CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: 10/30/2014  (Read 33864 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/30/2014
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »

cigar #3, JdN Antano.
Your thoughts on the JDN?  I've been tempted a few times, but never bit.
one of my favorites. cocoa, coffee, spice, bit of pepper. great cigar.
trust me, you will love it. robusto or toro are both great smokes.
Ok, good enough for me.  I'll pick them up next time i see them.  Thanks Dean!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2014, 11:31:28 AM »

Where did pumpkin head go?   I need to know what the chef has at the cafateria today so I can get ideas about what I might want for lunch.  Fried chicken is sounding kind of good to me.

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »

Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »

A place just opened up out here that sells fried chicken and waffle sandwhiches... the waffle is the 'bun'.  Sounds/looks great, just need to make it out there to try one.
I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:12 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »

Major work-a-ference this morning!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »

I luv fried chicken but not any real good places to get it here, unbelievable there is no real southern fried chicken in a city this size.  Popeyes is probably the best here, there is a place downtown here that is out of Memphis and their chicken is decent but not all that great as it is touted to be.  Fried chicken and waffles is an up and coming thing, very  popular in SC and GA.
It's big with the Pennsylvania Dutch too.  Not sure if it's the same though.  Do they use brown gravy or maple syrup down there?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

Don't think I've ever had "real" fried chicken but I've heard good things about this place from trusted sources.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »

Good morning!
Howdy, Sam.  You're on early.
Hi Tony!  Schedule has been out the window for the past few days so I try to log in when I can.  Serious Workaferance as it's been called.  don't know if I've mentioned it, but I appreciate your creating this forum.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »

It's big with the Pennsylvania Dutch too.  Not sure if it's the same though.  Do they use brown gravy or maple syrup down there?
Cane syrup usually down south but sometimes Maple.  Have seen it with white gravy (by the way the old school term for that is sawmill gravy).   South Carolina is actually one of the best places in the country to find great southern fried chicken, almost every town has a good place for it.  Chicken with waffles is really big in Charleston.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »

Morning, all.
Howdy, Joe.

Morning, Tony.  Kids all ready for Halloween?  What are they going as?
From youngest to oldest... Batman, Robin, Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, and Sugar Skull.  You?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22