Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

Morning LSU, how you feeling?
Much better thank you.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 07:42:53 AM »

Sheesh!
Good morning Native, Scott and BD.

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »

Morning Dave, BD. I think I just heard an echo

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:06 AM »

Good morning, gentlemen.

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:20 AM »

I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
I'm really getting sick of our tax.  We just had a recent vote stating that we only pay 8.6% local tax, and they only want to raise it .25%.  It's only a temporary tax that will only last for 25 years.  Then they threatened that if the tax isn't raised, they will just attach it to the property tax.
I know what you mean.  We don't have state or local income tax but property taxes are like paying sales tax on your house every year and 65% of it is school tax.  Hard to swallow when the high school (only one in the district) just built a $20 million football stadium and then put a $480,000 jumbo-tron tv in it.  Now say they had a $2 million deficit this year and need more $.  And then there is our water rates, my water bill runs $150-200 a month.

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

[...]
I pay two state taxes and my property taxes are out of control too.  I have probably the smallest lot in my town (32 x 100) and I pay just under 12K a year.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »

[...]
That is about exactly what I pay but my lot is 90 x 150.  Ours is based on house sq footage, about 20% more in the city of Austin but 30% less across the county line 10 miles down the road.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »

[...]
My uncle had an old house that he decided to have removed.  Later when he received the tax bill, it' had gone up.  He called the tax assessor and inquired why did his taxes go up...?  They replied, "it was due to the improvements he had made to the property."

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 08:17:36 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »

In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.
I never seen the supply canisters, but I do remember see all of the Civil Defense Shelter Signs.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12