CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 20, 2017, 12:00:22 AM

Title: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on February 20, 2017, 12:00:22 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 01:03:11 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 01:04:56 AM
Happy Gurkha Monday!

Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 06:08:45 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 06:16:55 AM
It is obvious Presidents Day is for Mattress Sales NOT Cigar Deals!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 06:18:32 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Hell of a storm line through here, 70 mph winds and  rain coming down at hurricane rates.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 06:35:34 AM
Guess I did not get the memo about the Banter closing for Presidents Day Holiday.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 06:55:55 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 06:58:19 AM
It is obvious Presidents Day is for Mattress Sales NOT Cigar Deals!
So you're not going to jump on a Gurkha Black Ops Rubicon or a Lucious Lion?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:00:34 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:02:29 AM
It is obvious Presidents Day is for Mattress Sales NOT Cigar Deals!
So you're not going to jump on a Gurkha Black Ops Rubicon or a Lucious Lion?

Not even an almost $6 Oliva Connie at the Monster.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 07:02:36 AM
Today is Monday, Feb. 20, the 51st day of 2017. There are 314 days left in the year. This is Presidents Day.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Feb. 20, 1942, Lt. Edward "Butch" O'Hare became the U.S. Navy's first flying ace of World War II by shooting down five Japanese bombers while defending the aircraft carrier USS Lexington in the South Pacific. (O'Hare, a recipient of the Medal of Honor, was killed in action in 1943; Chicago's O'Hare International Airport is named for him.)

On this date:

In 1792, President George Washington signed an act creating the United States Post Office Department.

In 1816, the opera buffa "The Barber of Seville" by Gioachino Rossini premiered in Rome under its original title, "Almaviva, or the Useless Precaution."

In 1862, William Wallace Lincoln, the 11-year-old son of President Abraham Lincoln and first lady Mary Todd Lincoln, died at the White House, apparently of typhoid fever.

In 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt signed an immigration act which excluded "idiots, imbeciles, feebleminded persons, epileptics, insane persons" from being admitted to the United States.

In 1915, the Panama Pacific International Exposition opened in San Francisco (the fair lasted until December).

In 1938, Anthony Eden resigned as British foreign secretary following Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's decision to negotiate with Italian dictator Benito Mussolini.

In 1950, the U.S. Supreme Court, in United States v. Rabinowitz, ruled 5-3 that authorities making a lawful arrest did not need a warrant to search and seize evidence in an area that was in the "immediate and complete control" of the suspect.

In 1962, astronaut John Glenn became the first American to orbit the Earth as he flew aboard Project Mercury's Friendship 7 spacecraft.

In 1971, the National Emergency Warning Center in Colorado erroneously ordered U.S. radio and TV stations off the air; some stations heeded the alert, which was not lifted for about 40 minutes.

In 1987, a bomb left by Unabomber Ted Kaczynski exploded behind a computer store in Salt Lake City, seriously injuring store owner Gary Wright. Soviet authorities released Jewish activist Josef Begun.

In 1998, Tara Lipinski of the U.S. won the ladies' figure skating gold medal at the Nagano Olympics; fellow American Michelle Kwan won the silver.

In 2003, a fire sparked by pyrotechnics broke out during a concert by the group Great White at The Station nightclub in West Warwick, Rhode Island, killing 100 people and injuring about 200 others.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 07:03:04 AM
Ten years ago: In a victory for President George W. Bush, a divided federal appeals court ruled that Guantanamo Bay detainees could not use the U.S. court system to challenge their indefinite imprisonment. In New Orleans, thousands of hurricane-weary residents joined with rowdy visitors to celebrate the second Mardi Gras since Katrina.

Five years ago: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev (dih-MEE'-tree med-VYEH'-dyev) held an unprecedented meeting with opposition leaders, who said they were encouraged by his promises to make it easier for anti-Kremlin parties to take part in elections. Former senator and astronaut John Glenn celebrated the 50th anniversary of his history-making space flight at Ohio State University by kicking off a forum about NASA's future.

