CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: 10/21/2014  (Read 43986 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »

Tell Joe I said hi.  Off to more meetings.

sfish

« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »

Actually a very good deal on the mash for the Cabaiguan Guapos RX, excellent smoke and you can get (20) for just under $100 with catsrule.

I think BS Steve was looking for a deal on those

Indeed. Think I'll get a couple 5ers... not sure if there is much difference between the guapo and the non, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Morning, Scott

Big difference, IMO.
Guapos being better IMO, what are your thoughts Ogie?

I like the regular better but it's my go-to CT shade.  I can understand how the Guapos would seem to have more character though.

I'd take a Guapos over a V any day...
Hmmm, another temptation.  I really like the Vs.  I haven't had a Cabaiguan in a really long time and I believe the ones I had were somewhere between a corona and a robusto.  I do remember liking those a lot though.  And howdy, Ogie.
The ones I've smoked were between a cigarillo and a double corona...GFY Tony

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »

Joe, Tony says hi.

sfish

« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »

Tell Joe I said hi.  Off to more meetings.
No

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:41 AM »

off to the meeting, then golf, then dinner date, then either dessert or another meeting.

enjoy this great and lovely Tuesday guys.

;)
Damn....and he leaves all cheery and shit again...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »

off to the meeting, then golf, then dinner date, then either dessert or another meeting.

;)
Meetings...you trying to be like us?

sfish

« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

;)
Damn....and he leaves all cheery and shit again...
Typical

sfish

« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »

Joe, Tony says hi.
There's no Joe here

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2014, 10:54:10 AM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »

Morning, all. 

Beer recap... in the past four days or so I've had an Epic Brewing "Fermentation without Representation" Imperial Pumpkin porter.  Wasn't very pumpkiny.  Victory at Sea on draft at the brewery and it was far and away the best it's ever tasted.  Grapefruit Sculpin at the brewery, also amazing. Calico Amber Ale with Peanuts and Cocoa Nibs, also at the brewery,  and it wasn't the "Ballast Point Peanut Butter" I was hoping for.  No real peanut OR chocolate taste.  Finally, a Coronado Brewing "Punk'in Drublic... another pumpkin beer.  This is the best locally available pumpkin beer, IMO.  Similar to Pumking, just not quite as over the top.

Figured I'd get that out of the way.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #220 on: October 21, 2014, 11:14:55 AM »

Morning, all. 

Beer recap... in the past four days or so I've had an Epic Brewing "Fermentation without Representation" Imperial Pumpkin porter.  Wasn't very pumpkiny.  Victory at Sea on draft at the brewery and it was far and away the best it's ever tasted.  Grapefruit Sculpin at the brewery, also amazing. Calico Amber Ale with Peanuts and Cocoa Nibs, also at the brewery,  and it wasn't the "Ballast Point Peanut Butter" I was hoping for.  No real peanut OR chocolate taste.  Finally, a Coronado Brewing "Punk'in Drublic... another pumpkin beer.  This is the best locally available pumpkin beer, IMO.  Similar to Pumking, just not quite as over the top.

Good mornin Joe!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »

Morning, all. 

Good mornin Joe!

Hey there, Shaun. Also smoked some cigars, maybe I should've started there and eased everyone in to the beer talk.  Have had a bunch lately but the one that kinda stands out is the Room 101 Serie HN.  Really tasty, seems like it kinda flies under the radar among everything else in the brand.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2014, 11:24:51 AM »

Morning, all. 

Good mornin Joe!

Hey there, Shaun. Also smoked some cigars, maybe I should've started there and eased everyone in to the beer talk.  Have had a bunch lately but the one that kinda stands out is the Room 101 Serie HN.  Really tasty, seems like it kinda flies under the radar among everything else in the brand.
I was just talking with Andy and Mike the other day as Mike was smoking the Big Delish and we all concluded we have very limited Room 101 experience- just a brand I never really look to for cigars...but I have never been disappointed with their cigars...

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »

Belching Beaver just put out a pumpkin spice milk stout, I'll have to try that one.  ABV is a bit too low with their offerings for my liking but their PB stout had a nice flavor profile. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »

Morning, all. 

Good mornin Joe!

Like it matters around these parts. Subjects ebb and flow. Only had a few Room 101 offerings. MCII, Namakubi, Daruma gold... Liked them all quite a bit. Been wanting to try the HN and the Payback. Haven't had any of the area code models either.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26