BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »

Seriously guys this is on the Mash for another 55 minutes and no BOTL should let one of these rare finds for only $35 get away from them.

 Rocky Patel Luxury Circulos Amber Ashtray $34.98

My grandmother used to have some giant ashtrays like that. Sans RP logo. Funny, no matter how big an ashtray you have, it's always overflowing when there are cigarette smokers. They'll start filling empty beer cans with butts before they actually try and empty the fuckin thing...

« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
Exactly right, rarely done properly. Unfortunately you'll have troubles with that corner seat eventually, tough to get away with those without going with a single piece top. It's concerning the bath looks new, shouldn't be having tile issues at this point but good luck
7years old...agreed...hope this isn't the first apple to fall.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

finishing up the Pad Thai from last night and heading out to the car for a Blood Red Moon and listen to some book on tape
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »

Afternoon, BD and Sam.
How do Mr Smoker?
Howdy BS....  Mmmm, I'm starting to get confused on my howdys...
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
Sounds like words of wisdom BS, "Don't hire a dumbass...!"  If I only would have known it sooner.
Save the dumbasses for the banter
:)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »

Afternoon, BD and Sam.
How do Mr Smoker?
Howdy BS....  Mmmm, I'm starting to get confused on my howdys...

Not a problem, sir. I was too wrapped in CG's issue to properly issue my howdy in a timely manner.  ;)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
I am pretty confident the guy knew what he was doing, he is in the construction industry as a lumber supplier-I would assume he would know who to use when he built the home. The enclosure seems to be fine, just one of the floor tiles is causing some issues...or so I think ;)

#fingerscrossed
Amen to that - I am hoping I caught it quick enough before any bad damage occurred.

I know, right. I'm not trying to intentionally worry you... this time  ;), but I'm sure Scott will tell you the same. There's a lot that can be done wrong. Whether it's the drain slope, backer board/substrate, moisture barrier/membrane, mastic/adhesive.... blah, blah blah.
Ohh for sure-I redid my parents bathroom with my dad back in 2011, amazing how many pieces come together to 'supposedly' form a waterproof membrane :)
If I squint my eyes real hard, it looks like there's a girl in the little shower photo.  She's really ugly thou.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »

Seriously guys this is on the Mash for another 55 minutes and no BOTL should let one of these rare finds for only $35 get away from them.

 Rocky Patel Luxury Circulos Amber Ashtray $34.98

My grandmother used to have some giant ashtrays like that. Sans RP logo. Funny, no matter how big an ashtray you have, it's always overflowing when there are cigarette smokers. They'll start filling empty beer cans with butts before they actually try and empty the fuckin thing...
I knew a guy like that.  He had a little room in his basement he made into a computer room.  On his desk he'd have two or three overfilled ashtrays, and filled up beer cans. His white computer was brown.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

Here ya go, BD

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

I bet you're not seeing a lamp...
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

I bet you're not seeing a lamp...
Actually, I was just getting ready to ask you what the purple tattoo on her butt was..?  :)
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »

Naw, the beach was still there, but is it supposed to look like two big dicks climbing up her ass...?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »

I bet you're not seeing a lamp...
Actually, I was just getting ready to ask you what the purple tattoo on her butt was..?  :)

Not to worry. You aren't the only one. We're just wired different... or from Mars... or some such bullshit. lol
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »

Naw, the beach was still there, but is it supposed to look like two big dicks climbing up her ass...?

Now, you're starting to worry me.  :o