ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
Bought Chicken & waffles for my daughters wedding this spring.  Like Red says it seems to be the up and coming thing.  of course, I paid for them, but because of doing wedding stuff and picture taking, I didn't get to EAT any of them, so Chicken & waffles are still a mystery to me.

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »

Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Hi Tony!  Schedule has been out the window for the past few days so I try to log in when I can.  Serious Workaferance as it's been called.  don't know if I've mentioned it, but I appreciate your creating this forum.
You're most welcome.

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

Don't think I've ever had "real" fried chicken but I've heard good things about this place from trusted sources.
Pretty simple stuff salt & pepper the chicken (no boneless and/or skinless breast stuff) dip in some butter milk and shake it in flour then pan fry but often it is actually deep fried in restaurants because pan frying is labor intensive which is ok.

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2014, 11:58:40 AM »

Meeting an old friend for lunch so I'll catch y'all later.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.

« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »

[...]

Morning SS.  Hah yeah I know what you are talking about my son is getting married in March and I am payin for a ccreole food spectacular rehearsal dinner and will be lucky to get to eat any.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2014, 12:01:20 PM »

[...]

As a kid, I used to help my dad at the American Legion Fried chicken & oyster dinners they had.  rthe chicken was the same as you emtion except we used lemon juice instead of buttermilk and we did use a deep fryer.  Chicken was damned good, but the fried oysters they did were out of this world.  used pancake batter on them  and deep fried them (different cookers for chicken & oysters).
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »

Meeting an old friend for lunch so I'll catch y'all later.
enjoy!

« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
They ARM mailmen now?

« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »

[...]

Big cast-iron pan, and lots of fat.  Traditionally, it should be lard.

I put a little cayenne in the flour.

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?

I've heard of those first two...

Daughter is Elsa, along with every other girl on the planet except yours.  Son is a mailman.
Will he have a weapon?
They ARM mailmen now?
No, they arm themselves.  Right before they go postal.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2014, 12:09:25 PM »

Morning Raz!  Good to see you out and about!

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2014, 12:11:16 PM »

[...]

Interesting never heard of the lemon juice technique but sounds good.  I love fried oysters and have had them with the pancake batter and very good.  In LA we always just used cornmeal with a little touch of flour in it or else corn flour (aka fish fry) for them. What part of the country did you grow up in?

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »

[...]

Correct on cast iron and lard!!!!!   We put a little salt and pepper in the flour but no cayenne for the chicken - just personal taste preferences.