot of rain here, lingering into this morning.
Morning FoundationDave

Windy with Nothing but sunshine here right now
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 07:38:56 AM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
Peeps and Eye Pokers?
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 07:59:29 AM
TOBACCO 21 IS HERE, WHAT ELSE COMES WITH IT

Next month, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., will introduce a bill that will seek to increase the minimum age to purchase tobacco products from 18 to 21 across the United States.

McConnel will become the most powerful lawmaker to call for such a measure on the federal level. While the text of the bill is not out, McConnell said his bill will include an exemption for those serving in the military.

The problem becomes if it, or a bill that passes, looks like another piece of legislation, the Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act of 2019. That bill seeks to not only increase the minimum age to purchase tobacco but would also ban flavored tobacco, the sale of tobacco products online, introduce new advertising requirements and increase the user fees paid by tobacco products. The inclusions of the ban on flavored tobacco and online sales would be devastating to the premium cigar industry, even if you don’t think flavored cigars are premium.

https://halfwheel.com/tobacco-21-is-here-what-else-comes-with-it/298147
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 08:12:51 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.

Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 08:15:46 AM
cool damp dreary day.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 08:17:11 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 08:41:29 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
No, that’s what happens when DOT’s and Locals don’t manage and inspect their projects.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 08:46:52 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
No, that’s what happens when DOT’s and Locals don’t manage and inspect their projects.
most employees or conteactors down here never went to school let alone spell it. 😂
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 08:59:11 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
No, that’s what happens when DOT’s and Locals don’t manage and inspect their projects.
most employees or conteactors down here never went to school let alone spell it. 😂
And some NYDOT people can’t even spell Contractors😂😂😂😂😂
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 20, 2019, 09:33:07 AM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
I honestly never liked those peeps
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 20, 2019, 09:34:29 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
No, that’s what happens when DOT’s and Locals don’t manage and inspect their projects.
most employees or conteactors down here never went to school let alone spell it.
And some NYDOT people can’t even spell Contractors
LMAO
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 20, 2019, 09:35:50 AM
Good morning guys. Busy last few days with Vet visits, groomers, all that fun stuff
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 09:46:57 AM
Good morning guys. Busy last few days with Vet visits, groomers, all that fun stuff
Morning BusyBlue
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 09:52:50 AM
Good morning guys. Busy last few days with Vet visits, groomers, all that fun stuff
now it's time to take care of you.
morning Rick.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 09:54:01 AM
Always keep a spare shotgun hidden!

Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 09:54:46 AM
Road crew misspells 'school' in Florida school crossing

DORAL, Fla. (AP) - A road crew in Florida should get an "F'' for spelling.

A motorist on Thursday spotted the error, realizing that workers in Doral had made a mistake when painting the word "school" at a pedestrian crossing in the road. Instead of S-C-H-O-O-L, it was spelled S-C-O-H-O-L.
that's what happens when the govt contract bidding goes to the lowest bidder.
No, that’s what happens when DOT’s and Locals don’t manage and inspect their projects.
most employees or conteactors down here never went to school let alone spell it. 😂
And some NYDOT people can’t even spell Contractors😂😂😂😂😂
LMAO. I didn't catch it at first.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 20, 2019, 09:58:49 AM
I remember my first engineer who was also a gentleman farmer asked if I could pour concrete at about a 50° angle. he wanted to make a pit in his barn to feed his corn dryer so the trucks and grain would be out of the weather. I told him he was the engineer, if it could be done I could do it. worked out pretty good.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 20, 2019, 10:15:04 AM
Good morning guys. Busy last few days with Vet visits, groomers, all that fun stuff
now it's time to take care of you.
morning Rick.
Good morning Dean and Dave. I'm visiting.   My parents today, work in the morning then Brunch with the in laws tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 10:59:13 AM
Looks like CI did not even bother to offer a Weekend Spotlight today.

Holts daily deals seem to have gone to chit like the rest of them.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 11:04:47 AM
I remember my first engineer who was also a gentleman farmer asked if I could pour concrete at about a 50° angle. he wanted to make a pit in his barn to feed his corn dryer so the trucks and grain would be out of the weather. I told him he was the engineer, if it could be done I could do it. worked out pretty good.
Not much of a highway engineer, done all the time under bridges and not really very difficult.  there are multiple ways to do it depending on the strength you need.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 11:16:40 AM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
I honestly never liked those peeps
They're like licorice, either you love it or hate it.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 11:17:22 AM
Good Day BoilerBlue.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 20, 2019, 12:09:36 PM
Good afternoon, fellas.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 20, 2019, 12:28:43 PM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
I honestly never liked those peeps
They're like licorice, either you love it or hate it.
I like Peeps AND licorice.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 03:24:39 PM
This spot should be part of Cfest, don't you think?  Right next door!

https://abc.go.com/shows/bite-size/episode-guide/season-01/85-where-are-peeps-made
I honestly never liked those peeps
They're like licorice, either you love it or hate it.
I like Peeps AND licorice.
As do I....and coconut too.
Then again there is probably not much either of us don't like...
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 20, 2019, 03:25:05 PM
Hey Tony!
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 20, 2019, 05:18:19 PM
Hey Tony!
Hi Dave. Sorry, I'm having all sorts of internet problems today. Happened to have replaced my cell phone and my wifi router at home. And now I think my wife is fed up with me playing the technology.
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 06:24:49 PM
Hey Tony!
Hi Dave. Sorry, I'm having all sorts of internet problems today. Happened to have replaced my cell phone and my wifi router at home. And now I think my wife is fed up with me playing the technology. with my woodie.
Fixed it
Title: Re: 4/20/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 20, 2019, 06:25:15 PM
Evening Mayor T