CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: 10/30/2014  (Read 33849 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46: 

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Nor any with Maple in the name either!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Have a great time.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »

I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »

I'm also outta here, got to do some booze shopping.  Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend, all.
Nice to see ya.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »

Correct.
This is interesting....I didn't realize they were defiling scotch as well....Dewar's, shame on you!
http://liquor.com/slideshows/top-10-new-flavored-whiskies/#.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »

Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »

I tried some Maple Canadian whiskey that Barry brought to CF one year.  I remember it being decent.
Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »

Have a good weekend Joe!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »

Crown Maple isn't good for much besides foo-foo holiday drinks and adding to to recipes.
Or lighting charcoal

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2014, 03:14:14 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Travel well, enjoy the visit!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »

Tap 357 was bought for me one Christmas as a gag gift.  Took me a year to get the courage (and on a dare) to open it and actually try it.  Not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Weren't you there the time Barry brought those bottles?  Do you remember trying it?  I would have to agree with not sickening sweet and not terrible.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »

Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »

Weren't you there the time Barry brought those bottles?  Do you remember trying it?  I would have to agree with not sickening sweet and not terrible.
Yes, it wasn't bad.  Tap 357 even less bad.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »

Speaking of holiday fru-fru drinks, Fireball and RumChata.....tastes like a cinnamon roll.
Rumchata is so damn good...like the leftover milk after eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22