One year ago: Six people were shot to death in the Kalamazoo, Michigan, area; an Uber driver is charged with murder and attempted murder in the apparently random attacks. Donald Trump barreled to victory in South Carolina's Republican primary; Hillary Clinton pulled out a crucial win over Bernie Sanders in Nevada's Democratic caucuses. A funeral Mass was held for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington. Lindsey Vonn clinched a record 20th World Cup crystal globe title in La Thuile (lah tweel), Italy, surpassing Swedish great Ingemar Stenmark.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 07:03:32 AM
Today's Birthdays: Gloria Vanderbilt is 93. Actor Sidney Poitier is 90. Racing Hall of Famer Bobby Unser is 83. Actress Marj Dusay is 81. Jazz-soul singer Nancy Wilson is 80. Racing Hall of Famer Roger Penske is 80. Singer-songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie is 76. Hockey Hall-of-Famer Phil Esposito is 75. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is 75. Movie director Mike Leigh is 74. Actress Brenda Blethyn is 71. Actress Sandy Duncan is 71. Rock musician J. Geils is 71. Actor Peter Strauss is 70. Rock musician Billy Zoom (X) is 69. Rock singer-musician-producer Walter Becker (Steely Dan) is 67. Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown is 66. Country singer Kathie Baillie is 66. Actor John Voldstad is 66. Newspaper heiress Patricia Hearst is 63. Actor Anthony Stewart Head is 63. Country singer Leland Martin is 60. Actor James Wilby is 59. Rock musician Sebastian Steinberg is 58. Comedian Joel Hodgson (HAHD'-suhn) is 57. Basketball Hall-of-Famer Charles Barkley is 54. Rock musician Ian Brown (Stone Roses) is 54. Actor Willie Garson is 53. Actor French Stewart is 53. Actor Ron Eldard is 52. Model Cindy Crawford is 51. Actor Andrew Shue is 50. Actress Lili Taylor is 50. Actress Andrea Savage is 44. Singer Brian Littrell is 42. Actress Lauren Ambrose is 39. Actor Jay Hernandez is 39. Actress Chelsea Peretti is 39. Country musician Coy Bowles is 38. Actress Majandra Delfino is 36. Singer-musician Chris Thile (THEE'-lee) is 36. Actress-singer Jessie Mueller is 34. Comedian Trevor Noah is 33. Actor Jake Richardson is 32. Actress Daniella Pineda is 30. Singer Rihanna is 29. Actor Jack Falahee is 28.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 07:03:59 AM
Thought for Today: "There is no hope of joy except in human relations." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery, French author-aviator (1900-1944).
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 07:05:39 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:17:30 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.
We had Mexican storms which are moving into Houston now.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:34:55 AM
@ NASCAR Fans, some interesting new Cup Rules for this year, they might actually add some interest to the racing.  This is a good overview with the first thing noted is a new Name for the series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (guess Sprint was too broke to continue).

 There are some interesting new rules surrounding the Daytona 500 this season. As will be the case with all races in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series this year, there will be three stages to the race, with points being awarded after each.

 Kenny Bruce of NASCAR's website  broke down  how the point system will work with multiple stages:
Upon the completion of each of the first two stages, drivers finishing first through 10th will be awarded additional points (10th for first, nine for second, etc.) that will be included in their final total for that race only. Additionally, one point per stage win will be awarded to those drivers qualifying for the 10-race playoff at the end of the season. Race-winning drivers also will earn five bonus points per win to be applied following the completion of the regular season.

 For Daytona, there will be two 60-lap stages, followed by an 80-lap final stage.

According to NASCAR senior vice president Scott Miller, Daytona's stages were specifically set at 40 percent, 40 percent and 60 percent in order to play to the excitement of the race.

"We had to kind of set the stages to where they landed as far away from a fuel window as they possibly could-so the teams could either make it to the stage finish or guaranteed that they would have to stop before they made it to the stage finish so we wouldn't turn these races into fuel-mileage races," Miller  explained  , per Bob Pockrass of ESPN.com.

Other new rules at Daytona this year affect how cars can be repaired during the race. Cars may no longer go to the garage to fix damage. Instead, they're given a five-minute window to fix problems on the pit road. If repairs take longer than five minutes or require more than six crew members to help fix the vehicle, the car will be pulled from the race.

New body components, such as panels, are not allowed. Cars will be able to visit the repair garage to fix mechanical or electrical issues that were not the result of a collision.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:39:28 AM
Chase Elliot and Dale Earnheart, Jr will be starting on the front row of the 2017 Daytona 500.

