« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just another day in paradise.  Afternoon, Tony.
Good to see you, Joe.  Whiskey even last night?
It's tonight and I probably won't make it.
Sorry to hear it.

« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just the normal things....talking about parenting and Littlefish freeballin'
Freeballin' is one of my favorite Tom Petty songs.

« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »

Yea, and you probably drink and smoke in front of them as well...scarred for life, they don't stand a chance...seek counseling now.
Yeah, I'm a real hardass.  I let them shoot my guns, and have swordfights with real swords.  And I make them endure cold, wet weekends on mountain trails and sailboats, and do chores, and earn their own money.  And if their grades drop below A's and B's they have to endure long, loud lectures from me and do physical labor.  And if they sass their mama they get a quick demonstration that dad studied various martial arts. I'm a hardass.

Funny though, everybody tells me I have terrific sons.  Polite, they say.  Generous.  Humble.  Take the initiative.  Smart.  Look out for others.  So they're surviving despite my manifold incompetence.
or because of it!  I remember when my 30 year oldss were 25 years younger, I was shopping with them in a supermarket.  They started to act up, i quietly counted "one,     two..." and they stopped fooling around and sat still in the shopping cart.  Another parent came up to me, and asked how did I get them to behave on a quiet One, two?  I told her if you get to three, you have to spank them.
What a fucking concept!  Do you mean you didn't reason with them and explain that they should not be acting like that because it wasn't nice?
I seemed to remember my dad had the end post from a lawn croquet game sitting on the china cabinet ledge, next to the dining room table by his seat. it had the eight or six colors from the game painted in rings on it.  basically a 2 to 3 foot broom handle.  if you were acting up at the dinner table, he would ask if we wanted to pick a color.  We never actually got hit with it.  My father didn't have to count, he had "the look"
Sounds harsh. Did he threaten to insert it to a certain color to start things off? "You've already got green flip, want to go for blue?"
Tell us about YOUR childhood fishy....it's not always about insertion for the rest of us....
Not really, it's a valid question. How else do you explain the color system?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just another day in paradise.  Afternoon, Tony.
Good to see you, Joe.  Whiskey even last night?
It's tonight and I probably won't make it.
Sorry to hear it.
It's life.  My own fault.  Came to grips with that about three hours and 15 pages ago.  All stuff I own or have had many times, anyway.  Theme is 'value whiskey', aka stuff that drinks well above it's 'bottom shelf' price point.  Kinda my wheelhouse with whiskey.  I was actually supposed to be the presenter, haha.  Suckers.  That'll teach them to give me any responsibilities around alcohol.  I just want to go, get buzzed, and do some booze shopping, not try to actually "teach" anything.  Buzzkill, ya know?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #394 on: June 10, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »

[...]

My parents were stricter than yours.  My kids just won the Son and Daughter of the Year awards and we're only in June.  So suck it.
Logged

KC

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 6/10/2014
« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »

What's up post whores?
Afternoon Sir Antnee, Prince of Pasta Fagioli!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/10/2014
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just the normal things....talking about parenting and Littlefish freeballin'
Freeballin' is one of my favorite Tom Petty songs.
LMAO! Howdy Tony....and what are the spambots doing?

« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just the normal things....talking about parenting and Littlefish freeballin'
Don't knock it, it's quite liberating
I forgot clean boxer-briefs for after the gym the other day.
So I guess you're joining Fishy in the free swingers club?
Logged

glassken

« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »

Another school shooting, this time in OR. Sheesh. At least no deaths reported yet.

Christ, can't kids just kick the shit out of each other and be done with like I use to do in my day?

That's what I was thinking.

Whatever happened to fist fights? A couple swings, roll around in the dirt a couple minutes and end up with a black eye or a bloody lip. OVER!
Probably get in more trouble at school for that these days.  Amazed at how people are no longer allowed to resolve conflicts on their own.  Not that everything is best solved with physical confrontation - most isn't after childhood - but sometimes someone just need a good ol' fashioned ass kicking.

True. Bulling was/is always there though. Things were just handled differently back before you could get e-blasted on social media. So, now 'everybody' knows about it... in just a few keystrokes. Truth, or not.

This is a difficult age for some to balance. Meaning, finding out who you are vs. not drawing too much attention to yourself and worrying what others think.

Me... I didn't give a shit what 'those' kids thought. Not much has changed I suppose. heh.
I'm glad there are so many idiots in this world to serve as a bad example for my kids.  Social media sites had such promise and there are certainly benefits to them.  I can't completely bash them on what is essentially a social media site here!  But the good brings bad - over exposure, comparing yourself to false fronts from others, etc.  People just need to learn to separate their 'online' world with their 'real' world.  They really should not cross over much.  I can't stand seeing constant updates from people on Facebook.  I have MOST people blocked, so I just see whatever local interest groups I'm involved with since Facebook serves as more of a 'mass email' source than anything else.

IMO, with all due respect, etc.

As for me, I just worry about my own shit.  If other people want to destroy their lives, more power to them.
Social media appeals to, and brings out some very base instincts in modern humans. We know/sense the fact that others are seeing these comments, and react with disdain, or bully tendencies. I see very little good in it as it is utilized currently. Except this site--WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!

« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »

Hairs cut and working the rest of the afternoon from home...woohoo!

« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »

[...]

But aren't they your only son and daughter?  Not much of a contest is it?

« Reply #401 on: June 10, 2014, 03:17:51 PM »

What's up post whores?
Just the normal things....talking about parenting and Littlefish freeballin'
Freeballin' is one of my favorite Tom Petty songs.
+1  Proud of that one Antnee?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #402 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »

[...]

I think we all hold our children in much higher regards than ANYONE else does.  Also hoping to repeat my #1 Dad award that I received last Father's Day, got a commemorative coffee mug to prove it.

« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:45 PM »

[...]

littlefish I'm sorry, I didn't realize you would view it as a depth gauge, no, he just meant it as a "cute way" to say, do you want me to hit you with this? I can't ask him now, he's been dead for 35 years...

« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »

What's up post whores?
Afternoon Sir Antnee, Prince of Pasta Fagioli!
Nice to see you on during the day, KC.  Got stuck on a production problem since before 9:AM.  In the end, the issue had to do with some idiot fat fingering a script he wrote and implemented over a month ago... AND NO ONE FUCKING NOTICED UNTIL TODAY?!?!  By the way, it wasn't my fat fingers, so fuck you, Scott.