CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: 6/10/2014  (Read 119159 times)

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 6/10/2014
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »

Evening men!!! Just had a blast mowing the lawn...front and back!!! Pretty productive day with work...and yardwork!!! Big wigs in town tomorrow to introduce the new 3 year business plan...called " Our Desired State". Told I could plan on being in this fucking meeting all day. That is NOT my desired state!!!! I get it..sell more, spend less....meeting over!!!
So glad I don't have to put up with that BS anymore.  It gets so deep, you don't need boots and a shovel, you need a back hoe and a front loader.  Worst part is, they actually expect you to belive that line of crap!!  Evening Sooner!
Yeah, because after all the key to increasing staff productivity and efficiency is just giving them a plan with a name.
Indeed..a fancy selling slogan sells itself!!! Evening Bret!!!

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:52 PM »

Evening men!!! Just had a blast mowing the lawn...front and back!!! Pretty productive day with work...and yardwork!!! Big wigs in town tomorrow to introduce the new 3 year business plan...called " Our Desired State". Told I could plan on being in this fucking meeting all day. That is NOT my desired state!!!! I get it..sell more, spend less....meeting over!!!

sucks sometimes to middle management Jeff.

Yes..it does, Deano!!! I make ZERO decisions but yet I have to sit there, look interested and pleased even though I don't agree with what we are doing. Drinking the Kool-Aid my friend!!!

And then the plan to get to the desired state is based on some insane, impossible shit. 

"Laws of thermodynamics slowing you down?  THAT'S THE PAST!  Our 3 year plan is simple:  we'll improve efficiency with perpetual motion devices."
Will..I think you are on to something. Sounds good to me!!!

glassken

« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »

I like the pies!
Hershey's Creme Pie from Edward's Line is my favorite.  I wait for BOGO at Publix then stock up.
No wonder the gulf state region leads the nation in Edward's sales...we NEVER have a BOGO here.
Schwan's is popular here, and we are fat asses here. Perfect demographic. And we like pies.

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2014, 08:47:06 PM »

Hopefully the powers to be remember I told them the overhead projector has a burned out bulb 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they tested all of what the need today before tomorrow or I'll be out looking for a new blub!!!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »

Yeah, because after all the key to increasing staff productivity and efficiency is just giving them a plan with a name.-----raz-----You have no idea how many times I proved to them that if they gave me $ for new equipment, they would get the investment back in 3 months, then see a 10 fold increase in efficiencies the next 9 months.  The answer was always "NO".  All American corporations see is this quarter's bottom line.  They have no vision.   The Japanese, however, see 10 years down the road.   
Yup.  They want the stock price up, but they never want to take the hits in the short term that will allow the stock price to really soar in the long term.  Stupid.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #575 on: June 10, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »

So glad I don't have to put up with that BS anymore.  It gets so deep, you don't need boots and a shovel, you need a back hoe and a front loader.  Worst part is, they actually expect you to belive that line of crap!!  Evening Sooner!
Yeah, because after all the key to increasing staff productivity and efficiency is just giving them a plan with a name.
Boomer Sooner.  How the hail are yuh?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #576 on: June 10, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »

warden's home. logging off.
pussy!
Nah, she probably won't let him have any of that either.

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #577 on: June 10, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »

I like the pies!
Hershey's Creme Pie from Edward's Line is my favorite.  I wait for BOGO at Publix then stock up.
No wonder the gulf state region leads the nation in Edward's sales...we NEVER have a BOGO here.
Schwan's is popular here, and we are fat asses here. Perfect demographic. And we like pies.
Home service side sucks...they lose $$$$$ every year but the Consumer Brands side (me) Red Baron, Tony's, Freschetta, Edwards and Mrs. Smith pies hold our own. Food service side does well, too!!! schools, prisons, sports arena's, etc.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #578 on: June 10, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »

Congrats Ken...looks like when we get to 300, we achieve Associate Status!!! ;D
I kid you not, I had to read that twice - the first time I thought it said Asshole status.
That would be very fitting!
Recommendation to Ken: Never use the words asshole and fitting in the same sentence here.  It's just asking for trouble.

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »

Livin' the dream, Bret...how are you?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #580 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:52 PM »

Yeah, because after all the key to increasing staff productivity and efficiency is just giving them a plan with a name.-----raz-----You have no idea how many times I proved to them that if they gave me $ for new equipment, they would get the investment back in 3 months, then see a 10 fold increase in efficiencies the next 9 months.  The answer was always "NO".  All American corporations see is this quarter's bottom line.  They have no vision.   The Japanese, however, see 10 years down the road.   

Its even more impressive when you consider just how ingrained the Yakuza is into big business over there (and more and more so in recent years as opposed to ye olden days of finger slicing). 

Their gangsters have more foresight than our corporate executives.
And so do ours.
I'm not sure it's foresight.  Gangsters just don't have to play by the rules, so they can increase performance on demand.  When people know you're quite prepared to kill them, they tend to be very cooperative.  And if you're a gangster, you can take your profit whenever you want...short term, mid-term, long term.  That's not foresight, that's just ruthlessness.

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »

Evening King!!! Yeah..not looking forward to tomorrow. Just need to put on my happy face for the sales reps. knowing the whole time the plan is complete crap!!! I've already seen the 15 min video out new CEO sent out last month that the VP's are out selling tomorrow.
Just sit there, grin, and bear it.  Think about your 401k growing.  You have no idea how many "restructuring" meetings I had to sit through, with them telling me how their new restructuring plan was going to "FIX EVERYTHING". All the while, I'm thinking to myself, "This is the 8th restructuring plan in the last 4 years, and each one of those was going to FIX EVERYTHING."  Never once did they mention that all their other ideas and plans were total failures, because they refused to listen to the people that were actually doing the work.     

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

Livin' the dream, Bret...how are you?
I just gotta make it to the 15th of June.  That's when the graduations are over, the weddings are over, schools out, the youth work goes on hiatus for summer, most of the kin go home, and I get to just focus on work and my motorcycle.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »

A'ight, boys, I had to work late, now shutting down to drive home.  #2 son's birthday tonight.  I'll check on y'all later.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »

Its even more impressive when you consider just how ingrained the Yakuza is into big business over there (and more and more so in recent years as opposed to ye olden days of finger slicing). 

Their gangsters have more foresight than our corporate executives.
And so do ours.
I'm not sure it's foresight.  Gangsters just don't have to play by the rules, so they can increase performance on demand.  When people know you're quite prepared to kill them, they tend to be very cooperative.  And if you're a gangster, you can take your profit whenever you want...short term, mid-term, long term.  That's not foresight, that's just ruthlessness.

Even if in their ruthlessness they have decided to walk down the valley and fuck them all, as the joke goes, that shows greater understanding than our side of things. 
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42