Daytona 500
 When: Sunday, February 26
 Time: 2 p.m. ET
 National TV: Fox
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 07:42:59 AM
Morning Mayor, storming like a mudder fudder here.
Saw you were going to get a continuation of the California storms in your neighborhood.
Morning Travellin Dave, storms have passed and only light rain now and should all be gone before lunch.  Nice weather for the remainder of the week.
More California storms, but they look to go north of you.
We had Mexican storms which are moving into Houston now.
Indeed.  That was a wild ride last night (TWSS).
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:44:43 AM
Let's get to the more important news!

If you’ve ever been so blessed to feel the semi-soft touch of cheap Snuggie fleece against your skin, you likely weren’t wondering whether or not it should be classified as clothing or a blanket — you were just immersed in peak coziness. The Justice Department, however, took a break from more frivolous matters at hand to finally take on the pressing matter of Snuggie categorization.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/02/rude-court-says-a-snuggie-is-a-blanket-not-clothing.html

Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 07:45:12 AM
Morning, Daves.  Even our deaf and half-blind old dog heard and saw the storm last night.  It even blew a train off it's tracks up here. http://kxan.com/2017/02/20/strong-wind-blows-train-off-tracks-in-williamson-co/ (http://kxan.com/2017/02/20/strong-wind-blows-train-off-tracks-in-williamson-co/)
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 07:48:24 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:50:01 AM
Morning BS & Bean
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:50:32 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 07:54:06 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:55:10 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:56:29 AM
And some sports news humor for today, pretty funny drunk story.

Former Longhorn Cedric Benson charged with DWI

http://kxan.com/2017/02/19/former-longhorn-cedric-benson-charged-with-dwi/

Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: sfish on February 20, 2017, 07:59:39 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 08:02:05 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:02:16 AM
Morning Mother Fish, practicing to be like Tony?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:03:10 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Jealous Bastige!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 08:06:24 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:06:34 AM
Strangest thing is the Warden basically works for a foreign government and she has Presidents Day and MLK Day both off neither of which did she ever get off with the company before the takeover.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:09:35 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100
Speaking of JR, this code is supposed to be good for 15% off orders over $30 during February.

JRDOJO1
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:11:15 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.
Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Nice option actually
Sheesh.  You either have today off or get yo azz to work.  None of this inbetween we-really-can't-decide-so-let's-just-add-it-to-everyone's-vacation days bullschitt.
Think it originated with companies getting a lot of blowback from not giving off MLK day.  They then pulled President's day and made it optional as a floater so you could pick one or the other.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:12:00 AM
Morning Bean, Steve and StayAtHomeFishy.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:17:28 AM
Strangest thing is the Warden basically works for a foreign government and she has Presidents Day and MLK Day both off neither of which did she ever get off with the company before the takeover.
And it's still less days off that the company probably gives at their home location.

I remember when some companies used to give off Good Friday, much of Europe still does as well as Easter Monday and a number of other Christian holidays.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 08:19:41 AM
Strangest thing is the Warden basically works for a foreign government and she has Presidents Day and MLK Day both off neither of which did she ever get off with the company before the takeover.
And it's still less days off that the company probably gives at their home location.

I remember when some companies used to give off Good Friday, much of Europe still does as well as Easter Monday and a number of other Christian holidays.
Easter Monday?  Europeans, sheesh.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:20:49 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: sfish on February 20, 2017, 08:24:34 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100
Yes they have always had auctions, never seemed to be too much of interest though and I never really followed it
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: sfish on February 20, 2017, 08:29:25 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Morning Tony, smoked the Amazon Basin you gave me yesterday, very good cigar start to finish. I smoked it partially through the band
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 08:29:46 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00

Morning, Scott... Not sure if I'm late to the JR party, but noticed they are doing an auction from the email I received...

https://auctions.jrcigars.com/classic?~type-classic=on&page=1&results_per_page=100
Yes they have always had auctions, never seemed to be too much of interest though and I never really followed it

Yeah, not too much of interest, but I'll watch the 10er of LaBombas @$23... just to see what it does.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 08:32:22 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Happy Monday, TomJonesTony.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:34:03 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Speaking of floaters, I'll be right back.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:35:18 AM
Good morning boys! Working from home today, kind of. The kids are off and I'm taking them to a birthday party at 10:00
Sounds like fun ChuckyCheeseBiebs.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:36:19 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Morning Tony, smoked the Amazon Basin you gave me yesterday, very good cigar start to finish. I smoked it partially through the band
I still haven't tried one. (It's on the short list 😉) Smoking through the band is what you're supposed to do.

