CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: 6/10/2014  (Read 119143 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 6/10/2014
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »

love the avi NJDave.
Keep posting, yeah, keep posting...

Wait, what?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »

sorry guys, was finishing up the mowing at camp. the ex President wanted me to wait for it to dry out more. told him it was plenty dry for me and if do it now I wiuldn't get a chance until next week. so fuck you. wacking weeds next, after an Oliva O and coffee.
Afternoon, Dean. I think you're supposed to smoke AFTER you wack.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »

Holy post whores, Batman!  I leave you guys for a little bit to attend to a crises and this is what you do?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »

Holy post whores, Batman!  I leave you guys for a little bit to attend to a crises and this is what you do?
GFY! Gotta get my post-count back up!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »

Morning, all.  Everyone's busy working here this morning, sheesh.  The day just started, pace yourselves.

Morning, Joe.

So go ahead and ease in. We're waiting to see if you even made it to the whiskey tasting or not....

It's tonight.  Tasting at 7pm.  My class starts at 6:30 and runs for a good two hours.  Doubtful that I'll get to the event.
Don't want to go skipping class first semester.
Pretty much!  I could.  There are of course ways to still get credit for it.  But I'd catch absolute HELL from the wife, haha.  Not worth it, yet.
There's a motivator you can't ignore.
Yep.  And it's something we talked about before I started with school.  It comes before whiskey and cigars.  It hasn't been long yet but the adjustment has been crazy.  For now, she's been good enough to let me just go outside while she entertains the kids so I can relax with a smoke while I've got some 'down' time on weekends.  Giving credit where credit is due.  Smoking during the online lectures is fun, too.
Where being drunk during class is almost ok... :)
Morning CabiWacky!
Morning, Shaun.  Tough going back to school after graduating 9 years ago.  I 'know' that the textbook stuff is nice and all, and necessary to get through, but ultimately things are much different in the 'real world'.  Textbook knowledge is great, but you need practical knowledge. And you get practical knowledge by DOING it, not reading about it.  But you have to read about it before someone will pay you to do it.

Sheesh.

But none of this is meant to be a complaint, despite it being Tuesday.  It was my decision to go back to school so I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

dwgbryant

« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

sorry guys, was finishing up the mowing at camp. the ex President wanted me to wait for it to dry out more. told him it was plenty dry for me and if do it now I wiuldn't get a chance until next week. so fuck you. wacking weeds next, after an Oliva O and coffee.

I do things differently Steve. but I think that's smoke after sex. seeing how I get no sex, I smoke whenever.

dwgbryant

« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »

hey, don't blame me, I was working.

it's all your fault Tony.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Morning, all.  Everyone's busy working here this morning, sheesh.  The day just started, pace yourselves.

Morning, Joe.

So go ahead and ease in. We're waiting to see if you even made it to the whiskey tasting or not....

It's tonight.  Tasting at 7pm.  My class starts at 6:30 and runs for a good two hours.  Doubtful that I'll get to the event.
Don't want to go skipping class first semester.
Pretty much!  I could.  There are of course ways to still get credit for it.  But I'd catch absolute HELL from the wife, haha.  Not worth it, yet.
There's a motivator you can't ignore.
Yep.  And it's something we talked about before I started with school.  It comes before whiskey and cigars.  It hasn't been long yet but the adjustment has been crazy.  For now, she's been good enough to let me just go outside while she entertains the kids so I can relax with a smoke while I've got some 'down' time on weekends.  Giving credit where credit is due.  Smoking during the online lectures is fun, too.
Where being drunk during class is almost ok... :)
Morning CabiWacky!
Morning, Shaun.  Tough going back to school after graduating 9 years ago.  I 'know' that the textbook stuff is nice and all, and necessary to get through, but ultimately things are much different in the 'real world'.  Textbook knowledge is great, but you need practical knowledge. And you get practical knowledge by DOING it, not reading about it.  But you have to read about it before someone will pay you to do it.

Sheesh.

But none of this is meant to be a complaint, despite it being Tuesday.  It was my decision to go back to school so I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Completely agree...nothing better than real world experience.  Still surprises me we allow advanced degrees, Masters, Doc, etc, without real world experience...but that's another topic for another day :) 

I have tangled with the idea of going back many times(wife is also, and planning kids, etc), just need to finalize what I want to go back for, but something is better than nothing!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »

Crisis? What, did they run out of sweet 'n low in the breakroom?!?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »

I do things differently Steve. but I think that's smoke after sex. seeing how I get no sex, I smoke whenever.

HA! I was thinking you could just have another smoke. Who the fuck cares!?! ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »

Ran out of tp mid-shit...but if you attended the crisis, maybe helping out another colleague with the same issue? :P

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

Just as long as you don't try to do it during. Seems like that would sting a bit.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »

Ran out of tp mid-shit...but if you attended the crisis, maybe helping out another colleague with the same issue? :P

Tony was there, but couldn't spare a square.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »

Just as long as you don't try to do it during. Seems like that would sting a bit.
Watch that ash!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »

Maybe the vending machine was out of Doritos. I mean, it is almost lunch time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42