« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)

Tuesday carryover, LOL.

« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.

Yeah, I'm just not in to the flavored whiskey scene.
Pretty sure you haven't made that clear yet...  ;)
Can't stresss that point too much!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2014, 02:17:29 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?

Correct.

« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region

« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.  Talisker is my #2 and Laphroig probably #3 after that just give me glenlivet.  Ardmore is a good one also but don't drink it often.

« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!

« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
See ya Scott...I can't imagine Tuesday without you, we will have to make due!

« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
No peanut butter whiskey! (ok, I'm done)
No pumpkin either!  I may not be done

I believe Corsair makes a pumpkin spice whiskey... not trying that one, myself.
Nasty!  My favorites are whiskey that tastes like Bourbon and whisky that tastes like Lagavulin single malt scotch.
I like Lagavulin as well, also like Bowmore and especially Laphroig in the Islay region
Several I like but Lagavulin is #1 in my book without a close second because of the heavy smoke flavor.
Laphroig was always my stand-out islay when they made the 15 Year, since then they screwed it up by making it 18 year and it's not as good for some reason, used to get a bottle every X-mas as a little tradition
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!

Later, Scott.  Have a great trip.

« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
Have a great trip and don't come back looking or living like Dean!

« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.

« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »

Alright my little beefdarts, I'm out of here and flying over Dean's head tomorrow morning for a Yankeetown Lav-Dump. Not sure how much I'll check in but if I'm feeling hungover on Tuesday I may poke the ol' head in! Stay golden!
If Dean says no, that means no.

« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2014, 02:42:05 PM »

From the Maker's site, on Maker's 46:

We age Maker's 46® a bit longer inside barrels containing seared French oak staves. The staves create bolder, more complex flavors — while eliminating the bitterness that usually comes with whiskies that are aged longer.

So it's been done.  And it does taste different than regular Maker's.  Sorry, I don't like artificial tampering with my whiskeys!!!!  To each their own, though.
So you don't like Fireball, Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire, Tap 357, Red Stag and the like?
No! Nor any whiskey with Honey in the name.
Jack Honey and Whiskey Stones, hold the Kidney Stones please!