Edit: I'm aiming at having one this week.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:38:54 AM
Morning Mayor Tony.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 08:39:31 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Morning Tony, smoked the Amazon Basin you gave me yesterday, very good cigar start to finish. I smoked it partially through the band
I still haven't tried one. (It's on the short list 😉) Smoking through the band is what you're supposed to do.

Edit: I'm aiming at having one this week.
Your short list is pretty damn long!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:41:43 AM
G'Morning, Banter... The weather is still plenty nice here, but alas, no Holiday from the office this morning.
Bean's HR Department must be running your place too.

Could be. Seems most federal holidays here were converted to "floaters". Guess I could have taken it if I thought there was some benefit to having it off, but I'll just bank it for another time.
Speaking of floaters, I'll be right back.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:43:38 AM
What's new, pussycats?
Morning Tony, smoked the Amazon Basin you gave me yesterday, very good cigar start to finish. I smoked it partially through the band
I still haven't tried one. (It's on the short list 😉) Smoking through the band is what you're supposed to do.

Edit: I'm aiming at having one this week.
Your short list is pretty damn long!
Really, you should take some time off work for personal pleasures.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:47:03 AM
Morning Mayor Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Been invited to a herf on Thursday. Not sure yet if I'm going. Charlie told me to extend the invitation to all y'all but I believe you'll be out of town. He wants to go to the Leaf restaurant in PA. I believe it is affiliated with Famous.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:52:00 AM
[...]

why can't they just let them take their fastest car and go as fast as the can and whoever crosses the finish line wins?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:56:40 AM
[...]

Because that might make car racing too dangerous, sheesh Dean what are you thinking?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:57:16 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:59:22 AM
[...]

I'm confused. isn't that how NASCAR started? now when they race it looks like a bowling alley with bumpers in the gutters.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:00:57 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:01:27 AM
[...]

It's a new world out there Dean!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:03:18 AM
Good start at least, carpet installer called and they will be here around 9:30-10:00.  Sounds like a late start but around here that is an early start.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:06:34 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:07:32 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:09:42 AM
[...]

next thing you know they'll be putting road signs on the track, Yield Right Of Way, Merge Left, Watch For Slow Vehicles.
surprised they don't put GPS in the cars so they know where they're going.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:12:47 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:14:28 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:16:51 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:19:05 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:20:30 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
I'll put my own touches to it thank you. :-)
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 09:24:57 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Indeed.  Fly Fishy down there, he'll do you a right nice barn door.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:25:12 AM
good thing the trailer came furnished, I don't have a lot to move, just my junk, a dining room table and chairs, 2 curio cabinettes, a bed and love seat the lady is giving me, the landlord is leaving a coffee table, couch, bunk beds, and dresser. so it's mostly clothes, tools, kayaks, ond the office stuff including the archives stuff I'm responsible for now.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:29:39 AM
Guess I will get on with some chores.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:29:43 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Indeed.  Fly Fishy down there, he'll do you a right nice barn door.
and I can have you come down and put up my crown molding too Mark. we can have a party.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:31:16 AM
PDR's, sunglasses and hats at the Page, surprised they don't have mattresses today.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 09:32:07 AM
Morning Mayor Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Been invited to a herf on Thursday. Not sure yet if I'm going. Charlie told me to extend the invitation to all y'all but I believe you'll be out of town. He wants to go to the Leaf restaurant in PA. I believe it is affiliated with Famous.
You're right on both counts, but thanks for the offer.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 09:34:50 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
I'll put my own touches to it thank you. :-)
Shiplap and French doors?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 09:36:18 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Indeed.  Fly Fishy down there, he'll do you a right nice barn door.
Have to run a cable splice and power out to the shed.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 09:46:19 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Shiplap's expensive.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 09:48:00 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
I'll put my own touches to it thank you. :-)
Shiplap and French doors?
Dang it. Late again.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 09:48:22 AM
good morning guys. happy Monday.
BrickHouse maduro toro and coffee. going to drop in on the new landlord and have a talk this morning. I wrote him a post dated check for the security deposit to hold the house and he tried cashing it.
What new landlord?   Guess I missed that.
found a little 2 bedroom house to rent in the country. I move in March 1st have to be out of the trailer park March 2nd.
Ok, that sounds good.
the park increased my rent $50 a month starting in March. the house is $75 less a month.
Even better!  Got a screened area to smoke?
no, two sheds, I can use one as a man cave though.
Put the Fix'r Upper Joanna Touch to one of those sheds.
Indeed.  Fly Fishy down there, he'll do you a right nice barn door.
and I can have you come down and put up my crown molding too Mark. we can have a party.
We'll get the party part done anyway.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:59:08 AM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Ogie on February 20, 2017, 10:21:03 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 10:44:58 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Brings a box of Black Toro's down to $33.50 and White's to $26.90.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 10:58:09 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Brings a box of Black Toro's down to $33.50 and White's to $26.90.
Box of each and you save $295.76 :o. Better than a Gurkha deal!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 11:05:31 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Brings a box of Black Toro's down to $33.50 and White's to $26.90.
Box of each and you save $295.76 :o. Better than a Gurkha deal!
6 cigar Black & White Samplers $10 with the code.

