« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »

cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
one of my favorites. cocoa, coffee, spice, bit of pepper. great cigar.
trust me, you will love it. robusto or toro are both great smokes.
Ok, good enough for me.  I'll pick them up next time i see them.  Thanks Dean!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2014, 11:31:28 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.

« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »

Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Major work-a-ference this morning!

« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
It's big with the Pennsylvania Dutch too.  Not sure if it's the same though.  Do they use brown gravy or maple syrup down there?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

Don't think I've ever had "real" fried chicken but I've heard good things about this place from trusted sources.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »

Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Hi Tony!  Schedule has been out the window for the past few days so I try to log in when I can.  Serious Workaferance as it's been called.  don't know if I've mentioned it, but I appreciate your creating this forum.

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »

[...]

Cane syrup usually down south but sometimes Maple.  Have seen it with white gravy (by the way the old school term for that is sawmill gravy).   South Carolina is actually one of the best places in the country to find great southern fried chicken, almost every town has a good place for it.  Chicken with waffles is really big in Charleston.

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?