CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: 10/24/2014  (Read 24260 times)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

Morning LSU, how you feeling?
Much better thank you.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

Sheesh!
Good morning Native, Scott and BD.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.

sfish

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »

Morning Dave, BD. I think I just heard an echo

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:06 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:20 AM »

I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
I'm really getting sick of our tax.  We just had a recent vote stating that we only pay 8.6% local tax, and they only want to raise it .25%.  It's only a temporary tax that will only last for 25 years.  Then they threatened that if the tax isn't raised, they will just attach it to the property tax.
I know what you mean.  We don't have state or local income tax but property taxes are like paying sales tax on your house every year and 65% of it is school tax.  Hard to swallow when the high school (only one in the district) just built a $20 million football stadium and then put a $480,000 jumbo-tron tv in it.  Now say they had a $2 million deficit this year and need more $.  And then there is our water rates, my water bill runs $150-200 a month.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »

Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
I'm really getting sick of our tax.  We just had a recent vote stating that we only pay 8.6% local tax, and they only want to raise it .25%.  It's only a temporary tax that will only last for 25 years.  Then they threatened that if the tax isn't raised, they will just attach it to the property tax.
I know what you mean.  We don't have state or local income tax but property taxes are like paying sales tax on your house every year and 65% of it is school tax.  Hard to swallow when the high school (only one in the district) just built a $20 million football stadium and then put a $480,000 jumbo-tron tv in it.  Now say they had a $2 million deficit this year and need more $.  And then there is our water rates, my water bill runs $150-200 a month.
I pay two state taxes and my property taxes are out of control too.  I have probably the smallest lot in my town (32 x 100) and I pay just under 12K a year.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »

I pay two state taxes and my property taxes are out of control too.  I have probably the smallest lot in my town (32 x 100) and I pay just under 12K a year.
That is about exactly what I pay but my lot is 90 x 150.  Ours is based on house sq footage, about 20% more in the city of Austin but 30% less across the county line 10 miles down the road.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »

My uncle had an old house that he decided to have removed.  Later when he received the tax bill, it' had gone up.  He called the tax assessor and inquired why did his taxes go up...?  They replied, "it was due to the improvements he had made to the property."

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 08:17:36 AM »

Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »

And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.
I never seen the supply canisters, but I do remember see all of the Civil Defense Shelter Signs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12