« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »

Dang, 18 comes quick over here, and never on the CI banter. Good morning, lawn has been mowed and sprayed. Could be cigar time.
What is this banter is speak about? I'm afraid I have forgotten it.
id like to do a CI post free Wednesday. It would be interesting to see no posts on that banter, but Chip will fill two pages by himself.
I will stop when I hit 30,000 over there.
+1

« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »

Dang, 18 comes quick over here, and never on the CI banter. Good morning, lawn has been mowed and sprayed. Could be cigar time.
What is this banter is speak about? I'm afraid I have forgotten it.
id like to do a CI post free Wednesday. It would be interesting to see no posts on that banter, but Chip will fill two pages by himself.
I will stop when I hit 30,000 over there.
+1
Do we do +1's here?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »

Dang, 18 comes quick over here, and never on the CI banter. Good morning, lawn has been mowed and sprayed. Could be cigar time.
What is this banter is speak about? I'm afraid I have forgotten it.
id like to do a CI post free Wednesday. It would be interesting to see no posts on that banter, but Chip will fill two pages by himself.
Yeah, I don't get why he's posting to nobody over there...
Tradition and obligation.
I have no loyalties, haha.  For years we bitched and moaned and longed for something better, and we got it.

« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »

How can I ship a bottle of booze, usps will not take it?
Because your shipping olive oil

« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »

How can I ship a bottle of booze, usps will not take it?
Don't tell them it's booze...I have shipped booze with them before, just say it's a liquid and that's it
Nailed it.  Although I'd go with UPS or FedEx for this. Don't ask, don't tell.  If for some reason they DO ask, just say it's olive oil or something.  The employee at the store doesn't actually give a shit.  If you're paranoid about the 'slushing' of the liquid, get a box of mac & cheese or something, and the rattling will cover it up.
Amen Joey!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #320 on: June 10, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »

Before everyone gets all literal and bent out of shape, I should say that I have no loyalties to a site/person who has no loyalty to me.

« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »

Dang, 18 comes quick over here, and never on the CI banter. Good morning, lawn has been mowed and sprayed. Could be cigar time.
What is this banter is speak about? I'm afraid I have forgotten it.
id like to do a CI post free Wednesday. It would be interesting to see no posts on that banter, but Chip will fill two pages by himself.
I will stop when I hit 30,000 over there.
+1
Do we do +1's here?
Certainly appears so

« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »

Dang, 18 comes quick over here, and never on the CI banter. Good morning, lawn has been mowed and sprayed. Could be cigar time.
What is this banter is speak about? I'm afraid I have forgotten it.
id like to do a CI post free Wednesday. It would be interesting to see no posts on that banter, but Chip will fill two pages by himself.
Yeah, I don't get why he's posting to nobody over there...
Tradition and obligation.
I have no loyalties, haha.  For years we bitched and moaned and longed for something better, and we got it.
Yeah, I just really can't believe it came from Tony, no offense, go fuck Tony

« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2014, 01:17:48 PM »

Before everyone gets all literal and bent out of shape, I should say that I have no loyalties to a site/person who has no loyalty to me.
Relax, we know you're not a Golden Retriever

« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »

Before everyone gets all literal and bent out of shape, I should say that I have no loyalties to a site/person who has no loyalty to me.
Relax, we know you're not a Golden Retriever
LOL! +1(from the guy with a golden) :)

« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »

Haircut time, check in after...stay safe!

« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »

Before everyone gets all literal and bent out of shape, I should say that I have no loyalties to a site/person who has no loyalty to me.
Relax, we know you're not a Golden Retriever
LOL! +1(from the guy with a golden) :)
Shaun, my only complaint is that your avi is not bigger
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 6/10/2014
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »

Before everyone gets all literal and bent out of shape, I should say that I have no loyalties to a site/person who has no loyalty to me.
Relax, we know you're not a Golden Retriever
Although, having to actually post an explanation illustrates how easy it is for some folks to take things the wrong way... or like how Tony has to explain a joke. ;)

« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »

Another school shooting, this time in OR. Sheesh. At least no deaths reported yet.

Christ, can't kids just kick the shit out of each other and be done with like I use to do in my day?

That's what I was thinking.

Whatever happened to fist fights? A couple swings, roll around in the dirt a couple minutes and end up with a black eye or a bloody lip. OVER!
Probably get in more trouble at school for that these days.  Amazed at how people are no longer allowed to resolve conflicts on their own.  Not that everything is best solved with physical confrontation - most isn't after childhood - but sometimes someone just need a good ol' fashioned ass kicking.

True. Bulling was/is always there though. Things were just handled differently back before you could get e-blasted on social media. So, now 'everybody' knows about it... in just a few keystrokes. Truth, or not.

This is a difficult age for some to balance. Meaning, finding out who you are vs. not drawing too much attention to yourself and worrying what others think.

Me... I didn't give a shit what 'those' kids thought. Not much has changed I suppose. heh.
I'm glad there are so many idiots in this world to serve as a bad example for my kids.  Social media sites had such promise and there are certainly benefits to them.  I can't completely bash them on what is essentially a social media site here!  But the good brings bad - over exposure, comparing yourself to false fronts from others, etc.  People just need to learn to separate their 'online' world with their 'real' world.  They really should not cross over much.  I can't stand seeing constant updates from people on Facebook.  I have MOST people blocked, so I just see whatever local interest groups I'm involved with since Facebook serves as more of a 'mass email' source than anything else.

IMO, with all due respect, etc.

As for me, I just worry about my own shit.  If other people want to destroy their lives, more power to them.
Bullying behavior always has the same genetic makeup - speaking physically and metaphorically.  Bullies are born to bullies, raised in bullying environments, and the phenomena perpetuates itself via nature and nurture.  The notion that a school system, whether public or private, can mitigate the behavior is ludicrous.  Notwithstanding the fact that teachers tend to be the type of people that seek reasoned responses first, teachers simply don't have the relational basis with students to modify hostile behavior.  What no one wants to admit is that a victim of bullying only has two recourses - to put distance between themselves and the antagonist - a near impossibility in most school systems - or violent physical response.  The violence doesn't have to extend to using deadly weapons, but when we teach people to be victims by telling them not to fight back and penalizing them if they defend themselves we create little kegs of dynamite that will keep trying to be peaceful until the stress of it causes them to snap and they do themselves or others in.

My dad taught me from early childhood that to exist in society one must learn how to take a punch without crumbling, and by the same token to learn that most fistfights end after the first punch, and the winner is the one who lands that first punch.  That's how I survived having to move to nine different schools in five cities in four states before I got to high school.  In each new school someone inevitably felt the need to take the measure of me, because I was always the short, skinny, new guy.  The pattern was consistent - somebody'd push me around, I'd pop them in the eye, and usually after that we became friends, some of them are still friends to this day, over 40 years later.  My sons, who will attend only three schools to finish high school, have not often had to implement those measures - only once so far - but I taught it to them.   At the same time I taught them to come to the defense of others when needed, which requires the same skillset of knowing how to take and deliver a punch.  Like Jon Meis last week here in Seattle (look him up if you haven't heard the name).  But all but a few of my son's teachers are horrified to learn I teach my sons such a barbarian world view. Call me Infidel.

Okay, sorry to jump on the soapbox, but y'all hit close to home for me.

« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »

How can I ship a bottle of booze, usps will not take it?
Don't tell them it's booze...I have shipped booze with them before, just say it's a liquid and that's it
they ask if it's flammable and I ain't fuckin with the post office, they got Capone
Just about anything's flammable if you put fire on it.