CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 1/11/2022  (Read 3756 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 1/11/2022
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 07:16:03 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dave, and Dean. Boilers are really chugging along here.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 07:30:19 AM »

Good morning Tony, Dave, and Dean. Boilers are really chugging along here.
No shit, mine just submitted a request for PTO. :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 08:09:57 AM »

good morning Rick and Tony. I feel bad because I had to close my windows this morning and turn the heat on. 48° going into the mid 60's. at least I have nothing to shovel.
Do you really feel bad? Good morning, Dean.
No he doesn't. He loves it
And rightfully so, I'd feel the same way in his position.
I would tell you to GFY in his same position.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 08:12:42 AM »

good morning Rick and Tony. I feel bad because I had to close my windows this morning and turn the heat on. 48° going into the mid 60's. at least I have nothing to shovel.
And it would be well earned. And I'd go enjoy your hate with a dip in the hot tub. Lol

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2022, 08:26:40 AM »

And it would be well earned. And I'd go enjoy your hate with a dip in the hot tub. Lol
The heat doesn't work so well in the downstairs powder room. I swear I was pissing icicles.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2022, 08:47:20 AM »

The heat doesn't work so well in the downstairs powder room. I swear I was pissing icicles.
I don't usually have the heating vent open in that one, cause the rest of the basement warms it enough, but I have it open with the door closed now, hoping the warmth will help dry out the water that got behind the walls. Access panel open with the heat going should do the trick. Plumber friend of mine is coming by tomorrow morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »

I don't usually have the heating vent open in that one, cause the rest of the basement warms it enough, but I have it open with the door closed now, hoping the warmth will help dry out the water that got behind the walls. Access panel open with the heat going should do the trick. Plumber friend of mine is coming by tomorrow morning.
Source still not found? Could it be a grout/caulk issue?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 09:05:10 AM »

Oh no, I know the source, it's the sink drain in the wall in the upstairs bathroom, which is right above the downstairs one. I tried tightening the clamp back there, but that didn't help. Taking it apart and fixing it, especially being back behind the wall, is above my pay grade, so I'm happy to call in the pro.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 09:05:46 AM »

Oh no, I know the source, it's the sink drain in the wall in the upstairs bathroom, which is right above the downstairs one. I tried tightening the clamp back there, but that didn't help. Taking it apart and fixing it, especially being back behind the wall, is above my pay grade, so I'm happy to call in the pro.
Right where the drain for the sink connects to the pipe that runs down then out of the house is where the issue is.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »

Right where the drain for the sink connects to the pipe that runs down then out of the house is where the issue is.
So it's not even clean water. Ugh!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 09:19:04 AM »

Anything to make it just a little more gross! :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 09:44:57 AM »

If I had it all to do again, I might have become an electrician. Don't have the stomach for plumbing. I also think that if you are good, either of these professions are recession-proof.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 10:00:36 AM »

If I had it all to do again, I might have become an electrician. Don't have the stomach for plumbing. I also think that if you are good, either of these professions are recession-proof.
Agreed. Plumbing is my nemesis, but you can certainly make a hell of a living in either field.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!