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/p/sam-leccia-black-white-sampler-samplers/1509215/#p-214278
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 11:24:53 AM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 11:25:51 AM
Leccia  Lull?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 11:26:42 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 11:39:24 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 11:51:14 AM
Office Meeting Monday Lull?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 12:08:53 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
You need to start referring to it as "my list".  It's length is short in neither content nor time.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 12:11:22 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
Put the warden to work on some of those pressing items!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 12:11:55 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
You need to start referring to it as "my list".  It's length is short in neither content nor time.
LOL!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 12:12:09 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
You need to start referring to it as "my list".  It's length is short in neither content nor time.
I enjoy the irony.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
Need Raz here, we seem to have a language barrier with the carpet crew.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 12:27:38 PM
Seems I'm missing out on all the "Not My President's Day" activities... Here in GA they are actually playing off the Peach State with their "ImPEACHment" march... sounded clever I guess.  ::)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-presidents-day-protests-in-nyc-d-c-and-l-a-125936745.html
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 12:28:18 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
Next day off work you might think about refreshing and inventorying your humidor, then start over with a new "short list".
That sounds like a great idea. Just can't justify putting in the hours to do that when I've got more pressing things to take care of.
You need to start referring to it as "my list".  It's length is short in neither content nor time.
I enjoy the ironying.

[edit]  ;D
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 12:30:13 PM
Need Raz here, we seem to have a language barrier with the carpet crew.

Carpet-o on floor-o right here-o.  :P
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 20, 2017, 12:41:23 PM
Market Watch Update... S&P 500 2,351.16 3.94 (0.17%)   Dow 30 20,624.05 4.28 (0.02%)   Nasdaq 5,838.58 23.68 (0.41%)
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 12:51:48 PM
Possibly old info but Lecca black and white on sale for sub $2:

https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883 (https://www.cigar.com/p/sam-leccia-black-cigars/1470366/#p-144883)

Promo code: cold

Sorry, no free ship.  Maybe a "save for later" item.
Trying to remember if I've ever tried the White. I thought the Black was a decent change of pace cigar. Probably have a couple of each buried. Not adding it to the short list though.
"THAT" list is the one that seems to be the short list.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 01:03:12 PM
Need Raz here, we seem to have a language barrier with the carpet crew.
Carpet-o on floor-o right here-o.  :P
No bueno until they get it right, then bueno when they do.  Throw a por favor in now and then for good measure.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 01:18:07 PM
Need Raz here, we seem to have a language barrier with the carpet crew.
Carpet-o on floor-o right here-o.  :P
No bueno until they get it right, then bueno when they do.  Throw a por favor in now and then for good measure.
You could always try a little Bésame el culo to get their attention.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 01:22:29 PM
[...]

