Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!

« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Have a great time.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »

I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.

« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »

I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Nice to see ya.

« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.

« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

Correct.
This is interesting....I didn't realize they were defiling scotch as well....Dewar's, shame on you!
http://liquor.com/slideshows/top-10-new-flavored-whiskies/#.

« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.

« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.

« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »

I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Have a good weekend Joe!

« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Or lighting charcoal

« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Travel well, enjoy the visit!

« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Weren't you there the time Barry brought those bottles?  Do you remember trying it?  I would have to agree with not sickening sweet and not terrible.

« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.

« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

[...]

Yes, it wasn't bad.  Tap 357 even less bad.

« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!
Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.
Rumchata is so damn good...like the leftover milk after eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22