Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »

In 1940, Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson drew the first number — 158 — in America's first peacetime military draft.
My number was 24.  In October I volunteered to be drafted, and in the following May the first draft selection was number 1-25.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »

good Wednesday morning all.
Happy Hump Day Sam!
Thanks CG!  Hope your shower woes are easily (and inexpensively)  fixed!
Amen to that brother!  I don't think it's anything serious, but I will find out soon!
Probably not serious now but might be when you finish fucking with it.

HAhaha. Well, there's that too.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2014, 12:03:42 PM »

Afternoon, BD and Sam.

« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »

Seriously guys this is on the Mash for another 55 minutes and no BOTL should let one of these rare finds for only $35 get away from them.

 Rocky Patel Luxury Circulos Amber Ashtray $34.98

« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »

good Wednesday morning all.
Happy Hump Day Sam!
Thanks CG!  Hope your shower woes are easily (and inexpensively)  fixed!
Amen to that brother!  I don't think it's anything serious, but I will find out soon!
Probably not serious now but might be when you finish fucking with it.

HAhaha. Well, there's that too.
Afternoon BS, that is always the case with me and plumbing!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:09 PM »

In 1901, President William McKinley's assassin, Leon Czolgosz (CHAWL'-gahsh), was electrocuted.
That's just shocking...!

« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:26 PM »

OK, I am going down the street to grab a sandwich and check out the Formula 1 cars here for the race this weekend.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »

In 1901, President William McKinley's assassin, Leon Czolgosz (CHAWL'-gahsh), was electrocuted.
That's just shocking...!
Prerequisite groan placed here.

« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
I am pretty confident the guy knew what he was doing, he is in the construction industry as a lumber supplier-I would assume he would know who to use when he built the home. The enclosure seems to be fine, just one of the floor tiles is causing some issues...or so I think ;)

#fingerscrossed
Amen to that - I am hoping I caught it quick enough before any bad damage occurred.

I know, right. I'm not trying to intentionally worry you... this time  ;), but I'm sure Scott will tell you the same. There's a lot that can be done wrong. Whether it's the drain slope, backer board/substrate, moisture barrier/membrane, mastic/adhesive.... blah, blah blah.
Ohh for sure-I redid my parents bathroom with my dad back in 2011, amazing how many pieces come together to 'supposedly' form a waterproof membrane :)

« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »

Lunch and HD time!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »

Seriously guys this is on the Mash for another 55 minutes and no BOTL should let one of these rare finds for only $35 get away from them.

 Rocky Patel Luxury Circulos Amber Ashtray $34.98
That would be nice for my Rocky Patel Ocean Clubs...
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/29/2014
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »

Afternoon, BD and Sam.
How do Mr Smoker?

Doing well. Just trying to push through the rest of this week. Friday's payday and I'll have Monday off.

« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
Sounds like words of wisdom BS, "Don't hire a dumbass...!"  If I only would have known it sooner.
Save the dumbasses for the banter

« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »

Looking at that shower, I hope you get away with just replacing the one tile. Enclosures like that are rarely done correctly in my experience. Hopefully you had a guy that knew what he was doing and not the guy who subbed out the job to a total dumbass.
Exactly right, rarely done properly. Unfortunately you'll have troubles with that corner seat eventually, tough to get away with those without going with a single piece top. It's concerning the bath looks new, shouldn't be having tile issues at this point but good luck