That's the one thing I don't do. Not even the girl scout patches.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 01:36:00 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 01:40:31 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 01:44:54 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 01:58:17 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
I'm an optimist.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 02:18:48 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 02:19:55 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
one half days work, should have been one hour including break time.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 02:36:25 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?
The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 02:38:08 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
one half days work, should have been one hour including break time.
90 minutes because I was on the phone bitchin' to a former colleague while I was working on it.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 02:42:36 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
one half days work, should have been one hour including break time.
90 minutes because I was on the phone bitchin' to a former colleague while I was working on it.
LMAO
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 02:43:41 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?
The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.
Yeah, that toilet is older than Dean so about time to think about updating
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 03:03:09 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?
The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.
Yeah, that toilet is older than Dean so about time to think about updating
But it's original to the house. If I could find the right stopper, it'll be fine. I once bought one from a local hardware store and it lasted me about 8 years. He's still in business (barely) but doesn't stock those stoppers any longer. I should see if he could special order it for me.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 03:32:11 PM
I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?
The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.
Yeah, that toilet is older than Dean so about time to think about updating
But it's original to the house. If I could find the right stopper, it'll be fine. I once bought one from a local hardware store and it lasted me about 8 years. He's still in business (barely) but doesn't stock those stoppers any longer. I should see if he could special order it for me.
My bad. Not stopper. I meant to say flapper.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 03:41:33 PM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
going to do a rent to own screened building.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 03:44:28 PM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
going to do a rent to own screened building.
Instead of converting one of the sheds?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 03:45:16 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 03:45:55 PM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
going to do a rent to own screened building.
Instead of converting one of the sheds?
just found out the new shed is not mine to use.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:04:46 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:05:54 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
One red hair from death!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:07:55 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:07:57 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
One red hair from death!
Don't mess with redheads. They ain't just hot in the sack.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:08:38 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:08:56 PM
one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
going to do a rent to own screened building.
Sounds like a winner!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:09:57 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.

Screw hole works nicely though ;D
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 04:09:59 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Now you have to buy some presidents day sale sheets.
Who's going to break it in?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 04:11:26 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 20, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:12:17 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Go in there and fire one up.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:13:49 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
the lady is a redhead too, just older with more grey hairs. kind of like a strawberry blonde.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:13:56 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
the lady is a redhead too, just older with more grey hairs. kind of like a strawberry blonde.
They know the difference!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:15:04 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Now you have to buy some presidents day sale sheets.
Who's going to break it in?
I have queen size sheets.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:16:08 PM
lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
the lady is a redhead too, just older with more grey hairs. kind of like a strawberry blonde.
They know the difference!
I'm sure they do.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:16:59 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:17:39 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:17:39 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Go in there and fire one up.
Smoking in the car before, after, and during breaks.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:19:01 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.

Edit:  these people will need it June 1 if they buy it and they are cash buyers so getting a better price.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:20:09 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:20:57 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.
hope that works out. I hate moving.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:21:49 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
That's a stretch. But Mark has the final say.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:22:45 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.
hope that works out. I hate moving.
So do I and the next one after this is all finished will be to the nursing home or the funeral home.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:24:35 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
That's a stretch. But Mark has the final say.
Mark ain't here so it is final.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 04:27:23 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
That's a stretch. But Mark has the final say.
Mark ain't here so it is final.
Mark is back, and it is a stretch, but I'll grant you a mulligan.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:28:14 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:29:11 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.
hope that works out. I hate moving.
So do I and the next one after this is all finished will be to the nursing home or the funeral home.
+1
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 04:29:16 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.

Edit:  these people will need it June 1 if they buy it and they are cash buyers so getting a better price.
And you save the listing fee?  Hell yeah, credit them half what that would have cost you.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:29:45 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
velcro or slip on?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 04:29:58 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:31:37 PM
Carpet is going down nicely and the sun has come out. Cain F Lancero lit.  Could not find a cutter so a #8 wood screw punched  it quite well.
WTF? Do I need to send you a cutter?
I got about 10 or 12 of them but everything is packed away, thought I left one out but can't find it.
So when does the house go on the market?
California people are coming to look at it next Wednesday and told them I would give them a week before actually putting it on the market.
great. does the house HAVE to sell immediately to make the move to SC?
Need it sold and closed by the end of July.

