CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: 10/30/2014  (Read 33868 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46: 

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.

Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Tuesday carryover, LOL. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »

Can't stresss that point too much!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2014, 02:17:29 PM »

So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

Correct.

sfish

« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.  Talisker is my #2 and Laphroig probably #3 after that just give me glenlivet.  Ardmore is a good one also but don't drink it often.

sfish

« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
See ya Scott...I can't imagine Tuesday without you, we will have to make due!

sfish

« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »

Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.
Laphroig was always my stand-out islay when they made the 15 Year, since then they screwed it up by making it 18 year and it's not as good for some reason, used to get a bottle every X-mas as a little tradition

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

Later, Scott.  Have a great trip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »

Have a great trip and don't come back looking or living like Dean!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »

No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »

If Dean says no, that means no.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »

No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Jack Honey and Whiskey Stones, hold the Kidney Stones please!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22