Edit:  these people will need it June 1 if they buy it and they are cash buyers so getting a better price.
And you save the listing fee?  Hell yeah, credit them half what that would have cost you.
More than that since a cash buyer.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:32:06 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
:)

Marked down to $15
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:48:55 PM
pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans for dinner. bbl.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 04:49:42 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
:)

Marked down to $15
I wear the $4 Converse knock offs from Wal Mart.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:51:30 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
That's a stretch. But Mark has the final say.
Mark ain't here so it is final.
Mark is back, and it is a stretch, but I'll grant you a mulligan.
That's only because he's your neighbor. You know he doesn't deserve it.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:52:46 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
Who gives a shit about the child labor? Just as long as you're comfortable.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 04:55:23 PM
pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans for dinner. bbl.
Oh wow. That sounds amazing. Haven't yet figured out what'll be for dinner tonight. Fridge and freezer are pretty bare. Haven't been food shopping in a couple of weeks.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 04:59:19 PM
pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans for dinner. bbl.
Oh wow. That sounds amazing. Haven't yet figured out what'll be for dinner tonight. Fridge and freezer are pretty bare. Haven't been food shopping in a couple of weeks.
Does sound mighty good Dean'O!   Warden is at the grocery now stocking us up, pantry and freezer were pretty bare here.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 05:01:26 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
:)

Marked down to $15
I wear the $4 Converse knock offs from Wal Mart.
I might paint me some Nike Checks on these.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 20, 2017, 05:02:22 PM
I have a meeting at the outplacement company tomorrow. Decided to make a day of it and study from there. I also put a couple of smokes in the portable humidor. Hoping to get a couple in.
Off the short list?
I lost my short list and have to create a new one.
Yeah, TWSS too, short things are easy to lose
That's a stretch. But Mark has the final say.
Mark ain't here so it is final.
Mark is back, and it is a stretch, but I'll grant you a mulligan.
That's only because he's your neighbor. You know he doesn't deserve it.
True, but he's old.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 05:03:02 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
Who gives a shit about the child labor? Just as long as you're comfortable.
Who do you think makes all those name brands?  Sheesh!

But either way I don't give a shit
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 05:06:32 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
:)

Marked down to $15
I wear the $4 Converse knock offs from Wal Mart.
I might paint me some Nike Checks on these.
It's called a Swoosh, old timer.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 05:08:20 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
Who gives a shit about the child labor? Just as long as you're comfortable.
Who do you think makes all those name brands?  Sheesh!

But either way I don't give a shit
I'm sure it's the same assembly line. Just enjoy throwing shit your way.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 05:10:36 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 05:10:43 PM
Prepping for retirement and bought me some Walmart Tennis Shoes, damn things are pretty comfortable.
You've jumped the shark and are now officially old.
:)

Marked down to $15
I wear the $4 Converse knock offs from Wal Mart.
I might paint me some Nike Checks on these.
It's called a Swoosh, old timer.
Fuk'n Millennial Smartass
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 05:11:37 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 05:13:25 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Short stack on February 20, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 05:26:24 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Ahhhh, always a lurker. That's fine. Hope all is well.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 05:28:23 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Afternoon Short Stack, you at the coast!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Short stack on February 20, 2017, 05:31:21 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Ahhhh, always a lurker. That's fine. Hope all is well.
//At my age any time I get up in the am it's a good day ,I hope all is well for You
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: Short stack on February 20, 2017, 05:40:11 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Afternoon Short Stack, you at the coast!
Afternoon to You sir not at the coast just got back to the ghetto in NC from the big city of Liberty SC at the brides family farm
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 06:15:19 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Ahhhh, always a lurker. That's fine. Hope all is well.
//At my age any time I get up in the am it's a good day ,I hope all is well for You
Survivin'.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 20, 2017, 06:30:23 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from Short stack? Haven't seen him around in a while.
He has not posted in quite a while.
Thought of him because I know he always enjoys the repartee.
//Thanks for the thought Mayor just hanging digesting the drama and humor as usual
Ahhhh, always a lurker. That's fine. Hope all is well.
//At my age any time I get up in the am it's a good day ,I hope all is well for You
AM or PM, I'm not picky.  Evening Short stack.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 20, 2017, 07:08:57 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 07:16:51 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 20, 2017, 07:26:31 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Yo Antnee.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 07:31:18 PM
dinner is done, just got home, nice house warming/getting my ass out of the park (that's what the card said) gifts waiting for me on the porch. 2# of Jamaican coffee, 2# of Cuban coffee, 2# of Expresso, and a 2.2# jug of CoffeeMate.
Padron #3000 and coffee started. I deserve it.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 07:32:30 PM
hi Mike and I'moldbutstillgetoutofbedShort stack.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:33:03 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 20, 2017, 07:41:08 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
Bada Bing!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 07:45:24 PM
dinner is done, just got home, nice house warming/getting my ass out of the park (that's what the card said) gifts waiting for me on the porch. 2# of Jamaican coffee, 2# of Cuban coffee, 2# of Expresso, and a 2.2# jug of CoffeeMate.
Padron #3000 and coffee started. I deserve it.
Yes you do. I'll be more happy for you once you get moved in.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 07:46:35 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 07:50:32 PM
dinner is done, just got home, nice house warming/getting my ass out of the park (that's what the card said) gifts waiting for me on the porch. 2# of Jamaican coffee, 2# of Cuban coffee, 2# of Expresso, and a 2.2# jug of CoffeeMate.
Padron #3000 and coffee started. I deserve it.
Yes you do. I'll be more happy for you once you get moved in.
me too. it's happening fast. landlord tells me he wants to deal in cash or money order to save his SS benefit. he has 3 other houses for Christ's sake. not bad for a backwoods redneck cracker.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 07:51:41 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:55:21 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I would just close my account and open a new one
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 07:55:31 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 07:56:58 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I would just close my account and open a new one
If I really wanted to block someone, I could. The user name has nothing to do with it.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 07:58:02 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I would just close my account and open a new one
If I really wanted to block someone, I could. The user name has nothing to do with it.
Different IP address would do it wouldn't it?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 20, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji6.png)
You know it hurts so good…
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:05:25 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:12:36 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I would just close my account and open a new one
If I really wanted to block someone, I could. The user name has nothing to do with it.
Different IP address would do it wouldn't it?
It would help but but not completely circumvent a possible ban. For example, I have ranges of IPs blocked in order to avoid certain SPAMbots.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:13:40 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:15:13 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:18:56 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:23:40 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
it gave a text box and I just put in, "you take too much abuse".
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:26:05 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
it gave a text box and I just put in, "you take too much abuse".
I see nothing. So there you go... Don't waste your time reporting trolls because no one cares.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 20, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
it gave a text box and I just put in, "you take too much abuse".
I see nothing. So there you go... Don't waste your time reporting trolls because no one cares.
It could also be because i haven't updated the software in a while.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 08:41:32 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
it gave a text box and I just put in, "you take too much abuse".
I see nothing. So there you go... Don't waste your time reporting trolls because no one cares.
It could also be because i haven't updated the software in a while.
:o
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 08:41:46 PM
Happy International Pipe Smoking Day.
Wish I had known that earlier. Might have been able to make time for a quick bowl.

Howdy,  Mikey.
Bet it was on your short list too.
I don't have to take this abuse... But I want to.
you can always report him to the Moderator. oh wait, that's you. ha.
I wonder what happens if you click that? Hahaha.
I just reported you!
Let me see if my Admin ID received anything...
ha ha ha
I don't see anything. I would have thought an email or something showing the offending post.
it gave a text box and I just put in, "you take too much abuse".
I see nothing. So there you go... Don't waste your time reporting trolls because no one cares.
It could also be because i haven't updated the software in a while.

what's an update?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:12:24 PM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Republicans are more determined than ever to pass bills expanding gun rights in the wake of the deadly Pulse nightclub and Fort Lauderdale airport shootings.

They say law-abiding gun owners should be allowed to take their weapons to airports, government meetings and state universities, and would be in a better position to protect themselves and others if a mass shooting should erupt in one of those places.

"Anytime you create a gun-free zone, you essentially are creating a safe haven for mass shooters and the criminal element and you put law-abiding people at a disadvantage," said Marion Hammer, who has lobbied for the National Rifle Association for more than 42 years.

There are about two dozen gun-related bills filed ahead of next month's 60-day legislative session and the vast majority would expand gun rights so they can be carried, as one opponent said, "pretty much everywhere."

"If it's a reaction to the Pulse shooting and Fort Lauderdale, it's a very odd reaction," said Patti Brigham, a vice president at the League of Women Voters of Florida and co-chair of the Florida Coalition to Prevent Gun Violence. "It's like bad gun bills on steroids."
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:22:53 PM
[...]

Fixed it
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:25:12 PM
[...]

what the fuck does she know?
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 20, 2017, 09:32:35 PM
[...]

Not a damn thing except mouthing off.
Title: Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 20, 2017, 09:36:14 PM
[...]

they really didn't need her comment in that news article.